GAT History Data file & charts

G.A.T. Engine general discussion
tm7

GAT History Data file & charts

Post by tm7 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:16 pm

Hi LA,

I'm fairly new to the GAT. Could you kindly help me with the following information:
a) How do I access the full history of a particular GAT; its actual data of predicted numbers? i.e. the data used to produce the corresponding hits, delay etc charts.
Every time I try to save GAT details to Excel, I get an error message "Access Violation at address 0040433C.....".
b) Does a particular GAT change its predictions, even for past draws? If that is the case, does it not limit the usefulness of tracking a particular GAT from draw to draw?
c) How does one interpret and use Delay charts? in particular what does the "occurrence' axis represent?

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: GAT History Data file & charts

Post by lottoarchitect » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:30 am

Hi tm7,
1) You get the full prediction history of all the tested draws by using export to EXCEL. The message you get means something went wrong. Make sure you have EXCEL 2003 and upwards (export probably does not work in early versions). Additionally, make sure you have no excel running, even as a process (check the task manager for this). If you still get that error after doing the above, I can't tell what is happening.
2) GAT changes its prediction from draw to draw because that's what the dynamics dictate. Whatever you see at the red graph is exactly the real performance of that GAT table whilst changing its prediction from draw to draw (what you'll see if you export to EXCEL). The exact same process keeps up in the future unknown draws too, thus whatever you observe at that graph, a similar outcome is expected at the yet-unknown draws too. Tracking GAT has to be done the proper way however, using the Run Factor. It does not limit the usefulness because this is exactly what we try to achieve; an evaluation of the process over the known part to conclude the performance of the yet unknown part. Anything else would be pointless really, such as predicting a static set of numbers (same set of numbers for all tested draws and the unknown draws too) and expecting this to deliver some good hit performance.
3) Searching the forums will provide a lot of info on the delay chart. The occurrence (vertical axis) indicates how many times we had that particular hit occur, then wait for x draws (the value below the bar), and then have that hit again. So, if you display the delay graph for 4+ hits and see a bar at the value 3 with occurrence of 10, it means over the course of the tested draws prediction, the engine has managed to predict 11 times (10+1) the 4+ hit and each such hit occurred with delay of 3. The delay needs at least two points to present a delay, thus the 10+1=11 4+ hits. If you switch to the red hit graph, you must be able to see 11 4+ hits every 3 draws apart which represent that hit delay bar.

tm7

Re: GAT History Data file & charts

Post by tm7 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:41 pm

Thanks LA for you prompt and clear response. I did manage to download a GAT detail to excel; the problem was that I had Excel open. And yes there are a number of useful posts on hits delay charts. I now understand the Hits delay charts much better; thank you very much.
As for the dynamic nature of GATs; that is precisely its strength; they are heat seeking missiles (excuse the analogy); the tricky part is how to pick up the heat. I am hoping that with the historical data I will be able to test several strategies without having to wait out the results of each draw before I can evaluate its success rate.
Once a gain; thanks a million (no pun intended!)