WG 1.9 development so far targets to improve the performance of the optimization. Indeed we have an increase of a minimum 20% in overall computation speed and a much better focus when developing FD coverings, which translates as better FD coverings produced much quicker! This also applies to imported mother coverings, since these are FD coverings as well. However, there is a limitation to this new focused approach when we deal with FDs having millions of blocks to pick from and therefore FD construction reverts back to WG 1.8 approach in that case.
As an example of this performance enhancement on FDs, you probably remember the covering 16,6,5,6 = 138 FD 100% during the development of WG 1.8 at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=119. The new FD engine has managed this in 134 blocks (the covering is available at the constructions by Wheel Generator for the licensed users).
More things to come include :
- a tickets checker with database history of what a player has played, the actual winning numbers, hits produced and cost of playing/earnings.
- auto-save covering on improvement.
- Keep a log on improvements as requested.
- Filter : sum of last digit as requested.
- The ability to individually enable/disable the active status of filters which contain sub-filters. For example, the number groups have a global active status however someone might wishes to temporarily disable a particular group among all defined number groups.
- The ability to rearrange the order of the number groups filters along with the inclusion of a comment so to allow a hint on what each group is about.
- A new covering improvement mode that tries to eliminate as much as possible the lowest winning divisions of the covering! This translates as we'll fall more often to higher winning divisions = more earnings besides the improvements we can expect because of the formation of our blocks due to the filters in normal mode! I suspect this new feature will be a topnotcher and will boost WG to a new dimension. This mode can work alone (i.e. for those not wishing to use filters and prefer unrestricted constructions) or in conjunction with the filters so to boost as much as possible the winning outcome. You can understand visually this feature when you observe the hits analysis of WG. This feature tries to eliminate the lines that offer the lowest payout (which are displayed at the bottom of the hits analysis) and transpose them to higher winning divisions.