Need help with Keno

Talk about anything Lotto Architect related which doesn't fit in the other forums
stephen

Need help with Keno

Post by stephen » Sat May 15, 2010 8:56 am

Hi Guys,

I have been working on a program that increases my odds when playing Keno. Currently I can reduce 80 balls down to 40 and can consistently get 12 to 15 balls correct out of the 20 drawn.

I have also written suffesticated filters to reduce the full combinations down. However there are still too many lines to play.

I have also purchased <--- program names snipped : References to other commercial programs is against the rules of the forum ---> before I came across this forum and the Wheel Generator program covered in many of the postings.

<--- Program name's snipped ---> wheels can create an abbreviated wheel with one powerballs for 40 balls to about 480 lines. I'd like to know if there are better wheels than <--- Program name's snipped --->'s out there that I might try to use.

In all my work and programming I have spent countless hours running the program over past draws to get consistency and would like to compare several wheels to see if I can get good results and at least win back my money or more each draw ;-).

Wheels are new to me... I understand what they do and I can easily incorporate a wheel template into my program and automate testing.

If there is anyone on this forum who would like to help... please send me a note.

Kind Regards,
Stephen

draughtsman
Site Admin

Re: Need help with Keno

Post by draughtsman » Sun May 16, 2010 11:37 pm

Hi Stephen,

Wheel Generator does not directly deal with coverings or wheels as may be applied to Keno type games, however there is a facility within Wheel Generator - Inverse Coverings - that may be of assistance to you.
I have copied below the passage from the Help file that deals with these Inverse Covers.

best of luck

draughtsman

Inverse Coverings
When the parameters are set for any covering (eg A) and defined as c(v,k,t,m) = b immediately another covering is also established (eg B) and named the Inverse where the parameters for B are c(v, v-k , (v-m) - (k-t), v-m) = b. These cover parameters are displayed at the Inverse label on the front panel. Inverse covering B has the exact same coverage values (main coverage only) as the initial covering A. Inverse coverings can be saved if it suits your playing strategy, but note that an Inverse cover cannot be imported back for further optimization as WG cannot directly work on Inverse coverings. Thus, an initial cover design is used to construct an Inverse covering and any optimization improvement of the initial covering also gives an equal improvement to the inverse covering. Inverse coverings will have your numbers applied to them if you have made complete number selections in the "My Numbers" panel.
With the Inverse option coverings for KENO games can be constructed. Keno games are such that k is usually >= 10. Thus establish an initial cover that will give Inverse parameters suitable to your KENO game play - for example, if you set v=20, k=6, t=4, m=5 in WG, you will produce the inverse covering of c(20,14,13,15) = b. To obtain this covering save it via the "Save Inverse" menu and access it as a text file with suitable text file reader.