How to approach game with two consecutive draws?

G.A.T. Engine general discussion
kalmara
Casual
Casual

How to approach game with two consecutive draws?

Post by kalmara » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:37 pm

Hello there, lotto players, and you - neighbour! :)
I have been all over these forums from a couple of days and i'm pretty much confident that I want to purchase a licence ande give G.A.T. a try. I'm not pretty sure thou will it be succesive for me, since the game targeted has this organisation :
Drawings are two days of the week, in every draw day there are two consecutive draws, i.e. Four draws per week. Question is - how to approach game in respect of the minimized randomness in order to generate more accurate GATs? Game is pick 5, pool 35. First draw loads a set of 35 balls in the macine, execute draw, and while they are repeating the results, machine gets emptied from first draw balls and gets loaded with a second set of balls for draw2, only they are dropped inside from another side of the machine, but nevertheless it's the same container, same ball size, ball weight, same air compressor and pattern for airflow power and etc.
I've made it out a bit stretchy, but main question is: how to prepare the GAT engine with the history draws - with just first draws, or just second draws, or all of them - I have just a little over 220-230 draw days in history, before them they used a different machine and I render them useless. If i ought to choose full import, number of history draws will double (two draws per draw day).
Cheers!

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: How to approach game with two consecutive draws?

Post by lottoarchitect » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:31 am

Well, that's a sort of tricky question but not so hard to answer really. Anything that would limit the major randomization factors is a good thing to do. Initial conditions play the major part here and therefore, changing sides is a very sure way to increase the major randomization factors. I'd separate the draws to aid the process.

kalmara
Casual
Casual

Post by kalmara » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:37 pm

Therefore, if I'm understanding the whole idea correctly, first draws history will (theoretically) generate more accurate GAT's for the first draw, and the same thing applies for the second draw? In this case I'll have to make a few trial runs for the both draws seperated, and not bet in the first couple of draw days in order to conclude is the engine working the way it's supposed to. If it is - then my future bets are going to have to be for one of the draws targeted only. Reason - there are going to be two relatively accurate (I suppose), but seperate strings of numbers generated, with 10-15 numbers each, and if both are wheeled to target 4-hits the total count of combinations increases double in size.
Another question - by reading the forums I concluded that yes, I will run the engine for over 2milion GATs, everyone suggests it, but what will be the best choice of #'s count for the string in my particular game? Like I mentioned earlier in this comment - I'm thinking 10-15 numbers, think they are going to be sufficient enough? Combined with a couple of trial and errors for methods I red about for eliminating 2 to 3 guaranteed loser numbers from the strings, I think it may be a well played game, after all - total count of comb's for this game are just a little over 300k.
Thank you for your quick and definite reply, and Cheers!

kalmara

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:06 pm

Your understanding is correct. Separate the games as you have described it. To your other question, most users do play with around 10-15 numbers and the engine has shown quite a good ability to pick good numbers in that range. No point in going in larger pools than that really, considering the budget to play a larger pool as well. As always, the best advice is to experiment with various methodologies since every lottery game is sort of unique.

kalmara
Casual
Casual

Post by kalmara » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:12 pm

So, after all the reading around here and the test scans I've done, I have decided.....to switch games! :D
It seems that our 5/35 game is overdynamic and GAT is having a hard time locating a reliable pattern to use, and after all my scans with various stat settings, each and every time time the GAT's somehow seemed to look inconsistent enough (at least according to my yet non-trained eye). My observations were made with first draws imported at history only, and various test draws (100-150).
My thoughts are that either
1.it's because there are two consecutive draws twice a week
or 2.the sphere (randomization machine lol) that the pool is mixed is smaller than the other machine (which does the 6/42 and 6/49 games) and balls are flying at higher speeds in the reduced-radius containter, and therefore they are "even more random than what GAT could pick up?"

