Development - G.A.T. Engine 2.3

Any latest news will be posted here...
baalhabait
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Development - G.A.T. Engine 2.3

Post by baalhabait » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:48 pm

Oh, i see.
I suppose it would be more nice if these tabs will be named differently than options I, options II
What about, basic parameters and specific definitions or preferences?

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:24 pm

We can name them anything really. Opinions vary although I don't think this is so important. We have time till the final release so if other users want to suggest their opinion on how to name these tabs they are welcome to do so.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:01 pm

Added the odds calculator. It can compute odds for games up to 999 total balls, up to 999 drawn balls and up to 998 selected balls. These are extraordinary values of course but I'm even amazed the algorithm can compute such figures! Also gives the ability to find combined probabilities, so for example, an ordinary lotto game 6/49, if we select 10 numbers, which are the odds to have 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 correct numbers or any combination of correct numbers (including no correct numbers). This can be answered by the odds calculator. It gives figures both as percentage and "once in X draws".

cheers
lottoarchitect

baalhabait
Advanced
Advanced

Post by baalhabait » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:48 am

Can you further describe to way to get more than two correct numbers in lotteries where the only prize is somehow 5 and 6 correct numbers, like the israeli lottery?

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:08 am

Hi baalhabait, I'm not sure I understand this question. I think everyone's target is to match 5 or 6 numbers. Your best bet is to use GATs that deliver that many hits and keep using them or try to find GATs that deliver steadily a given hits ratio (i.e. 2-3 correct numbers) and use them in a matrix construction but these approaches are obvious I suppose.

baalhabait
Advanced
Advanced

Post by baalhabait » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:57 pm

Well, indeed you didn't understand my question.
Everyone's target is to match 5 or 6 numbrers, but i suppose israel is the only country where only 6 correct numbers is subjected to a prize that can somehow cover the investment after sharing it with the money leechs by the name of the law over here.
I'm not sure i got the matrix strategy but nevertheless, the probability of this will ever produce 6 number hit out of the bare minimum is the same like continuesly playing the same gats for each new draw, isn't it?

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:46 pm

You can't expect a 6 numbers win with the bare minimum of numbers. This is really impossible and you shouldn't strive to find a method to achieve that; there isn't one. The best chances is to use more numbers and try to reduce the budget to play. Such reduction techniques are:
- Matrix is a wheel construction technique which combines groups of numbers where we expect from each such group to return an exact amount of correct numbers (e.g. 1-3). There is a thread somewhere around here which describes how these are created.
- Stick with a GAT that delivers that many amount of at least 5 hits and use the result in an appropriate wheel.

Both approaches will require more than the bare minimum of numbers. Usually a good target amount of total used numbers in in the range 10-14. Using the ability of GAT to offer quite better odds in picking a larger set, you have better chances to match a 5 win, and why not, a 6 number with in a reasonable time span. Also, these will offer even smaller wins regularly till the good one show up.
If you want to play the bare minimum of numbers, the only solution I practically know is to play quick picks or to play random numbers.

lottoarchitect

baalhabait
Advanced
Advanced

Post by baalhabait » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:42 pm

Matrix wheel with 7 combinations will give better chances to trap a 5 number hit out of the 256 available in 10 numbers?
Is this indeed better than playing the bare minimum?
How can you say that playing quick picks is better than using gat even with the bare minimum?
Quick picks does not conclude outcomes based of something in the past results and i suppose millions are playing millions blocks of quick picks over here.
In 2M gats, there is a new 6 numbers hitter, and this happen almost every draw.
2 million Quick picks of the bare minimum does not even close of producing the amount of 6 out of 6 hits within 2 millions gats, and this can be verified by checking the lottery website for how many 6 numbers hitters were occured in a given period compared with the relevant in gat.
The israeli lottery seems to be familiar with the wheeling technique, thats why every happy winner over here, wins a bad joke for anything less than 6 correct numbers+1 powerball.
Do you understand?

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:19 am

Matrix wheel with 7 combinations will give better chances to trap a 5 number hit out of the 256 available in 10 numbers?
A typical matrix construction would have e.g. 15 numbers, i.e. 3 groups of 5 numbers each and request 2 correct from each group. Depending on the requirements you set, you can have a reasonable amount of blocks to be within budget. Matrix is just another way to play with numbers. Your chances improve because you can ask from GAT to give you predictions that can deliver an exact amount of correct numbers for use in a number group (the absolute mode). Then applied in a matrix, you can give meaning to these special number groups. If you cannot find groups that give exact number hits, then matrix is no good for use.
How can you say that playing quick picks is better than using gat even with the bare minimum?
Check this out viewtopic.php?f=23&t=480#p1737. It turns out in theory, even if GAT can give you 1000x times better performance, there is no chance to trap the winning combination with the bare minimum of numbers in a person's lifetime. Thus what I said is it makes no difference what you'll use, so why bother to find such a GAT, just play quick picks or random numbers. Even if GAT delivers higher odds even in that case, you just don't benefit from GAT because the waiting time is huge to win something good based on that theoretical analysis.
Is this indeed better than playing the bare minimum?
Practically yes.
The israeli lottery seems to be familiar with the wheeling technique, thats why every happy winner over here, wins a bad joke for anything less than 6 correct numbers+1 powerball.
If your only chance of winning something is to match all correct numbers, your only possible and meaningful approach is to use a matrix construction that targets the jackpot.

baalhabait
Advanced
Advanced

Post by baalhabait » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:59 am

[/quote]you can have a reasonable amount of blocks to be within budget[/quote]

I can afford only 7 blocks.
Is this amount would be enough to practically have at least 5 correct numbers before i'll get too old to care about winning the lottery?
How can i pick those 3 groups of 5 numbers?