Thanks for your detail explanation!

Sincerely,

bluemoon
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Development updates

Post by bluemoon » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:03 pm

Mr. lottoarchitect:

We have not yet gotten GAT 3.0 since 12/06/2017. Why?
You told us in 05/06/2018:" I don't believe it will take much more time really but I can't say if it will be 1 or 2 months."
More than 9 months have pasted but we still can not find any progress for GAT 3.0.
Do you have met some "unforeseen changes and situations" now again?

sincerely,
bluemoon

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:53 pm

I didn't want to post this, but since the question came up, yes I have met some very unfavorable conditions. I have separated from my wife just 3 weeks after I was at the hospital and subsequently I had to find a new home to live which frankly the whole situation didn't allow time or ability to do any real progress for quite some time. As soon as there is something to announce in development, you can be sure it will be announced. The first person who wants to have this new version out is me as soon as possible but I'll not rush it out till I'm completely satisfied. This coupled with the unfortunate period of my life is the main reason no announcement has been made yet. I hope this answers the question. Thank you.

Numbers_Guru
Casual
Casual

Post by Numbers_Guru » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:22 am

Wow, not great news LA.
Hope things get back on an even keel for you soon.
I did send you an email a little while back and this probably accounts for no reply.
Are you still looking for clues and alternative ideas on how to solve the lotto mystery? Or currently absorbed in recent events?
Only asking because I have come across some very interesting results in a new approach I am taking for a 6/45 game that is giving me between 4 to 6 numbers hit from a reduced to 22 number pool.
The 6 numbers hit approx every 12 weeks at the moment but I am also achieving somewhat better with a modified approach. The modified approach is reducing the 6 number hit cycle or improving the number of numbers hitting.
Anyway you've likely got enough on your own plate to be dealing with.
Look forward to seeing some increased action on this forum, I keep popping in from other forums because your initial PDF inspired me to try some different things that no one else had done before.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Obviously not great news, the last 4 months have been rather unfavorable and the psychology is not the best obviously. Anyway I am back to full working mode. I have run zillions of test runs on automatic to tweak it as far as I can make it. Its a beast really underneath. Additionally it is not only the automatic that has to be completed; the releases contain many changes and additions, a new website to support all these, much of new back-end logic implemented too. It was quite a busy development till May but over the last 4 months all these conditions hindered work. The whole thing is a major upgrade. So the problem is not automatic per se - which is indeed my main focus even now - it is lot of things have to be completed, most have but still there are a few things remaining besides the automatic - first before anything else automatic must work with GAT Online. The extensive changes that took place will become obvious when the upgrade will be released.

bluemoon
Advanced
Advanced

Post by bluemoon » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:56 am

Mr. LT:

Could you let us know when do you release GAT Engine 3.0? To be honest, it has been long time since Dec. 06,2017 when you promised that the Development Updates of your GAT products.

Cheers,
Bluemoon

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:30 am

Its almost ready. Things will start to roll out till the end of the month. I work these days to add lotteries at the online system. There is one function yet to be finalized in GAT and tested. There are lots of details tested and as I have explained, everything has to be released at once, no possible to do gradual releases, so there are lots that could go wrong if not thoroughly tested and I prefer secure steps instead of rushing things. Anyway, the waiting time has come to an end. Later updates will be much quicker. The problem with this update is it affects everything and almost all parts have been reworked one way or another. Keep in mind, I am the first to want these out the soonest possible but I don't want to release something if I am not satisfied with it or have doubts of its operation just for the sake of releasing it.

I'll give you an example of what can go "wrong". I have implemented the Usage Points mechanism. This is really innovative to its concept however it requires regular communication to the server. There are various ways to approach this however the bottom line is it will make the server heavy. At its first implementation it worked ok but if many users were online at the same time, it could potentially reach a lock-out phase. I spend 2 weeks drastically optimizing its operation which wasn't apparent at the start. Now I consider this part highly optimized for what it does. The potential problem was revealed after an extensive testing but it was there. So, now consider the situation I actually made that release with the very initial implementation and this problem come out to active users. The case can still happen but now if the initial implementation could raise that issue in let's say 100 users now it may emerge at 2000 users. This would come all back to me and it is no good at all to be in such a situation trust me. To be honest this mechanism can be further improved and some users will benefit from that but I'll do that after the releases; it just would add some more delay and I don't want that right now.

bluemoon
Advanced
Advanced

Post by bluemoon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:21 am

It seems that the countdown to the completion of the Development Update has started now. If so, it would be a good news!

bluemoon
Advanced
Advanced

Post by bluemoon » Sat May 04, 2019 12:09 am

Mr. LT:
Where is your new Development Update?

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sat May 04, 2019 12:35 am

What is the point of asking that again? It will not make this come out sooner anyway. As I said, when it is fully ready it will be released, I am the first one to want this out as soon as possible, given I have worked on that more than one year with all the in-between issues I have faced. My bad to give any dates for that, even approximate ones given the whole thing has almost been rewritten in every aspect (WG, GAT, GATOL, underlying structures, new logic, new website, massive DB changes and various other sub tasks needed to support all that). I can feel a frustration here and since this is pointless to cause anxiety for a release and let you down if I don't do that on a date announced, I'll not do that mistake again and so no dates from now on just to avoid all that frustration. When something becomes ready, it will be announced then, not in advance.

It is not an easy update overall. It is almost finished as I said but since you don't see this made available yet, so it is not ready. When I consider everything is ok it will become available, it is as simple as that actually. I can understand the desire to get everything but if it is not fully ready it cannot be released. Thank you.