GAT Installation - Error Messages

G.A.T. Engine general discussion
kweg7
Casual
Casual

GAT Installation - Error Messages

Post by kweg7 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:48 am

Hi Anastasios - I purchased and downloaded the GAT engine today. Unfortunately i inadvertantly uninstalled the program (clicked on the wrong line in haste). I redownloaded the program but I cannot get it to work. I get 2 error messages. The first one relates to a server connection error 3 - possible multiple usage. I logged into my account and performed a reset. I then got a message Cannot create file "C:\Program Data\GAT Engine\client id" Access denied. Can you please tell me how to fix this. Sorry for the error. Thank you

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: GAT Installation - Error Messages

Post by lottoarchitect » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:14 pm

Hi kweg,
The main reason for this error is the "antivirus" sandbox mode during the installation process which gets the write permission to this "client.id" file away from its original creator (the program). Thus when the next time the program try to access this file, it does not have any permissions. This is really a mess caused by the sandbox operation of some anti-viruses.

1. enable "run as administrator" operation to avoid some other issues that may emerge. i work on a version that does not require this setting. To find this option, right-click on the program's icon and click properties. This option is at the compatibility tab.

2. Since the permissions are not restored to the original creator (the program) after the installation, you have to also delete this client.id file so to let the program re-create it without "watchdogs". Run the program, go to menu Help->data folder and delete client.id.

3. Rerun the program and activate it. It may again ask for a reset, do it and it should work without issues.

kweg7
Casual
Casual

Post by kweg7 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:54 pm

Hi Anastasios - Thank you for your quick response. I carried out all the steps you listed, including a system reset, and the program now appears fine. The only query I have is that each time I open the program a message comes up about a server error 3 - unable to find account. However I X out of this message and all seems ok. Thanks again.

kweg7
Casual
Casual

Post by kweg7 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:21 am

Hi Anastasios - Further to my last post, I notice at the bottom of the GAT screen is the following message " Could not verify account (internet down) - DEMO Operation -check connection and restart." I now see that it does not list the predicted numbers from a GAT table.

kweg7
Casual
Casual

Post by kweg7 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:17 am

Hi Anastasios - After a break from the computer, I re did the steps in your above post and everything now works fine.Sorry to put you to this trouble. kind regards.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:29 pm

If for whatever reason the program seems to indicate connection issues, always try to access the account management (Help->Account management from within the program). If the account management is visible, then there is an issue local to the system running the program. If the account management is not accessible, then the program cannot run as well. Unfortunately the server is not as stable as I was hoping for and from time to time such issues may emerge.