1st digit

Talk about anything Lotto Architect related which doesn't fit in the other forums
Ilovelottery
Regular
Regular

1st digit

Post by Ilovelottery » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:47 am

Hi
I was trying to use the 1st digit filters. IE say 1st digit is 3 (for 30-39) and YES only to 012. I assume this means I only want tickets with max of 2 numbers in the 30's. On checking after generating, I still see 3 numbers in the 30'S. Have I done something wrong?

Thx

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: 1st digit

Post by lottoarchitect » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:38 am

All the rejection filters require the same steps to be used. These steps are
1) design the filter you want by selecting the filter category. The category groups relevant filters together for easy access. Each column shown at the grid on the right is a single filter.
2) Setup the column as desired. What matters is the YES/NO settings no matter what method we used to setup it (either manually or via algorithms).
3) Having the selection box over a cell in that column (the selection box indicates what filter we want to create), we select the session to store that filter (or change the session) and click create. We enter a name if we want to easily find that filter later or want to distinguish it given the default naming is unsatisfactory. You can also setup several filters at once, then select (using the box) all the filters you want to create and click create.
4) To verify the filter's creation, we open the rejection filters manager at the session the filter is stored. The filter must be there with a green circle (means active). All filters by default created in active status.
5) To actually use that rejection filter we must perform a stage 3 calculation using the session this filter is stored and save the produced ticket listing.

Probably missed something at the above steps. Your filter setup is correct, to filter out any combinations starting with 3X on 3 or more numbers, the first digit filter on column 3 must be set to YES only for values 0 1 2 as you say the rest must be set to NO. So make sure you have saved the correct column, it has the correct values YES/NO, check if it is enabled and also if used the correct session during the stage 3 calculations.

cheers
lottoarchitect

Ilovelottery
Regular
Regular

Post by Ilovelottery » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:47 am

I have been doing what you've described but the result is not showing what I want. I do use other ways (Number Groups or create my own) but tedious when working with many different lottery games.

Here is what I've done step by step and maybe you can spot any error:

Go to Rejection Filters
Go to Design
Drop down menu (top left) select 1st digit
In Algorithm Selection, select Custom/User
Below that, select YES?NO
Table pops up on right with ALL yes on columns and rows both 0 to 5 (50 numbers in this lottery)
In the row 0, 1 and 2 I decided to leave as YES and the rest changed to NO. This means I only want maximum of 2 number per group (10s 20's 30's)
Press Create in session 1
Go to Calculation 3
Select All range of numbers
press calculate
saved tickets
view saved tickets

the 1st ticket is 12345
What have I done wrong?

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:51 am

Your process looks correct. Again make sure you have saved the correct column, it has the correct values YES/NO, check if it is enabled and also if used the correct session during the stage 3 calculations. There is nothing wrong with the filter such as a bug, I have used it many times, even attempted to create what you want and it works ok. So, inspect the above elements. I have described the process in full detail above. Also make sure you have only this filter in the session used. If there is another filter created there that allows 1 2 3 4 5, this is your problem.

lottoarchitect