Filtering bets file by "column", based on past Lotto results

Talk about anything Wheel Generator related which doesn't fit in the other forums
boredoctopus
Getting used to it
Getting used to it

Filtering bets file by "column", based on past Lotto results

Post by boredoctopus » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:26 am

Hi ,

I have not yet purchased WG, just downloaded the demo and reading the user manual. So far, I sense I am able to load large pre-selected wheeling packages available online ( from websites mentioned here at anastasios-tampakis.net), such as package (34,6,5,6). Just to recoup, this acronym means there are 34 different numbers, arranged in blocks of 6, such as, when 6 drawn results fall within the 34 selected numbers, it is guaranteed at least one bet with 5 winning numbers will be found within the pool of bets ( around 19.930 different bets cover the package).

My doubt is : Does WG support filtering the package (34,6,5,6), or any other package, based on criteria of excluding selected numbers in a per column-basis ?

For instance, a Lotto result block is composed of 6 numbers, and also the drawing results max number count is 6 ( jackpot). Assuming results from each weekly drawing are arranged and published from lower number to higher number (crescent), each number within the block is arranged as part of a "column", (i.e) when arranged at a results file.

In the example below, C1 ( Column 1) is composed of numbers 12 and 03, C2 ( Column 2) is composed of numbers 21 and 07, and etc.

C1 - C2 - C3 - C4 - C5 - C6
12 - 21 - 33 - 39 - 43 - 53 - Week 1
03 - 07 - 16 - 34 - 48 - 60 - Week 2

> I want to be able to compare each block of the package (34,6,5,6), to another group of numbers I will provide ( later past results), and execute a column-based exclusion criteria. Again, using example above, I want to exclude all blocks of the reference package (34,6,5,6) that contain numbers 12 and 03 at Column 1 (C1) and that contain numbers 21 and 07 at Column 2 (C2), and so on so forth, until column 6. Also useful would be the ability to configure block exclusion criteria based on 1 hit, 2 hits etc , to mitigate probability versus number of bets required.

> Does WG perform this operation, via some of the "Groups" option configuration ? Or else, some other program from Anastasios Tampakis produce this kind of result ?

Thanks much indeed !

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: Filtering bets file by "column", based on past Lotto res

Post by lottoarchitect » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:23 am

Assume you define 6 number groups in WG, each describes your relevant column. So number group 1 will consist of numbers 12,03 number group 2 will have 21, 07 etc. Each such number group can also define how many correct numbers you expect that group to have in common to each block of the covering. If you want a particular number group to disallow its numbers show up in any block of the covering, you set the acceptance criteria of that group to 0 only. If the number group consists of 2 numbers and want both to be present at EACH block of the covering, you set its acceptance criteria to 2 only (the amount of numbers found in that group). You can have all the settings in-between too like 1 or 2 numbers match to each block of the covering. This assumes you set each number group in guide mode utilization where the filter behaves like pass vs no-pass mode.
So, if you have 6 number groups as defined by your columns, a block in the covering will be accepted for use only if it passes all your number groups to the criteria defined. If this what you look for, WG provides that natively within the program itself using the number groups. If you require more complex filtering, like conditional number groups i.e. accept blocks only if they pass 2-3 number groups, you have to resort to what we call mother covering. In that case, you have to provide your initial blocks that describe your filters which can be created by any filtering process that allows such conditional filtering and then import this as mother to WG to do the optimization.

Keep in mind, if your filters are very limiting, you may not be able to get an 100% covering. WG will try to maximize the coverage however if you limit some blocks that are crucial to the 100% cover based on your filters, 100% cannot be achieved. WG has another mode of operation, where the filters are in non-guide mode (guide unchecked). In that mode the engine tries to maximize the coverage and at the same time try to satisfy the filters in a best-effort mechanism. However, mother covering utilization always work like guide mode.

boredoctopus
Getting used to it
Getting used to it

Post by boredoctopus » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:52 pm

Hi lottoarchitect,

Thanks for the feedback and detailed explanation !

I read carefully your answer but I am afraid the answer is "negative" to my design plan, I mean, WG does not do what I plan as an exclusion criteria. Sticking to the example, I want number group 1 consisting of numbers 12, 03 (coming from exclusion data existing in column 1 of past drawings), to exclude blocks that contain numbers 12,03 only if they happen at column 1 of the package to be filtered, in this case package (34,6,5,6). If numbers 12,03 happen in other column of the package to be filtered , the block would not be filtered out ( unless similar exclusion criteria applied to the other remaining 5 columns would eventually invalidate the block)

From your explanation, I understand once a number is included in a Group , the script will search for that number and exclude the block, if that number occurs in any "vertical column" of the object package file. ie: package (34,6,5,6)

Can you confirm that please ?

