New versions of Wheel Generator 1.8.4 and GAT Engine 2.3a

Any latest news will be posted here...
lottoarchitect
Site Admin

New versions of Wheel Generator 1.8.4 and GAT Engine 2.3a

Post by lottoarchitect » Thu May 08, 2014 12:49 pm

Dear users, a nice breakthrough has been implemented for WG and GAT engines, which is the automated subscription system. Till now, when an order was made, the user had to wait for a license to be prepared and sent to him. Now, this process occurs automatically within a few minutes of the order. Additionally, a major improvement is we now don't have to run WG & GAT in compatibility and run as administrator modes! Finally, no more .lic files!
In a nutshell, these new versions highly improve the ease of use to subscribe/activate the programs and run trouble-free.
Please note, the automated subscription system DOES NOT cause any automatic charges. The user still have to place an order to renew a subscription, what is different now is: no more .lic files, no waiting time to receive the subscription e-mail, no more compatibility/run as administrator settings, much easier activation!

We celebrate this new automated subscription system and we offer discount till 30 June 2014. This discount apply both to new and existing users as well. The bundle subscription now has become a means to get a new user started with both programs at a reduced cost. A user who renew a license now is given 2 extra months bonus to the new expiry date (which makes it 14 months instead of 12 for a new subscription),but the bundle option for renewal is not available; each program of an initially bundled subscription should be renewed independently. UPDATE: Bundle renewals are supported now.
IMPORTANT: Renewals can now be performed only from within the account management of an active license/bundle subscription. This is the only way to get the extra time bonus for the current license. If an order is placed from the download page of each program, a new license will be issued without any extra time benefit.

For existing users
Upgrading from an older version to the new versions is simple, as long as the following are taken into account. Before uninstalling a previous version, make a copy of all the contents of the installation folder somewhere. Then uninstall the old version and install the new one. Run the program and browse to "Help->Data folder" from the program's menu. This will open the data folder where the program saves its files.
For WG, paste in there the following from your backup: Presets folder, options.ini, sc.id.
For GAT, paste in there the following from your backup: draw files folder, gat.ini, sc.id.

After doing the above, close the program and re-open it. Go to the menu "Help->Activate" and follow the wizard. The programs should be up and running without issues. Existing users are recommended to upgrade to the new version anyway. Their existing older versions will continue to work, however if they wish to renew or require an account reset/download the .lic file, these aren't available anymore for the older versions - therefore an upgrade to the latest version is required.

GAT version contains only the change to support the new automated subscription system and a fix to the lottery management issue when 2 fields are involved without dates in which case the manual input couldn't work. WG includes, besides this subscription support, faster processing, now imports huge wheels instantly and fixed an known rare issue of "float error". Also the interface got more responsive, especially on larger wheels where the addition/removal of blocks could cause the GUI to be stalled till the underneath lengthy operation is completed. Finally eliminated the Free mode and the demo now is fully operational so to be able and test the whole capabilities of WG but with limited display output.

Please note, an older version and the latest cannot be installed at the same time. Also, if you experience issues with the links at the website, refresh the pages; probably the older ones will be shown for some time till they are withdrawn from the cache system. Enjoy these new releases!

CLTB
Regular
Regular

Re: New versions of Wheel Generator 1.8.4 and GAT Engine 2.3

Post by CLTB » Sat May 10, 2014 6:31 pm

Hi LA

I recently upgraded to WG1.8.3c (one month ago). Should I upgrade to the 1.8.4 and if yes do I use the same password or will I be sent a new password?

Regards
CLTB

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sat May 10, 2014 6:45 pm

The serials are the same. You can still use your current older version. If however in the future there is a need to do an account reset/download the .lic file, these aren't available anymore in which case you have to upgrade to the latest version. Also, since .lic files do not exist anymore, in the case of a renewal or new subscription only the latest version can deal with this. You can upgrade at any time your current version to the latest, however keep a note on the instructions above so not to face any issues.
The new versions are basically the same to the older ones; they support the new subscription framework and have some minor bug fixes.

CLTB
Regular
Regular

Post by CLTB » Wed May 14, 2014 7:22 am

Hi LA

Sorry for the late reply.

I will read through/follow the instructions given and hopefully will have upgraded by this weekend.

Regards
CLTB

kweg
Regular
Regular

Post by kweg » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:20 am

Hi Anastasios

I am about to upgrade my versions of GAT2.3 and WG 1.8.3.
I have read your instructions above but I cannot see any gat.ini or options.ini files in the respective Program File folders.
For WG I have an Options file with "Configuration Settings" underneath it. In the GAT folder I have a gat file with"Configuration settings" underneath it.
I assume these two Configuration Settings files are the ".ini" files you refer to in your instructions. Could you please confirm that I am correct.
Thank you
Regards
Kerry Gannon

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:06 pm

If you don't display the file extensions, the files are "options" and "gat" with this "Configuration settings" indicated. These are the files I refer to as .ini. Actually, this "Configuration settings" is indicated when the file has the extension .ini.

kweg
Regular
Regular

Post by kweg » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:01 pm

Thanks Anastasios.

kweg
Regular
Regular

Post by kweg » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:03 am

I successfully installed the latest versions of WG and the GAT Engine. The only thing was that I was asked to reset my account which I did.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:32 pm

The automatic subscription system has been improved further. Now we can have renewals of bundled subscriptions (option available at the account management). This feature was surely missing since the introduction of the automatic subscription.
Additionally, it is now possible to combine IDs that belong to the two applications (WG & GAT) even if the user initially decided to go for just one of them and later decided to get the other one too. He is now given the option to combine these IDs under a bundle (with same expiry date) and renew it if so desired at further discounts. Finally, till now on renewal new serials were generated which would cause the program to stop function till the new serials are entered. Now the renewal process does not change the serials thus the program will continue to function without any special handling from the user. Just a better methodology to the current process, to make life easier :)
The new system and functionality will become available within the next day.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:28 am

The system is up and running with all the aforementioned features. If for whatever reason, a user has individual IDs and wants to connect them as a bundle but the option is not available, please contact us to check it out.