Std of Numbers

G.A.T. Engine general discussion
pusha
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Std of Numbers

Post by pusha » Wed May 09, 2012 6:52 pm

Hi Anastasios,

i wonder if GAT does evaluate the Std of Numbers or does it only use S-Variance? I've been discussing the issue with the neighbour numbers with my math professor, and he said Std could solve this problem, but he'll get in detail with me next month when he "has" time :lol: .

Cheers,

pusha.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: Std of Numbers

Post by lottoarchitect » Wed May 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Hi pusha, I suppose you mean the standard deviation? GAT does not use this and the S-variance is not yet in the GAT engine. I'd be interested to hear how Std could be used for the one-off case.

pusha
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by pusha » Wed May 09, 2012 10:35 pm

Hi Anastasios,

i've just received an email from my dear prof, i'll try to put it in english, due its very bad i apologize in advance for any misspelling. He mentioned that i should compare this fix number pool how it performed in the past draws. How it would generate more hit's if particular numbers would be changed to +/- 1 position and test it again how it would perform.

He also mentioned that the std (standard deviation) would differ but the numbers try to reach the perfect, even if they're imperfect due the less test (draws) we have. By backtesting and change the number value by +/- 1, we try to assume how it would have work. There's no pattern in how they would change, therefore we have to try to "normalize" their performance and movements in the correlation to each other, in other word, we try to get the best number's "group" where each of them perform equally well, in their hits, movement.

It's only raw and he'll get with me in detail in the next weeks. So i hope this answeared some of your questions.

Cheers,

pusha.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Wed May 09, 2012 11:48 pm

I understand what he tries to explain. I'm waiting for more detail.
I'm also curious as to what have you told him about the possibility of prediction of lotto draws and what was his response in this matter.

pusha
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by pusha » Thu May 10, 2012 12:25 am

Me too.

To your 2nd question, if i may quote him:

"You can't predict it, but you can narrow down the combination by it nature, the more test the more precise the result will be. If you get a "pattern" of the numbers with a reasonable std, you might be able to nail it or at least narrow down the area of numbers where one will be picked."

I've told him about some strategies the community is using, and his answer is:

"It's like trying to predict in which area the leaf is gonna land, you can say after 1000 leaves by knowing the direction of the wind and its intensity about where the leaf will and, but you'll never be able to nail the exact point, but if u know the condition of all 1000 leaves and fluid dynamics, you might be able to catch one at the right place."

To me it seems just like the first quote :lol: . Maybe i've asked the wrong questions, if he has time for me i'll show him your tools and get his opition about std or how to correct the error of +/-1 numbers and what his though are. He's quiet busy due his research for the EZB (European Central Bank) and other Institutions.

Cheers,

pusha.