help file

A place for lotto technical information, articles, equations etc
Roger Toms

help file

Post by Roger Toms » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:49 pm

I'm having a very hard time trying to get the 'free version' thing off the face of the program and the help file to open. I'm not very good with computers but I belive this is the true professional approach to winning big. HELP :?: Thanks. RDT

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: help file

Post by lottoarchitect » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:33 pm

Hi Roger,

once you have the wg.lic file, copy-paste it at the program's installation folder. This is usually "C:\Program FIles\Wheel Generator 1.8.1" unless you have specified another folder during the installation process. You can get your wg.lic file from the dedicated licensed users area at the website http://wg.anastasios-tampakis.net which can be found at the top-left side. Just enter your UserID and authorization code to gain access. WG will open in free mode whilst the wg.lic file is not placed within the folder the program resides in. If you need further assistance feel free to ask.
Also what is the problem you face with the help file?

cheers
lottoarchitect

Roger Toms

Post by Roger Toms » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:59 pm

Lottoarchitect
This is why I have so much trouble. In your reply, I have no idea what you are talking about. I have been to the licensed users area over and over and filled it out and then to the download. that is not the problem.
I have been all over the web looking for something or someone to tell me what an installation folder is . and, how am I suppose to know when I have the wg.lic file? I have typed this file in every place I can find. When I click on the help file, I get 'can not open this file'.The wg.lic shows to be in "C:\Program" file along with the rest of the Wheel Generator program.
I think I'm about to the end of this thing. I have used the LDIR program for many Years but I haven't won either. Don't want to go back but..........RDT

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:04 am

Ok, I'll try to provide a step-by-step guide.
A program, when installed at a computer via the setup provided, it creates a folder and places all the required files for its operation in there. This is what we call the "installation folder". Wheel Generator's default installation folder is "C:\\Program files\Wheel Generator 1.8.1". To actually see the installation folder and the files contained in there, right-click at the "start" button at the bottom-left and select "explore". At the window that opens navigate from the left panel to C -> Program Files -> Wheel Generator 1.8.1. At the right panel you should see the files contained at the installation folder of Wheel Generator. If the wg.lic file is not there, then obviously Wheel Generator is unaware of its existence and will open in free mode. You have to find where wg.lic file has been downloaded by your internet browser and copy-paste it to the above folder.
Depending on the browser you use, each has a particular folder that downloads files from the internet. The help file of the browser can help you on locating the folder it downloads files to and the wg.lic file should be found there. Just open that folder, right-click on wg.lic and click copy. Then open the installation folder of Wheel Generator (as described above) and from the menu click "edit -> paste". I don't know how else I can describe these steps. This is basic windows navigation.
Also, what is your operating system?

Another quick way is to use the search feature of windows. Assuming you have downloaded the wg.lic file from the website and you are unable to locate it somehow, just open the search feature of windows and look for "wg.lic". If the file is in your computer, you should find it on the search results. Again, open the installation folder of Wheel Generator as described above and copy the wg.lic file in there.
About the help file, you are the first person reporting such an issue. Perhaps reinstalling Wheel Generator can solve this since the help file can be opened even by the basic wordpad provided by default in any windows operating system. I try to understand what is happening to your system as the program should be located in "C:\\Program files\Wheel Generator 1.8.1", not in "C:\\Program".
Finally, another quick way to find the "installation folder" of Wheel Generator is to right-click on the icon of Wheel Generator and click "properties". At the box that opens, there is a button that says "find target". Clicking this will open directly the "installation folder" of Wheel Generator.

cheers
lottoarchitect