Development - Wheel Generator 1.5

Any latest news will be posted here...
mstrooba
Regular
Regular

Re: Development - Wheel Generator 1.5

Post by mstrooba » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:22 am

Ok, good.
-WG won't allow me to import a file from the covering menu .Following message appears on screen . Error importing file - invalid data.
- If I so choose to optimize a file that I have imported from Weef's website, how would I know which filters he has been using to design his coverings ?
How would I see which parameters have been used to cover a design ?
mstrooba

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: Development - Wheel Generator 1.5

Post by lottoarchitect » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:31 am

Hi mstrooba,

if WG says invalid data, then the imported file does not follow the formats it expects. Details of the accepted formats can be found in the help file. If you still face difficulties, post a sample of the covering.
As for coverings found on the internet, they are not designed on filters at all. These coverings found on WeEf's or LaJolla or elsewhere are completely static. WG builds coverings around coverage and filters - they are dynamic coverings because the actual produced blocks are fluctuated by the filters as well; this is what makes WG unique, besides its powerful optimization. Finally, it is not possible to retrieve the filters used from an imported covering, even if it has been produced within WG. You can however determine the covering parameters used via the coverage window (display -> coverage).

Also this thread will be locked. Development of WG 1.5 is completed thus any other questions, issues etc should be addressed at the relevant forum.
Soon, a new thread for WG 1.6 development will be available.

cheers
lottoarchitect