New Addition To Open-cover Database, 98%

Talk about anything Lotto Architect related which doesn't fit in the other forums
draughtsman
Site Admin

New Addition To Open-cover Database, 98%

Post by draughtsman » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:45 am

TRANSFERED FROM OLD FORUM

I have been thinking lately that the 98% coverage rate is a reasonable addition for the open-cover database. In several cases 99% offers a good reduction of tickets compared to the close-cover wheel but several times its difference is minimal to the close wheel bound. The next available coverage limit is 95% which offers a great reduction quite often. The 98% aims to cover this "gap" of cases that 99% is not that useful and 95% (or 5% uncovered) might be considered unacceptable.

LA

Hi LA,

I like the 98% coverage addition to the open-cover database. Less tickets great coverage.

Hi Mr LA Man,

Yes the additional reduced coverage wheel sets will be very acceptable, but a lot of work I presume. I would actually like to see some larger wheels with these reduced coverage sets also - in particular N=21 and N=23 which are both just 1 number size larger than half of the total numbers in the two lotteries I prefer to play ie a 40 ball lottery and a 45 ball lottery, both 6 ball plus bonus balls. Can you slip these two wheels into your development program as well please? Why 1 number more than half? - it has to do with the prize schedules where if half the prize numbers are included in my HCD number set then a payout should hopefully occur, as you have at least half the numbers covered plus 1 so there is some statistical support for a result apart from the predictive HCD process.

Thanks

relowe

I'll expand the open-cover database as well, beyond the current included numbers. I set a limit for now to 20 numbers, so to fill up any "holes" that currently exist (e.g. the 98% wheels) and also some new improvements which made to existing wheels and then I'll add more numbers as well. However, I'll put a maximum wheel size (tickets) for the open-cover database to be around 400 tickets at most. Otherwise the database will grow very large , as for each close-cover wheel, the open-cover database holds around 6 other wheels, which is about 3 times the storage requirements of a single close-cover wheel. Thus, there will be open-cover wheels for almost any wheel with less than 400 tickets, even if it has 49 numbers but no more open-cover wheels for categories like 5if5 (Pick 6), where we have more than 400 tickets on 15 numbers and more.