panel size

G.A.T. Engine general discussion
Sooz
Proficient
Proficient

panel size

Post by Sooz » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:08 pm

This is really silly of me. I was looking at the Hits tab of the GAT Table tab. While running my cursor over the panel's boundaries, I realized that I could make that panel taller - because the cursor changed from an arrow to a line with an arrow on each end. You know - that's the cursor when resizing. So I pushed up the hits panel and have now obliterated the predicted numbers! Now I'm moving cursor (no longer the resizing cursor) to try to find the spot to resize again. So far no luck.
Is there a way to bring back the default panel sizes??
.....Sooz

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: panel size

Post by lottoarchitect » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:23 pm

This shouldn't happen. I tested it right now and it does disappear (which is ok, these panels are meant to be able to disappear) but the strange GUI glitch is no matter what I tried, I can't bring back the hits panel. I can't help in that right now except perhaps to disable the ability for the panels to disappear. Something happened to the resizing mechanism which I can't figure out right now (this is component OS handling, not any special code in the program that deals with it).

lottoarchitect

Sooz
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Sooz » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:43 pm

I was concerned that the panel would be gone forever unless I re-installed GAT. So while the engine was STILL running, I clicked on my desktop icon to start it a 2nd time. I thought you could only run it once at a time but I was just clutching at straws. Surprisingly I WAS able to open a new parameter panel, and start a 2nd GAT running! Anyhow, the good news is that on the 2nd running GAT, the disappearing panel came back, so at least we know it's not permanently disappeared.
So I closed that 2nd running GAT - it was making me nervous having 2 GATS running - and still have the first one running awhile longer in the hopes that you'll figure out how to restore that panel. If not, well then I'll just have to close it and start over again. Frustrating but not serious.

.....Sooz

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:15 am

Don't worry about that, it is just a GUI glitch. I'll try to fix it at the next release. Anyway, the ability to resize the panels is offered so to be able and see more than the 20 predicted numbers, or after maximizing the program's window, to be able and increase the height of the graphs. For now, avoid moving the splitter close to the top which causes the GUI glitch. No damage is done in GAT because it doesn't store the positions of the various GUI controls (every time you open it, it has the default positions) and even if that was the case, it would be stored in a file so you'd just have to delete it.