L=2 or more

Talk about anything Wheel Generator related which doesn't fit in the other forums
Midastouch

L=2 or more

Post by Midastouch » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:26 pm

How do I prevent WG from generating duplicate blocks, which it seems to do, whenever I use the L=2 such that 50% of my blocks are duplicates.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: L=2 or more

Post by lottoarchitect » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:01 pm

You can't prevent that. As a matter of fact, most of the time occurrence of duplicates is necessary to minimize the amount of blocks needed for L > 1. The driving force behind the engine is to maximize the overall coverage for a given L, if duplicates is what produces this, they will be used. I used to have an option to "force" no duplicates in the design, this resulted most of the time in inability to create L>1 wheels simply because of the necessity of these to be there to obtain 100% coverage for L>1. Depending on the construction, you'll either get lots or fewer duplicates.

Midastouch

Post by Midastouch » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:25 am

I agree, however, I do not need 100% cover for L>1, so having that option again would be useful for users who don't need/want 100% cover and are willing to take their chances with open cover but L>1 without duplication in the blocks.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:20 pm

Ok, I'll consider this for re-inclusion.