How to become a GATawan.

G.A.T. Engine general discussion
pusha
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

How to become a GATawan.

Post by pusha » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:02 pm

How to get a GAT
I’ll share my experiences. I hope some might profit from it and some might have here and there an advice for me how to improve. All information provided are my personal experiences, don’t judge my person by it ;-). Share your though if you have some, together we might be able to win a JP to buy Anastasios a "Cray"!

1. Setup GAT
• X Total real draws to be tested. 50-100 is sufficient imo.
• X Total statistical data, depends on your real draws. I’ve had good result with 10/50 or 10/100.
• Extend past draw, it is your choice if you want to continue last game.
• Minimum/Maximum req. Number, e.g. Lotto 6/49 i prefer 6/12 numbers, it depends on your budget and wheel.
• Hit category, e.g. Lotto 6/49 i prefer 3/6 hits, again depends on your budget. With higher hit expectation we need a bigger wheel to support enough coverage.
• Mode to compute depends on your playing style. For more information check help file. I leave that point as it is.
• GATs to retain, i usually enter some past GAT which had good draws to see if they’re going to cool down or keep running up.

2. Run the GAT
• Enjoy your hobby/job/spare time. I usually find good GATs over 1 million.

3. Analyzing
Now to the fun part. You need some basic knowledge of lottery itself which i’ll not point out here.

My strategy is to keep it simple. The data we get from GAT are massive, we need to filter out what is right and useful. They all build on each other which means don’t let you fool yourself by just one aspect that seems to promise a big hit. I follow these steps as a rule of thumb:

• Have a look at the Hit Produced, the logic is simple. The less % we have at 0 hits the higher the chance to have a hit.
I’m looking for high 1 and 2 hits because they support the 3+ hits obviously.

• Check the Hits chart for Look ahead X future draws. First i check the overall performance of the past, than i check what GAT predict. Here i choose the GATs which contains a high high in the short list.

• As i found the GAT i want to have a closer look i compare them by the hit delays. You need to filter out your hit of choice, at least X hit. Current delay = delay bar means i’m in the average delay. Current delay > delay bar amount (= number at the bottom of the red bar) means the hits are overdue.

The more delay bar we have the more hit we have in that GAT, the higher the bar the more does this delay occure. Don’t get fooled that the height of the red bar is showing how many hits you have.

The ideal Hit delay chart is a high bar at delay 1 decreasing and our current delay is also 1. I’ve found out that these GATs have the highest probability to hit good.

Example of a good GAT found at 1,5+ mil.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/1forumz.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/2foruma.jpg/

It was a prediction with Look 5 ahead. Statiscally speaking 100/29 = 3,45. Means we’ll probally have a 3 hit in 3-4 future draws with this GAT and its numbers.

The result for me playing this GAT for the next 5 draws:
5th Draw 3-hit
4th Draw 3-hit + 1 bonus ball
3rd Draw 0-hit
2nd Draw 4-hit + 1 bonus ball
1st Draw 2-hit

As we can see i’ve had a 5-hit from my predicted number pool, way better than GAT predicted, of course the 5th number is a bonus ball and they are not inclued into the prediction. But we still made one 4-hit although we have only 2% chance for it, but due the high hit % for 1/2/3 hit the % for a 4-hit is much higher in my experience.

4. Wheeling it
It really depends on the size of your balls or your budget but i’ll list some parameters i’ve made good experience with:

• 12-18 numbers
• 6/3/3 – 6/4/4 (k/t/m)
• 80-90% coverage (keep the wheel affordable)
• Filter – SUMs average middle, depends on the lottery you play. There are plenty tools or you can use Excel to find it out. 65-85% is a good point to start it.
• Filter – Odd/Even is usually 1/4 or 1/5, again depends on the lottery itself.
• Groups – only if you’re playing serotic matrix style. WG help file explains in more detail
• Distance – again check your lottery for trends, i’ve checked the 6/49 lottery in germany, they’re like a cat. Comes and goes if you need it the least. But sometimes you can really depends on it for a decent hit range.
• Position – sorry to say it again but check your lottery for trends. Here is an example of the german lottory 6/49.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/201/4forum.jpg/

As we can see in the first position contains 65,5% of the numbers from 1-9 in the draw history. Of course in lottery every number has the same chance to be picked up, but we can use this information due normal distribution of the numbers in position to gain benefits.

5. Thumbs up! And give the GAT time to hit. Rule of thumb: 100 / %hit = X draws need.
Don’t change a GAT if you have missed one draw from your prediction! Lotto is a steady eddy game. Changing your strategy and style is nothing like a better quick tip. We try to reduce the variance and get into the zone where the hit cycle take us for a ride! :shock:

Wish you all a nice weekend and lucky GATing.

Cheers,

pusha.

p.s.: thanks to all other users and Anastasios for your help that've brought me that experience :mrgreen: .

pusha
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: How to become a GATawan.

