L and L% cover

Talk about anything Wheel Generator related which doesn't fit in the other forums
relowe
Advanced
Advanced

L and L% cover

Post by relowe » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:30 am

Hi LA,

Question if I may.

If I set L base coverage to say 3 and then I set L% coverage to say 97% then at the 1-Block cover status line the L value shows as 2.97.

Does this mean that within the generated cover there are at least 2 times where the match/prize guarantee is met and the remaining guarantee is reduced to 97% or are all three match/prize guarantees operating as in this example at 99% each? (Making a total of 2.97)

Thanks

relowe

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: L and L% cover

Post by lottoarchitect » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:34 pm

Hi relowe,

well, the expression 2.97 is not completely accurate. Setting L = 3 and L% to 97% you ask from the engine to attempt optimization targeting 3 times the [t] value and achieve a coverage of 97%. This means in simple words that we target to achieve a 97% coverage to have 3 times the t guarantee satisfied. However, this DOES NOT mean we have achieved a 100% coverage for 2 times the t guarantee. So, this 2.97 is correct in the case we already have 100% coverage achieved for L = 2 but not correct when not at 100%. I present it that way for cimplicity. You can set the additional coverage engine to optimize for L = 2 100% to ensure that whilst attempting an L = 3 at 97% for the main coverage.

cheers
lottoarchitect

relowe
Advanced
Advanced

Re: L and L% cover

Post by relowe » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:53 pm

LA

Thanks for the explanation I have it OK now.

Your suggested strategy of
You can set the additional coverage engine to optimize for L = 2 100% to ensure that whilst attempting an L = 3 at 97% for the main coverage.
is something quite powerful :shock: which I hadn't considered and definitely worth using.

regards

relowe