Chart Analysis Help (n00b)

G.A.T. Engine general discussion
sasharp65
Casual
Casual

Chart Analysis Help (n00b)

Post by sasharp65 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:05 am

First let me say that I've only played Quick picks in the lottery.

I'm finding the terminology, G.A.T, W.G., methods and statistics quite challenging. Even after reading the help file and most of the forum I'm still confused in a lot of areas.

I want to come up with a strategy to play my State's 5 of 43 game. From picking GAT IDs to wheeling 5 to 10 blocks.

To this point I think I've figured out how to create lottery games in GAT, export the Run State, Import the Run State, update the game and start the analysis all over.

I think the first area I need help with is Chart Analysis so that I know that I'm picking good charts. From what I've read we are supposed to pick charts with equal hit distribution, but what does that really look like?

The following are charts from a 6/49 game where I was requesting 5 numbers and looking in the 2 hit column. I've chosen 4 of the top 8 GAT ID's.

Chart 1 http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l51 ... 5/GAT5.png

This chart has two hitters throughout but less of them near the last third. There actually seems to be more 0 hitters in the last third. Should I avoid this chart even though it was the top chart?

Chart 2 http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l51 ... 5/GAT6.png

This chart has two hitters throughout and a concentration of them after the draw 50. Should there be more importance when see more hits later in the chart?

Chart 3 http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l51 ... 5/GAT7.png

Not sure on this one, it seems to have a lot of 0 hitters but as far as 2 hitters go, they seem to be distributed well throughout the chart?

Chart 4 http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l51 ... 5/GAT8.png

How do you approach a chart like this when you have a hot streak of 2 and 1 hitters. I want to say it kind of did the same thing around the 54 draw mark and the went cold.

I really should have posted charts from the 5/43 game that I want to develop a strategy for, but this was currently in my GAT. The 5/43 will be next.

Thanks.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: Chart Analysis Help (n00b)

Post by lottoarchitect » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:12 pm

Hi sasharp65, this is a very broad question without definite answers. I'll just try to give some directions here.
First, experience with GAT suggests that interesting things happen when we request 10-15 numbers from GATs. This also makes our task much easier to appreciate better GATs because the really good ones will stand out. Inspecting GATs with the bare minimum of numbers will result in having GATs look very similar thus picking among them might be daunting. The simplest approach is to pick a GAT with all the desired numbers and keep using it with Run Factor. Messing with GATs at the bare minimum numbers is a more advanced approach that finds application in matrix constructions, thus it is more advanced anyway.

First, since you determine a budget of 5-10 blocks total, you have to find a way to determine how many numbers to pick so to make a meaningful and profitable wheel. Wg can help towards that and also you can consult wheel repositories for wheel requirements. As an example, a wheel within your budget of 5-10 blocks is the 11,5,3,4=9 blocks. This wheel say, pick 11 numbers and if you match at least 4 correct, you'll certainly have at least one 3-hit produced. All that in 9 blocks. You usually have more wins but this is a minimum guarantee. So, for this budget and approach we need a way to pick 11 numbers.
The simplest method is to ask from GAT to find the best overall 11 number GATs. You'll find there much more interesting and good hitting GATs to judge them than inspecting 5-number GATs and the decision will be quite much easier.
Again, the whole idea on picking GATs is to see a repetitive performance over the whole test range. This is what gives confidence that a particular GAT can keep up producing a similar behavior over the next few future unknown draws. Your question on the 5-number GATs has no real answer because they are all so similar and each one of them does indeed have the capability to be the next 2-hitter. After all, they all have quite similar behavior thus you can't judge which is the one to deliver it at the next draw. So, whichever one you pick, it should really deliver the next minimum 2-hit performance over the next 3 draws.
Another method you could try so to formulate your 11 numbers is what Sooz does
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=784

Hope this helps as a starting guide.

sasharp65
Casual
Casual

Post by sasharp65 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:45 pm

Thank you for your assistance LA.

I may be getting confused with some different methodology. I guess the reason I was using the 2 hit table was due to reading about the matrix, 3 groups of of 5 numbers.

But reading your post I should be requesting 11 numbers and choosing the best looking GAT ID in the 3 or 4 hit columns? On my Cash 5 game I currently see the best 3 hit column listed at 27% and the 4 hit 10%.

So from what I understand, if I would choose the best 4 hit column I would stay with the that ID for a Run Factor of 10. 100/x, 100/10% = RF-10.

I will read the link you sent when I get home from work.

My 5/43 game rolls over if no one hits. Starts at $125,000 and builds from there. It was $375,000 last night but someone hit it. Oh well... there will be more.

Thanks!

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:04 pm

But reading your post I should be requesting 11 numbers and choosing the best looking GAT ID in the 3 or 4 hit columns? On my Cash 5 game I currently see the best 3 hit column listed at 27% and the 4 hit 10%.
If I don't get that much desired hit performance at the 4-hit column, I'd use the 3-hit column and pick GATs that deliver the most 4 hits too. Some users also notice how many times a GAT delivers 0-hits and decide to use one with the fewest 0-hits.
So from what I understand, if I would choose the best 4 hit column I would stay with the that ID for a Run Factor of 10. 100/x, 100/10% = RF-10.
Yes.
I will read the link you sent when I get home from work.
The buildup method and approach discussed at Sooz's thread has the benefit that we don't have to actually check any GAT for hits production. Of course you can invest more time and separate the good looking from the lesser good looking ones to use with that method, but overall we are relieved from the task to inspect each GAT individually. Just another good method to try.

swaggy
Casual
Casual

Post by swaggy » Fri May 01, 2015 4:10 pm

Hi lottoarchitect, could you give me an example of a good wheel construction if my budget is 30 blocks ? Also is it a good idea to combine modes i.e say I ask a GAT for 10 numbers in build up mode , 10 in absolute mode then apply them to a matrix construction ?

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sun May 03, 2015 7:15 pm

Hi lottoarchitect, could you give me an example of a good wheel construction if my budget is 30 blocks ?
Hi swaggy, not sure what I can answer here. You have to define, besides the budget of 30 blocks, the hits expectation (how many correct numbers you expect to have) and the way you collect your numbers for play. Depending on these, a different wheel might be appropriate. Any wheel is as good as the risk you are willing to take for its requirements and rewards you accordingly.
Also is it a good idea to combine modes i.e say I ask a GAT for 10 numbers in build up mode , 10 in absolute mode then apply them to a matrix construction ?
Absolute mode is tailored to matrix usage really. If however you get that exact hit consistency needed by matrix using a buildup GAT, then of course you can use that too. This again requires more info like, how you setup your matrix wheel, what it expects from your various number groups.