Many Thanks

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:32 pm

Perhaps you look for the positions filter? WG can filter to any set of filters you wish. If the filters provided within WG do not suffice to create what you are after, if you are capable to produce externally your desired set of allowable blocks then you can use the mother covering as if all these filters were available in WG. From your latest description I understand you require the positions filter of WG. However this filter does not allow hits criteria. Anyway, if you have a way to construct all the allowable blocks based on your filters, then by all means use the mother covering feature to construct the wheel.

boredoctopus
Getting used to it
Getting used to it

Post by boredoctopus » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:07 pm

Yes, the name looks promising, I am indeed looking for a "position filter", but your last comment sounds not quite what I am looking for :
However this filter does not allow hits criteria. Anyway, if you have a way to construct all the allowable blocks based on your filters, then by all means use the mother covering feature to construct the wheel.
I am not able to construct all allowable blocks as in exact allowed combinations, that would be another degree of complexity for me. My exclusion criteria is the other way around, I want to exclude the non-allowed blocks by filtering out the positions from late previous drawings, per column.

But I took a look at the manual and it seems that's what I need, underlined below ... I provide a set of numbers as "Individual Values" for each Position X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6 of the block, and it seems I can also have any quantity of numbers that fall within each Individual Values group, which is exactly what I was looking for, with the exception I am looking for an "exclusion" filter rather than an "inclusion" filter . The ideal situation in my case, would be the possibility to exclude blocks when elements of a group of Individual Values numbers are found across any block of the package under analysis.

Is there any way the criteria below can be inverted, for an "exclusion" filter rather than an "inclusion" filter
? Anyway, it already works for me , except I'd have to manually create an inclusion list, by analyzing my exclusion list delta to the 60 numbers which the lotto game is made of .
Enable this filter by checking the tick box and do so for each set of positions required. ‘Position’ defines the allowed range of numbers to fall in a particular position of a block. Thus, given the block X1 X2 X3 ... X6 we can specify for each Xn the range of allowed numbers, e.g. we may want for X1 the numbers between 1- 10 only and for X2 the numbers between 11 – 20 etc. This filter needs to be sensibly constructed thus if position X1 has a range 1 – 10, position X2 should be different ie it could be 7 – 15, and position X3 could be 18 – 24 etc. In Individual Values mode Position X1 might have 2,3,4,7,8,9,12,13. Position X2 might have 9,15,16,18-25 etc

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:17 am

Well, at its simplest form, let's assume position 1 filter is set to accept numbers (in individual mode) 3,4,5,8,10 for example. That means, any block that is destined to be acceptable for use in the covering must have any of those numbers appear in position 1of the block. This is the inclusion. The exclusion in this manner is the opposite of those numbers selection, thus the exclusion should work if you set that filter to accept values 1,2,6,7,9,11,12,... etc (omitting 3,4,5,8,10 and accepting all the remaining numbers). Similar for the other position filters. Not sure if this accommodates your requirements.

boredoctopus
Getting used to it
Getting used to it

Post by boredoctopus » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:49 am

Hi

Yes this is what I acknowledged in my last post as "doable", but it will be more manual work. Suppose I want to exclude 10 number in a column, working with the inclusion filter means it will be needed to find what are the 50 complimentary numbers to 60, and then enter these 50 numbers in the position filter, for each column the same rationale applied.
I was wondering if there would be a backdoor to switch the filter around to "exclusion" mode, to avoid the extra work, but if that is not available , I can still reach my objective with WG software and position filter set to "inclusion" if there is not a max quantity of numbers allowed to be included at a positiion filter.

Thanks for your Support.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:14 pm

There is no "shortcut" available to inverse the selection unfortunately. No limits exist at any filter really. All the filters allow definition of the whole spectrum of possible values and anything in-between.

boredoctopus
Getting used to it
Getting used to it

Post by boredoctopus » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:27 pm

Ok thanks for your support. Will make the purchase and try the software later this weekend.

It occurs me one last thing, now about the verification process. Is there any module or other software available to compare the output of WG filtering (output of position filtering) with the six number Lotto actual result, to locate a winning bet ?

Many thanks jndeed

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:13 pm

Lotto Architect offers this comparison function. Not the easiest "one click" method to do but I could describe the process if you want to use LA for this.