Development updates

Any latest news will be posted here...
bluemoon
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Development updates

Post by bluemoon » Sat May 04, 2019 2:15 am

In other words, your work has not yet taken a clear and reliable plan or schedule since the start of Development Update actually, and you seem to have a lack of confidence or a firm grasp of your new products too. Is that so?

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sat May 04, 2019 9:33 am

I will not apologize for your connoted irony. That is a huge update, spanned a lot of time for various reasons, including a divorce if you recall, so no, I will not apologize to you or anyone. Pretty inhuman what you say. Try to develop something in one of your worst times in your life and come back to me and I will tell you then, "why the heck you didn't manage to do what you said at the given time"? Actually the dedication that gone into that update is tremendous. The only problem is it was so huge and my estimation of that huge time needed to make that release was off. Initial plan was around Christmas, 1 year after the first line of code was put down. So a divorce and relocation, half a month in a hospital, half a month in figuring just a bug which resulted in rewriting of GAT along its new things, a complete rework on WG full code too (yeah even WG is rewritten in most parts of it to support new features too), The whole website and supporting services was written from scratch, completely from scratch actually, that is another 15-20K of code too. So, I don't have to apologize if after writing 150000 or more lines of code by myself I have not yet completed this. Given what I receive because of that, from now on no release dates or even estimations will be announced for anything. I don't deserve this comment for the effort involved really.

There was a time plan obviously but it was screwed for various reasons / issues / problems / experimental investigation / whatever. Lack of confidence? On what aspect? If I had lack of confidence I wouldn't even attempt to make such a huge rewrite of the whole thing to bring it to the next level. For the last time, this update requires EVERY BIT of it to be fully operational to be released - no gradual releases are possible which would be what I wanted to do but: all things are interconnected at some point, so I cannot release anything without the other. Honestly, do you believe I love to be working on something for more than 1 year without making anything available? Or I purposely delay its release?? Are you kidding me??? No more replies on that release matter; it will be released when everything is in place and keep in mind this release contains all the minimum modification needed to make the release; there are several more features and additions coming after that release - if it was possible to do that with fewer alterations (so to reduce the time needed) I would obviously. It is almost done but even that small part has to be completed to make this. So, thanks for the inhuman response.

bluemoon
Advanced
Advanced

Post by bluemoon » Sun May 05, 2019 2:58 am

Mr. LT:
This is a misunderstanding between us. I'm so sorry about that. Looking forward to your great program now.

bluemoon
Advanced
Advanced

Post by bluemoon » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:02 am

Hi, Mr AT:
Could you give us a brief update on the current development progress? Thanks.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:21 am

99.9% ready.

bluemoon
Advanced
Advanced

Post by bluemoon » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:53 pm

Not knowing how long it will be taken for the remaining 0.1% still?

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:50 pm

No dates. When it is ready, it will be announced. My bad I initially said date estimations of the release, this haunts me down. I'll never do that mistake again. But it is really 99.9% ready and from now on I'll only present % completion estimations for any sort of development.

draughtsman
Site Admin

Post by draughtsman » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:13 am

HI to members and users of Anastasios’s unique lottery based soft-wares.

These latest releases have seen a monumental effort put in by Anastasios to update, improve, remove a few bugs and then to combine all applications within a back end that allows much simpler management for him and a better product for us users. I might add that as Anastasios has referred to in a recent post of his this has been done under some difficult personal issues and it has thus taken much longer to achieve than he certainly envisaged when he commenced on this upgrade project. As a single author of these soft-wares in excess of 100 thousand lines of code are involved and under some testing with me the major bugs turned out to be no more than some differences in lower case and upper case usage for some table naming and their references in code. All of that put right of course but there may well be some other issues lurking that come to light under user experience. Do report them if you find them.

This upgrade was to include further enhancements to the GAT engine prediction system but it was decided to limit this release because of time to no more than the auto calculation of the Statistical Data value and various other GUI and presentation tables – note that this Stat Data calculation will provide the best value that can be obtained for your lottery as it is based on an assessment of past draws and thus what was the best value of Stat Data that could be used to allow the best predictions to be made. It will take a little time to perform this analysis but let it do its thing and I suggest leave the value it finds for many draws to come and then perhaps allow it to re assess again. Two other major enhancements are the online updating of draw histories and the other being the introduction of the charging scheme of Usage Points – primarily introduced for the lighter or irregular user where a few points are consumed when an operation or analysis is run. If you are a heavy or regular user the full license is probably the preferred option. Because the applications and the server back-end are very much integrated and new it was necessary to wait until all segments of the system were operational and proven before this release could be made.

Yes there is still more to come for both GAT and Wheel Generator - look forward to these upgrades over the coming months. In the meantime enjoy the soft-wares and the best of luck in your lottery endeavors. And I do of course congratulate Anastasios on the successful completion of this major upgrade.

Cheers

draughtsman

magnifico
Casual
Casual

Post by magnifico » Thu May 27, 2021 4:29 pm

Hi,

Is there any hope for a x64 version for WG and thus more additional RAM available?

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sun May 30, 2021 6:12 pm

More RAM is not that important given the demands are really exponential so if 1-2GB barely do anything like allow for 0.01%-1% speedup optimization making that 10x more RAM still makes no real difference. More RAM will not allow higher v,k,t,m which is something I currently work on and rely on 64 bit aspects or emulating some 64 bit structures on 32-bit is much more important to offer new expansion to the program. 64bit native support lack some important aspects used in WG so for now it is not considered but certainly at some point a complete native 64bit version will be a possibility.