Playing the percentage on lotto wheel

Talk about anything Lotto Architect related which doesn't fit in the other forums
gary777
Casual
Casual

Re: Playing the percentage on lotto wheel

Post by gary777 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:11 pm

Also, let's assume we made some analysis to the history of our lotto game and decided that we do not want to play any tickets that have sums outside the range of 80-160, having 2-4 odd numbers in each block and finally we want 2-3 numbers to appear in each block from the set 6,7,8,24,25,26,28,30 Hi just checking how you I do that correctly that iv got 2-3 numbers from a block of numbers.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:37 am

Hi gary, to your questions
I noticed there was 3 blocks of everything i mean eg like 1-3-12-16-27-30 3 times when i checked it I had [L] base coverage set at 3 and 28,6,4,6 and additional coverage set [t]4 [m]5.
It is quite normal to have the exact same blocks show up within the covering when building L>1 constructions. It would not be that normal however if all the blocks are duplicates, although not impossible. Consider that the simplest method (and not so optimal) to make an L>1 wheel is to use the relevant L=1 wheel * L times. So, if the L=1 wheel needs b blocks, a cover with L=3 will require L*b blocks. WG's target is of course to reduce that L*b size.
There is no problem here, the case is this particular block benefits the covering the most when attempting this L=3 construction, therefore WG wants to keep it. At the end, we don't care that much for what blocks are in there as long as the desired properties are met, which is a minimal construction in terms of blocks produced that delivers our requirements.
Also, let's assume we made some analysis to the history of our lotto game and decided that we do not want to play any tickets that have sums outside the range of 80-160, having 2-4 odd numbers in each block and finally we want 2-3 numbers to appear in each block from the set 6,7,8,24,25,26,28,30 Hi just checking how you I do that correctly that iv got 2-3 numbers from a block of numbers.
If you want to forbid particular tickets to appear, then you have to use the guide mode of filters to enforce your constraints. So, you setup your v,k,t,m parameters as needed, enable guide for sums/odd/number groups and set the sums to accept your 80-160 range, odd to accept 2-4 and prepare a number group in guide mode that contains your set of numbers (6,7,8,24,25,26,28,30) with a range of 2-3 to be accepted. You enter the Filtered constructions here, so I advice to check out an overall explanation of using filters in guide mode.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=654

gary777
Casual
Casual

Post by gary777 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:14 pm

Thanks for the reply. Iv been playing around with GW now for a week now brilliant. Question if I use 5if7 in a 6 plus bonus ball lotto will it give 5 number prize if 7 balls a drawn and Iv created 100% wheel say 20 6 5 7.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:29 am

Yes, this is what the 20,6,5,7 wheel states: if I have 7 numbers correct among my 20 selected, then I guarantee there will be at least one block that delivers a 5-match. Wheels do not know if the 7th drawn ball is a bonus ball however, thus your minimum win can be a 4+1 match if you match all the drawn numbers (including the bonus ball).

gary777
Casual
Casual

Post by gary777 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:14 am

Been playing around with [GW] for the last 2 weeks think I have it soughted now just wondering has anyone found interesting ways of useing it.
Thanks

draughtsman
Site Admin

Post by draughtsman » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:37 pm

Gary,

Explore Number Groups, the various filters, positions, etc plus the use of Guide Mode.

Wheel generator is a beautiful piece of software engineering - a unique mix of logic, mathematics and computer coding. An absolute credit to Anastasios.

If you are into developing your lottery play by using wheels there is nothing better.

cheers

draughtsman

gary777
Casual
Casual

Post by gary777 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:26 am

What is it about prime numbers eg I went back thru over 600 past draws and there was between 1 and 4 prime numbers about 98% of the draws.
Is there a pattern to this or just ramdom chance. If theres a pattern it could be something to work on.

draughtsman
Site Admin

Post by draughtsman » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:48 am

Gary,

At 98% occurrence for a prime number suggest neither a pattern or a random chance. It suggests a characteristic of the lottery you have studied.

To get back to Wheel Generator it suggests you set up a number group of prime numbers, place them in Guide mode with an occurrence of 1 to 4 as you found in your study and then the eventual wheel from WG will have the prime number characteristics of your lottery assuming of course your original parent number set holds some prime numbers common with your number group.

Thus take advantage of what your analysis has shown.

cheers

draughtsman

gary777
Casual
Casual

Post by gary777 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:41 pm

Havent posted for a while just been trying diff things with lotto wheels. Thought I see what you think of (17v,7k,6t,7m) 606b Based on a lotto with 6 balls plus 1 bonus ball.