How to move saved project to new PC?

Talk about anything Lotto Architect related which doesn't fit in the other forums
Ilovelottery
Regular
Regular

How to move saved project to new PC?

Post by Ilovelottery » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:40 am

Hi,

I need to get a new PC soon and was wondering how do I transfer all my created info/data across? Cheers!

draughtsman
Site Admin

Re: How to move saved project to new PC?

Post by draughtsman » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:46 am

ILL,

You will first need to re install your softwares on to your new computer. When this is done usually all the data folders are also set up and named but they will obviously hold no information or data. To populate these new folders all that should be required is that you copy your old folders onto say a USB stick and then plug this memory stick into your new PC and transfer that data into the new folders. Your old data should then appear when you next open your new softwares.

Hope this helps

draughtsman

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:18 pm

Since you refer to Lotto Architect, make a backup of the following files found at LA's installation folder: "draw files" folder, "CP.dat", "LA.env" and "wheel.dat" if it is there. Then install LA to the new system and paste back the backed up files. If for whatever reason LA complains or you see "problematic" windows, delete LA.env which will restore the window layouts to default parameters.

lottoarchitect

Ilovelottery
Regular
Regular

Post by Ilovelottery » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:38 am

Hi all,

I have tried that and partially succeeded.

Basically, LA2.2 when 1st loaded fresh has 13 files on it. This is on my new PC.

I saved my LA2.2 folders from my old PC to a USB and it shows 14 files. This additional file is a "Draw File Folder" and inside it has another folder called "UK" and then "Thunderball" All these was transferred successfully.

The problem is I actually have a lot more different lotteries and projects but its not there. Do you know what happen to them?

Thanks

Alan

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:32 am

All the lottery files, project files and printer setting files are stored within the draw files folder. Thus if you backup that folder, you backup everything related to these files. Draw files have the extension .drw, project files have it .Pxx and printer files if I recall correctly .prn. The folder structure represents the organization you have made to the lotteries, i.e. UK will show up as a selectable item on the lottery manager.

Ilovelottery
Regular
Regular

Post by Ilovelottery » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:16 pm

Yes, your instructions are correct.

My draw file only shows Thunderball lottery eventhough I have others. I think theirs something wrong with probably the way all my lotteries was set up. I know this because, I have a 2nd PC that also have your LA installed. I checked the folders on that one and it shows all the other lotteries created in the draw filter. I should be able to sort it out myself. Thanks.

Alan