Compare ticket to specific past draw(s)

Talk about anything Lotto Architect related which doesn't fit in the other forums
Ilovelottery
Regular
Regular

Compare ticket to specific past draw(s)

Post by Ilovelottery » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:08 pm

Hi

When comparing generated tickets I can select the number of historical draws to compare with. I like to know is their a way to select a particular past draw or a selected group only.

Here is an example of what I mean: I have 500 historical draws. I have, let say, generated 10 million tickets and I only want to check this against past draw numbers 20 to 30 of the 500. This means I have to select 480 past draws to compare with and it means waiting a long time before it gets to past draw number 20 to 30 since it always start comparing from the latest draw, ie from 500 then 499....

The only way I can do this easier is to type in the past draw number 20 to 30 in as latest draws but this is tedious when I am testing on many occasions.

Thanks

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: Compare ticket to specific past draw(s)

Post by lottoarchitect » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:56 pm

Hi Ilovelottery, You can do that using the draw filters.
Open the draw filters manager and click to create a new draw filter. You can also make a new area (right-click on the area combo box) to store this draw filter in. At the input box enter any name you want i.e. "Selecting 11 draws starting 20 draws ago". It is 11 draws because 20-30 past draws is 11 draws total.
At the draw filter design window which opens, go to the "pattern" tab and set 1 to the first box using the slider below and enable the checkbox. This means we want to pick every draw backwards. Then switch to the "options" tab. Here we'll setup the other requirements. Set "how many draws to skip" = 19, right below at "depth" = 11 and click "add step". Your filter is really.
By default a new draw filter without any steps does not pick any draws for use. You can check which draws have been selected for use by the draw filter if you observe the column "select" at the left side to verify it works the way you want it to. So we start with no draws selected at all. When we add the first step, what happens here is that we instruct the filter to omit all the last 19 draws starting from the last one in the history (this is the "how many draws to skip" parameter), then apply the "pattern" for "Depth" draws and then stop. Therefore, omitting the last 19 draws from the current history, we start at 20 draws backwards, given the options parameter "Action" is set to "select", we start picking draws by 1 (the defined pattern) till we go backwards 11 draws (depth) which means draws 20 to 30 inclusive will be selected for use.

Now, the draw filters are dynamic which means if you add new draws in the history, the selected draws change but it will be again a selection of 20-30 past draws. To actually use that draw filter, at any window that expects a draw filter selection simply select the area and the draw filter and everything will computed accordingly with the history draws picked by that draw filter. You should also save a project to keep this draw filter.

Keep in mind the effect of skipping draws. For example, if you go to the rejection filters and test the common appearance filter, e.g. the 1st column actually means comparison of the first and second selected draws by the filter backwards, not the full history of draws. So, with this draw filter, this 1st column is actually the comparison of draw 20 vs 21 backwards (which are the 2 initial draws selected by the filter).

cheers
lottoarchitect

Ilovelottery
Regular
Regular

Re: Compare ticket to specific past draw(s)

Post by Ilovelottery » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:36 pm

Thanks LA,

I wish I have your brain.

Cheers