GAT newbie question...

G.A.T. Engine general discussion
tfrendo

GAT newbie question...

Post by tfrendo » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:44 pm

I have downloaded and bought your software yesterday. I have left it running and on 5/45 games for 4 hits gave me a set of 20 numbers with 31% success rate over the last 100 draws.

However when I cross checked the actual last 100 draws against the 20 numbers I only found 12 times where 4 of the drawn numbers where within the 20.

I was expecting to find 31 draws instead of 12. Am I missing something obvious here?

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: GAT newbie question...

Post by lottoarchitect » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:37 pm

What you did is called "static" hits comparison where you compare a single set of numbers against a given history. GAT Engine on the other hand produces dynamic predictions; it generates a different prediction for each of those draws tested. You can see all the internal different predictions if you export the GAT table to excel. If you do that and count the hits production, you'll see the ratio indicated in GAT and what the red graph represents.

tfrendo

Post by tfrendo » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:33 pm

Many thanks for the immediate reply. I have tried to do the export of the GAT table but I'm getting an Internal violation error.

One more question while we're at it. Which is the best set of numbers that I should wheel on. The one that gives the highest number of 5 hits?

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:21 pm

For the export to excel to work, all instances of excel must be closed, including any processes at the task manager. Unfortunately the OLE implementation (the mechanism used to instruct excel) is poor and in some users' systems even this won't work. In the next version I'll change that export to a simple text file which can be imported to excel but it will lack any formatting (the main reason I used OLE automation - to make it look nice).

To your question, every GAT table shown in the panorama is really a competitive GAT to pick and use its proposed numbers. You could easily pick any of those IDs shown and keep using it without messing with statistics generated or graphs. Some users prefer tables that produce the lowest number of 0-hits (or no 0-hits if possible), some other users also check if a particular GAT ID shows up in more than one column (i.e. if it shows up at 4-hit column and also at 3-hit column it means it is a very good 4-hitter and also a very good 3-hitter at the same time). What is more important is to see a good hit production show up every so often at the red graph. The exact amount of hits isn't that important but the repetitive performance over the whole test range is. So, if for example you see a GAT that produces a lot of good hits at the initial left part of the red graph (which would represent the hits production e.g. 50-100 draws ago) and doesn't produce something good over the half-right of the red graph (the last e.g. 50 tested draws), this is NOT a good GAT to pick because it remains "cold" for a long time, even if it showed a brilliant performance at some point. We care to find a good performance that shows up throughout the whole tested history. Exact 5-hits amount or 6-hits amount aren't that important and you shouldn't base your pick on exact amounts of hits production; your judgement should be on the overall shape of the red graph: good hits production over the whole test range which means you should have a good hit every so often. The important aspect of GAT Engine's usage is to keep using that GAT ID you picked in the future draws too (using the Run Factor to get the new prediction it proposes) which means do not change GAT IDs for every draw.

http://forums.anastasios-tampakis.net/v ... 5&start=20
All basic usage is in this link. Use the 100/X rule mentioned, use the Run Factor, pick GATs mostly at the middle columns, do all that and you should get good outcome from GAT Engine. Later you can browse the forums for some more advanced approaches some users perform. For now stick to the basic usage.

AlonsoBid

Post by AlonsoBid » Tue May 22, 2018 3:40 pm

I'm bummed out since the export to Excel doesn't work on my computer. Nothing I could think of to try worked. Is there a chance of this being looked at and improved specifically in the future?

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Tue May 22, 2018 5:02 pm

AlonsoBid wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:40 pm
I'm bummed out since the export to Excel doesn't work on my computer. Nothing I could think of to try worked. Is there a chance of this being looked at and improved specifically in the future?
Already implemented the same information as export to text file for those situations the excel does not work. This will be available at the next 3.0 version.