Teach By Example

Talk about anything Wheel Generator related which doesn't fit in the other forums
Maryland
Regular
Regular

Teach By Example

Post by Maryland » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:15 am

Hi LA,
In my 5/39 game I consistantly can get 3-6 winning numbers out of 22 predicted. 3-6 meaning we have a bonus number. Of those 22 numbers consistantly I'll pick 10 common which have 2-3 of the winning numbers.
Payout is 5: $50,000.00
4+1: 600.00
4: 400.00
3+1: 30.00
3: 15.00

I'd like to limit my tickets right now to 36.
Could you post settings I should or could use with WG for best covering.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: Teach By Example

Post by lottoarchitect » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:53 pm

Hi Maryland,

If you plan to play 36 tickets, the c(22,5,3,6) comes closer to your needs. Requesting t >=4 requires quite many more blocks [ 22,5,4,6 requires 257 blocks minimum];since we are interested in maintaining the coverage aspect of the covering t=3 seems more logical to use. You could also opt for an c(22,5,3,5 but this requires 40 blocks minimum for 100% thus at the end you'll not have the 3if5 100% covered, although it will be very close to 100%. I would suggest t=3 as a base to begin with.
I could suggest the following. Set v=22, k=5, t=3, m=6, b=36. At the optimization, set bias to 0% or 10%, Standard and Proportional improvement criteria.
Select your 22 numbers in the "my numbers" panel and your selection of 10 numbers at the common filter, enable it and set the range to 2-3.
In this particular case, I would recomment enabling the dual coverage so to gain the most out of t=4 wins in parallel. I could recommend t=4, m=6 for the addtional coverage, however I think a lower priority e.g. 25% would be appropriate (assuming the main coverage and the common filter have 50% priority set).
Let the engine run and after a while, it may be required to adjust the bias i.e. lower it by another 10% or 20% e.g. make it -10% -20% and/or switch to Extensive search.

Alternatively, if you do not want to use the additional coverage, you can set the bias to e.g. -30% with Extensive & proportional as a quick starting guide.

cheers
lottoarchitect

Maryland
Regular
Regular

Post by Maryland » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:46 am

Hi LA,
On the my numbers tab, if your highest picked number is 33 and it's a 5/39 game should I put 33 as balls in lottery or 39? I'm thinking it to be 33.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:09 pm

Hi Maryland,

normally this box should be set to 39 so WG can correctly setup the filters' parameters (range limits of sums and the panel of common numbers). If you set this to 33, the sums max range will not be correct. It is a visual thing; no matter what value you enter there it will work correctly as long as it is equal or higher to the highest picked number.

cheers
lottoarchitect

Maryland
Regular
Regular

Post by Maryland » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:25 am

Hi LA, I found the (COW) cost of winning I had to increase my tickets at present to 63. I'm happy with that because there is a winning. As mentioned earlier I was using 36 tickets but only getting 2 of the numbers in a ticket. As winnings increase I can increase tickets. This I guess confirms the fact (the more tickets you play the better your odds). Great job on the program!

Maryland
Regular
Regular

Post by Maryland » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:26 am

Hi LA, When using the groups filter I read you saying set 0-2 if you want 2 numbers from that group or am I reading it wrong? If I want 2 numbers from a group wouldn't I set 2-2? Also by checking guide what in layman terms does that actually do to that group? I read the help a couple of times but it didn't sink in. :oops:

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:15 pm

Hi Maryland, the guide checkbox when enabled forces the engine to use only blocks that fully comply with the restriction of the filter (or the filters if more are set to guide mode). That means if you set your numbers in the group and the range e.g. to 1-2 , this means that the covering will consist of blocks having exactly 1-2 numbers from that group (not fewer, not more) in each block of the produced covering. In an essence, we force this rule to the constructed covering. If we have the "guide" unchecked, then the filter operates as in WG1.5; a "best-effort" to satisfy this filter based on the priority we have assigned to it. Having the "guide" mode enabled, generally produces a lower overall coverage compared to having the filter "unchecked", although WG still tries to maximize it as well. If we specifically instruct the engine to construct a Filtered Covering, then the guide mode is obligatory and the engine specifically optimizes for the filtered coverage. Such Filtered coverings are for example the Serotic coverings where each produced block must fully comply with the guide filters set. Also the banker numbers mechanism is considered a FIltered covering construction.
When using the groups filter I read you saying set 0-2 if you want 2 numbers from that group or am I reading it wrong
Whilst in guide mode, if we set the range to 0-2, we request from the engine to use only blocks for the covering that have 0 or 1 or 2 numbers in common with our group in question. If you want 2 numbers from the group to always appear (and only 2, not more or fewer), the range should be set to 2-2. If additionally, our selection of numbers in the group is exactly 2 numbers (in this example), we have the so-called "bankers" group.

cheers
lottoarchitect

Maryland
Regular
Regular

Post by Maryland » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:54 pm

Hi LA, could you explain the fold ranges a little more, just don't seem to get it.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:11 am

Hi Maryland,

I redirect you to the tutorial viewtopic.php?f=17&p=347#p347.

Maryland
Regular
Regular

Post by Maryland » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:19 pm

Hi LA, could you please show a simple example to making a serotic wheel if you have time.