Mother Covering Importing

Talk about anything Wheel Generator related which doesn't fit in the other forums
Deut818
Casual
Casual

Mother Covering Importing

Post by Deut818 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:26 am

Hi LA,

I'm having trouble and I'm frustrated with importing Mother coverings. Can you assist me?

I'm a new WG & GAT registered user, using Windows 10, with 8gb RAM. My initial priority is mother coverings in WG.

The import recognises the "mother" covering text file, points, blocks but stalls "Not Responding" at about 70%.

I've tried increasing the memory and I've also tried the "O" setting. My last effort was 32 points, 604,307 blocks 4/6. (or 3/6 or 5/6 or 6/6).

No filters or other settings have been set. What am I missing?

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: Mother Covering Importing

Post by lottoarchitect » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:34 am

Hi Deut818, try reducing the parameter "maximum mother blocks to activate focused search" at the preferences of WG. Set it to 0 to see if the problem persists. How many blocks is your initial mother? Let me know if this fixes the issue. If not please send me your mother covering along with the steps you do.

Deut818
Casual
Casual

Mother Covering Frustration

Post by Deut818 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:35 am

Hi LA,

I haven't responded earlier, my father was very ill then recently passed.

Tried to reduce "maximum mother blocks to activate focused search" to 1000 then 0, no change, still loads quickly to about 65% then stalls. Correctly recognises 32 Total points and 437739 blocks in this example.

I check 'blocks as "mother" covering' and also 'define' button as mother covering. How do I add an attachment in this forum for you to try?

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:24 am

You cannot attach files to the forum. Send a zip file of your mother covering to my e-mail to try it out along with the parameters and steps you perform.

Deut818
Casual
Casual

Post by Deut818 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:07 pm

Hi LA,

Please see the attached file.

I have fiddled with settings, with no success, so latest attempts have just been with:-

1. Open WG
2. Import Covering from file
3. Ideally would like to set t / m to 6/6 and apply additional filters through Engines etc (have chosen 3/6 to just to import)
4. Select Text file
5. Define blocks as “mother” covering
6. Test (correctly recognises 32 Total points, 437739 blocks etc)
7. Define (Button)
8. Do you….import the mother.. as initial…. YES
9. Gets to about 65% and stops (Not Responding message)

Hopefully, you can assist me to achieve my original goal.

Kind regards

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:08 pm

Ok, I have tested the mother covering, it turns out the issue is step 8 above. You try to initialize a covering with 437739 blocks where the requirements of such a construction would well be up to a few thousands mostly. The initialization of such a structure is really extraordinary and this is the reason the system seems stuck (and possibly is). Initialization of a covering to be the same to the imported mother mostly works on small mothers (up to a few thousands of blocks). To bypass this issue, select NO to this initialization, answer no to the following question about importing a cover (since you haven't produced any covering with this mother yet) and at the last question set a logical value of initial blocks to something like 100 or 500 and do the import. When the optimization is in progress you can add as many blocks as needed to the covering which will result in much much fewer blocks than those 437739 attempted which resulted in this issue.