Post by pusha » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:55 pm

Choosed a GAT and played img links:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/2bforum.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/2foruma.jpg/

With 12 numbers wheeled it with WG 12-644:

Result:
4x 3 hit

We'll see how this GAT performs in the last 4 future draws.

Cheers,

pusha.

pusha
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by pusha » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:16 pm

Result: 4 hit on Wednesday and 5 hit on Saturday draw, GAT remains hot.

Draws:
Wednesday: 6, 8, 21, 33, 34, 35 - Bonusball:13 - Powerball:5
Saturday: 6, 7, 19, 20, 24, 41 - Bonusball:17 - Powerball:5

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/6/ ... ge1xl.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/44 ... lage2.jpg/

3 draws left to complete predicted cycle. Thanks again for the great software Anastasios.

Cheers,

pusha.

Sooz
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Sooz » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi Pusha,
May I ask how many predicted numbers did you wheel to get your results? When you described your method in your first post, you said 12-18. But there's a big difference between 12 and 18. :-)) It's probably easier to get a 4-hit from GAT's 18 predicted numbers - but, as you say, the tradeoff is that it's too expensive to get 100 % coverage for 18 numbers. Maybe I should compromise and just go for 80-90% like you do.
.....Sooz

pusha
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by pusha » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:51 pm

Hi Sooz,

the difference is in your budget. As you already mentioned 18 numbers require bigger system to achive 100% coverage. If you've small budget like me and want to play with 18 numbers than only 80-90% is possible.

I play with 12 numbers to have 100% coverage. But it all beaks down to a good prediction.

Cheers,

pusha.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:25 am

Hi pusha, may I ask what GAT ID is that? Just to have a better understanding of the waiting time you needed to reach this particular GAT. I see here you follow your principle of the delay formation. Perhaps you could also present a percentage of earnings vs cost of playing? No actual figures, just the % so far.

cheers
lottoarchitect

pusha
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by pusha » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:50 am

Hi Anastasios,

right now i'm at work but as soon as i'm at home i'll make a spread sheet. Had 4 hit on yesterdays Euromillions draw +1 powerball. The 5th number as well as the 2nd powerball was again a neighbour, on the one side very happy about the result but also a lil bit frustrated... :lol:

Cheers,

Pusha

pusha
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by pusha » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:30 pm

Hi Anastasios,

i've made a mistake in the posting before, on Wednesday i had a 5 hit and Saturday the 4 hit.

the GAT was at 1.6+ Million, i've always getting good result around 1-2 Million. The return for
Wednesday was 12.186,35% and for
Saturday 312,92%.

I keep the same wheel because i play it for the full cycle of my prediction in my case of 5, so the upcoming 3 draw i predict a minus return. The question here is just to stop after we have had such a big hit with our GAT. But when backtesting GATs with removing History draws, it is hard to say, sometimes u get consecutive hits, which is depending on the number interval and frequency, in my case it's in the average zone.

Cheers,

pusha.

p.s.: The Gat for Euromillions was at 1.8+ Million.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:49 am

Nice wins! So to get the facts clear here, you play two different lotto games. For each game you decide on a GAT based on the principles mentioned at the first post. Then you keep using each GAT's prediction (make a new run for every draw with the run factor and use thew new prediction of that GAT; correct?) for the next few draws. Can you give a summary of total draws entered and the hits produced for each GAT ID used for each lotto game?
The question here is just to stop after we have had such a big hit with our GAT
The answer to that is answered by the hits graph. If it shows it can produce a bigger sequence of consecutive hits, then we can keep using that GAT.

Can you also explain this a bit more? Which short list do you mean here?
Check the Hits chart for Look ahead X future draws. First i check the overall performance of the past, than i check what GAT predict. Here i choose the GATs which contains a high high in the short list.
lottoarchitect

pusha
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by pusha » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:55 am

Hi Anastasios,

yes i do play 2 different lotteries. I keep the Gat for my chosen draw cycle, in my case 5 future draws. I don't run a new prediction for every new draw, either with run factor. I really keep the number pool from the GAT from the first prediction. I've backtested the last few years and everytime u'll get a negative result.

My understanding is that GAT produce a pool of numbers, the look a head x draws (red lines) after the last blue dots shows me how the result might be. E.g. there is 1 red dot at 3+ hit range and the other 4 dots is below that, we just don't know when this possible 3+ hit will occur in the next 5 future draws, therefore i must play the same pool in that cycle of 5, if i get the hit at the very first draw, i could terminate that pool and run a fresh prediction with NO run factor. Until now i'm correct with that method. It really depends on the lottery, in some the numbers repeat very often in other it is useful to use run factor.

I was misleading with the short list, unfortunately i couldn't edit my post anymore, what i mean is that i choos the GAT with the most high hits in the chart panel for the x future draws (red dots after the last blue dot).

Cheers,

pusha.