Prediction / Analysis never stops

G.A.T. Engine general discussion
Credo

Prediction / Analysis never stops

Post by Credo » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:20 am

Hi, the demo version of GAT it seems doesn't have a final point of testing phase!! Selecting just 1 GAT to analyze (in the settings menu) it runs endless showing the message "Currently testing GAT 1".
When is the analysis over? If it takes forever for 1 GAT I imagine what it will take for 999999...GATs. I suppose pausimg the testing will produce only intermediary results. Anybody knows something about this? I haven't seen in the manual anything like a confirmation message that the testing of GATs is over. Cheers

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: Prediction / Analysis never stops

Post by lottoarchitect » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:15 pm

When the "testing ..." text indicates the maximum GAT you have set at the options, the scan is over. The text will not change to "completed" however but the scan is over. Why do you scan only just one GAT? This makes no sense for GAT's usage. Try scanning 1M GATs and see GAT in action.
I suppose pausimg the testing will produce only intermediary results.
No, as soon as one singe GAT is showed at the panorama is a competitive GAT to pick. The scan is open-ended (or limited by the max GATs to scan setting at the options) but you are ready to go at any time during that scan. If you see satisfactory results at any point, you can pause the scan and utilize the results of GATs found till that point.Increasing max GATs to scan does not change the predictions of the GATs found till that point, it gives the engine the possibility to scan even more GATs and possibly find ever better ones to use. 1M GATs scanned take about 1-2 hours on a normal computer.
I haven't seen in the manual anything like a confirmation message that the testing of GATs is over
Since the process is open-ended, such a message has little use. Limiting the max GATs makes sense only if you want to reach a given GAT ID which you have picked at a previous run, thus you don't want GAT Engine to scan further (i.e. save CPU power) during a night scan for example. Apart from that usage, you should really always aim for the maximum possible GATs to scan, thus it is an open-ended process thus no point for a "finished/done" message.

cheers
lottoarchitect

Credo

Post by Credo » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:39 pm

Thanks for the reply. Still I have two questions (one of them maybe somehow addressed earlier in the forum):

1) Why is needed to go through all the iterations when a particular GAT has to be re-run? Supposing that the GAT with the number 30 000 000 (which might have took originally 3 days to emerge as on a good trend) has to be rerun when one has only 1 day available till the next run?

2) The tern "Delay to produce at least X hits" refers to the prediction under run or should be added another 1? Supposing it says "Delay to produce at least 4 hits (current delay 1)" and a red bar shows 1 unit at delay 1 should one expect that for the prediction under run it would bring potentially 4 hits? Or I should be looking for GATs having a red bar on the delay no. 2? Same for "old" GATs where the subtitle says "Delay to produce at least 4 hits (current delay 4)" should I be looking for the red bar on 4th delay or the 5th one?

Thanks again

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:05 pm

Hi Credo, to your questions
1) It is the nature of the process, the randomness evolution as I call it, requires all previous GATs to be computed before we can compute GAT X. The outcome of GAT X depends on GATs X-1, X-1 down to the initial GAT 1. For that reason, we cannot directly jump to any GAT and omit the in-between ones. Indeed, if a scan took 3 days to reach a given GAT ID, it will take that much time for a run with RF+1 because all the preceding GATs must be computed too.
2) The minimum delay is 1. So this message "Delay to produce at least 4 hits (current delay 1)", the current delay 1 means that the last known history draw produced that 4+ hit. The red bar with the value 1 underneath illustrates how many times we had that particular 4+ hit in our tested history and right at the following history draw a 4+ hit was produced again. Two consecutive history draws that produce a 4+ hit have a delay of 1 (the minimum possible) and increase by 1 the red bar with delay 1. Thus if the red bar indicates 10 times delay 1, that means during the course of the tested history draws, we have 10 times two consecutive draws produce the 4+ hit. You directly compare the "current delay x" indicated to the relevant red bar with the same delay x indicated below it.

Credo

Post by Credo » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:16 pm

So, we should be looking for the GAT having the tallest red bar at the delay no. 1 when we are selecting the most competitive GAT for the next draw?

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:17 pm

There isn't a definite answer to that question. We should look for GATs that concentrate most of their delay hits in a close range. After all, a GAT should be used for a few consecutive draws till it produces the desired hit (the 100/X rule). The more info available on when the desired hit occurs the better and a high concentration over a small delay range gives more confidence for a successful GAT selection. Rarely you'll encounter a GAT that produces the highest hit production at delay 1 anyway.