Development - G.A.T. Engine 2.3

Any latest news will be posted here...
baalhabait
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Development - G.A.T. Engine 2.3

Post by baalhabait » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:02 am

lottoarchitect wrote:you can have a reasonable amount of blocks to be within budget
OK, this has already ruined my beleif in this, and i'm not going to support the state of israel for the rest of my life for nothing.
I can afford only 7 blocks.
Is this amount would be enough to practically have at least 5 correct numbers before i'll get too old to care about winning the lottery?
How can i pick those 3 groups of 5 numbers?

КАРАТ
Getting used to it
Getting used to it

Post by КАРАТ » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:45 pm

Respected Lottoarchitect! Whether probably in “Create a new lottery game” Balls picked to increase to 20?

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:07 pm

КАРАТ wrote:Respected Lottoarchitect! Whether probably in “Create a new lottery game” Balls picked to increase to 20?
That will become possible when the system will support KENO style games. There are some distant plans to do so in the future but nothing to be done in the near future.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:17 pm

baalhabait wrote: I can afford only 7 blocks.
Is this amount would be enough to practically have at least 5 correct numbers before i'll get too old to care about winning the lottery?

Matrix design principles can be found here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28
WG can build all styles of matrix construction possible. For jackpot matrix you'll need the "save full construction" functionality.
However if playing only 7 blocks is enough, I can't tell. The case with matrix is we introduce additional constraints (in this case we introduce groups and request an exact amount of correct numbers) in order to lower the cost of play. The more constraints the harder it becomes to match them all however. So nobody can answer this question really.
How can i pick those 3 groups of 5 numbers?
Use GAT at the absolute mode and ask from the GATs the requirements of your matrix defined groups.

baalhabait
Advanced
Advanced

Post by baalhabait » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:22 pm

"save full construction" produce at least 1000 blocks.
If this not what it should be, can you let me know how to set WG to produce 7 blocks out of 2+2+2 in 3 groups of 5 numbers matrix?

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:49 pm

Who said it is possible to do that in 7 blocks? You'll try various number group sizes, req. numbers combinations and total numbers and try to find one that is small enough for your budget. If you check the link I posted above, you could see a jackpot serotic construction of 10 numbers total, 5 groups with 2 numbers each, requesting 2 correct from each group (all its numbers) in 10 blocks, you probably produced a full covering (which is not a jackpot serotic) so please read the manual at the end on how to setup a serotic construction in WG. This is within budget I suppose but the huge difficulty is to actually achieve at least 3 correct groups having all correct numbers in there. Why do you expect to make something amazing when playing with 7 blocks only????? You decide how much you want to spend, then find a suitable approach for that budget. The lower the budget, the harder it becomes to win really. In the case of matrix you have the option however to chase the jackpot as part of the design, whilst this is not the case with abbreviated wheels.

baalhabait
Advanced
Advanced

Post by baalhabait » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:44 am

Anastasios, i'm tired of reading others correspondences and i dont see the manual you're reffering to.
I am not familiar with WG and i would appreciate if you'll give me the exact link to what i'm looking for.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:44 am

The link is at my previous post. It explains some theory of what jackpot matrix is (serotic) and how to make jackpot serotic ones using Lotto Architect. WG will help you build them much quicker however; it is just much easier to do so. Explanation of how to do that in WG is available at WG's help file at its main menu. Explanation on how to do that in LA is available at the above link. For your convenience, I'll repost the link.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28

baalhabait
Advanced
Advanced

Post by baalhabait » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:32 am

I've defined 5 groups of 2 numbers in WG and set "save full construction", and it generates standard wheel.
Anyway, gat can not provide high hit precentage for 2 numbers so to have 3 groups with 2 correct numbers at the same time will probably be similar to waiting for some gat to hit 6 out of 6, dont you think?

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:01 am

If you follow the procedure as described in the help file, you'll not get a full wheel. Did you set the individual values correctly? Did you set the guide mode too?
A matrix construction is usable as long as you can define groups that have the property of having an exact amount of correct numbers in each group.
Anyway, gat can not provide high hit precentage for 2 numbers so to have 3 groups with 2 correct numbers at the same time will probably be similar to waiting for some gat to hit 6 out of 6
In this particular matrix, it is probably almost equivalent. However you still believe it is possible to match a 6 win with the bare minimum of numbers. If you can understand that this is impossible really to do, you'll find good approaches to follow even with matrix and more numbers. What approach to follow depends on what you can assume and accept as constraints. If you can define such groups with that requirement, matrix is rewarding. If you can't distinguish groups then use a normal wheel. The basic point is to figure out first your budget and then decide on a strategy to follow. But don't expect that easily a very good win when your budget is so low. There isn't any magical formula to give you a 5 or 6 win with 4-5 blocks or so. You have the ability to introduce constraints to limit your budget and based on what you are willing to accept as constraints, you can reduce your cost further. GAT can help by improving the odds to have those constraints fulfilled. WG can help to make these constraints a reality. If we don't have that boost of odds then playing random picks is equivalent to any other approach really, name it a wheel a matrix or whatever.