Upcoming releases will take place on 26 June 2019 11:00 GMT

Any latest news will be posted here...
lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: Upcoming releases will take place on 26 June 2019 11:00 GMT

Post by lottoarchitect » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:28 pm

It shouldn't be that fast, actually it should be at most up to 2x the speed of GAT 2.3 for the same settings. What is the stat.data you use for the scan? I'd argue to send me a saved state of this scan to check it out.

Paperino
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Paperino » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:50 pm

Not, it's not that fast. Maybe 60-180 minutes or more. But way faster. As mentioned, auto stat.data tends to be a little lower than we are used to. I kinda like it.

GAT 3 is so fresh, I need some time to figure it all out.
I'm also eager to read what other users are saying once they discovered the update.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:47 pm

A bug-fix version of GAT is at the website to download. If you have already installed GAT, just download the new setup and install on top of it.

Identified two issues, one is at an update of an official history download it may download and keep only the new draws. The other is connected with the antivirus issues mentioned above, it may not be an antivirus issue after all and hopefully this update will fix the problem. Let me know if this has been fixed.

Paperino
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Paperino » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:00 pm

Great work! Did multiple test runs, no freezing issues so far.😃😎👍

Paperino
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Paperino » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:10 pm

One more thing ;)

Now GAT aborts the scan while running in the background (switches out of panorama, back to main screen of lottery).

This takes a bit longer, about 30min. Also does not remember previous computations. So if you haven't saved the run state, you are out of luck. Happened 4x in 2 hours.

Opinion: Could be a software bug or not. If I find the time, I will disable some sleep and virus shenanigans via registry and do some more investigating.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:14 pm

Now GAT aborts the scan while running in the background (switches out of panorama, back to main screen of lottery
What is your max GATs to scan setting? This happens if it reaches that point.
Also does not remember previous computations.
If it gets back to the main screen due to Max GATs to scan setting, the "final results" button should be lit. Also an improvement in this version is the user can resume the scan beyond the "maximum GATs to scan" setting. To do so, after the scan is finished, click again at the "Start analysis" button. The system will inform about the situation and advice if we want to keep scanning and also enter a new Max GATs to scan value. Is this what you face or we talk about something else?

No need to mess with antivirus, they have nothing to do with any such observations.

Paperino
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Paperino » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:40 pm

Unchanged at max. More 9s than one can count.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:49 pm

So, you say it may e.g. scan 100000 GATs and gets back to the main screen without any message, without reaching (obviously never) the set max GATs to scan? ok, this has never ever happened in the zillions of runs performed. Can you pick what is indicated during the scan as "GATs in memory" at the progress line? Perhaps have you increased the "GATs per column" to a really high number? The best advice is to save a state and send it to me to observe what you scan over there. I'll let the scan run here, no need to be well into the scan (to save space). Just save it right after you start the scan and send it for testing. I suspect if something is to come up, it will be revealed.
After your message I have again set GAT to make a scan, it is already more than 1 hour gone so far to 0,5 million GATs and everything seems normal.

Paperino
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Paperino » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:13 pm

A simple windows restart fixed it for now. This is all happening on a freshly installed OS. Only third party software is Chrome.

I want to stress this is never personal. 🐱🙂🤡🦁♥️

It's probably best to take a week and I will try to document any glitch with screenshots. See you soon!

Paperino
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Paperino » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:40 pm

Did not even take a week:

I think the last one was my mistake. You were pretty close. I was on RF with "disable panorama for speedup" engaged.

Was not used to the new feature.

The earlier update fixed the other issue, everything appears to be rock solid now!