Type of Draws to Use ??

G.A.T. Engine general discussion
Skirrow
Advanced
Advanced

Type of Draws to Use ??

Post by Skirrow » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:12 am

Hi LA
Just a question on the type of Lotto draws to use with regard to Draw machines versus Computer selected numbers .....!!

Here in the UK they have 2 draws per week using a variety of draw machines , then for the remaining 5 days there is a "lotto Plus " draw ( with a reduced playing cost and hence reduced payouts) .The "Plus 5 Draws ,I suspect are computer drawn .
My question is should I use all draws together or do you consider machine selected numbers have a different "Randomness" as opposed to computer selected numbers ?
Regards
Skirrow

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: Type of Draws to Use ??

Post by lottoarchitect » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:39 pm

Well Skirrow, this is a bit tricky to answer. Theoretically, it doesn't matter if we assume that changing machines/perform computer draws is just another randomization factor affecting the drawn results among other zillion possible factors; in theory GAT via randomness evolution would be able to "understand" even this. The drawback is, this "understanding" might occur in quite higher GAT IDs. Perhaps it would be beneficial to separate draw results based on the method drawn. My only advice is really to test both scenarios and see if you get any better improvements (and also post your findings if you do that test). ;)

cheers
lottoarchitect