Anyhow, looking through the forums I have came to the conclusion, that GAT was first created with the harder games targeted (i.e. 6/49, bonusballs, powerballs etc.), so I've decided to swith to 6/42. The price for one line is the same as 5/35, but main difference is that at 5/35 there are 5-hits each and every draw! 5-misses are seen twice in the last 100 draws (almost entire whole year lol), while on the other hand - the 6/42 is doing a rollover jackpot for the next draw, the 6-hits there are about once in every two-three months. Prizes for 3-4-5 hits for 6/42 are smaller than 3-4 hits for 5/35, but the JP is ALOT bigger than a 5-hit in 5/35. PLUS, it's my choice of play, since it's still an "easier" game than 6/49 - 5mil200k combinations for 6/42 and nearly 14mil combinations for 6/49.
After a lot of trial and error with setting up the GAT engine first time the 5/35, the creation and import of history draws for the 6/42 was a piece of cake! :) I have scanned nearly 5mil GAT's and made my choice, following @pusha's guide : How to become a GATawan (reps for patience!)
http://s11.postimg.org/9kyeo4lfz/chosen_gat.jpg, and got these results :

I'm not going to cover in detail why I chose exactly this one, in my eyes it seemed promising. This is the string it produced with 15 requested numbers : 03 10 17 18 20 23 25 28 29 32 33 35 36 41 42
After chosing the (I hope) "correct" GAT, I've executed @Starbreaker's GAT ablation method and this is what I got :
augmentative mode :
with 41 requested of 42 - loser is 32
with 40 requested of 42 - loser is 10
with 39 requested of 42 - loser is 27
with 38 requested of 42 - loser is 30
build-up mode :
with 41 requested of 42 - loser is 41
Total loser string : 10, 27, 30, 32, 41
After deducting the loser string from the GAT string there are 12 numbers left :
03 17 18 20 23 25 28 29 33 35 36 42
I did my wheel "on-the-fly", because my brain still hurts from exploring and learning the GAT engine - I still have a lot more to figure out in the Wheel Generator! :D This is what I got :
http://postimg.org/image/5g89rci65/
Total spent for 12 lines ~4euro.
The only thing that keeps bugging me now is after the first draw passes how to proceed with the game - follow pusha's guide strictly and use the same 12 lines for the next 3-4 draws or so, or use build-up to create new ones? One more point of view - use the initial predicted string, AND make a scan with RF=1 just for withdrawing a new set of losers? I think I'll sleep over it and decide after tomorrow night's draw. I'll be posting updates, if any.

Cheers!

pusha
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by pusha » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:21 pm

Hi Kalmara and welcome to the inner circle of our "Bro-Science",

regarding your play i have 2 views:

1. My Approach is looking for GATs with a set of numbers that has high overdue to be drawn, it contains numbers that hasn't been drawn in the past. You could say your loosers from the past. The GAT contains X% of a 1-, 2- or 3-hit because of its set of numbers. If you reduce the numbers, that could alter the probability. Because statistics doesn't tell you when something will happens, instead it only gives you the amount of a situation that'll occur in your observation, therefore you'll need to give it time to happen, simply speaking. So you can say, my approach is top to bottom because it look at the set of numbers in regards to a draw as a hole.

2. Starbreakers method is bottom to top, here afaik or understand, you filter out one number after the other from all playing numbers, by choosing numbers that has a high chance of NOT been draw after it has been drawned. It is really effective to find out which number you should avoid. So if you want to combine Starbreakers method with mine, that could work really well. Still you need to consider following, if you take out a number from the set, you also might alter the probability of your desired hit. Sure it might sound illogical at first, because we're taking out numbers that will be not drawn anyways right? But therefore you need to be absolutely sure that this number will not be drawn. And this you never can be sure of, because some numbers tends to be drawn several times consecutively, sure it rarely happens, but you never can tell, when which number will have how many delayed draws until it'll be drawn again.

Conlusion
My top to bottom approach includes all numbers that have been loosers for long time and will be drawn in the next draws. Therefore you don't need to filter out any numbers. If you want to, and that's absolutely possible, you should filter out numbers that has "current delays < overall delays". What you get are only numbers at the higher end of overdue to been drawn "current delays > overall delays". But for them to hit you should also have a longer play, because you're altering the hit % of the set of numbers. Starbreaker suggest, that it'll not alter the hit %, i can agree to that for 1 next draw, but for an x-amount of future draws, i can not, until observation proofs me wrong. That include, that with Starbreakers method you would need to do a re-evaluation after each draw, unless you use RF=x. The question if you use RF or do a clean re-evaluation is up to you, many in this forums experience different results by using it and not using it. I do not use it.

A strategy would also to use 2 GATs and apply the method from 2., than take the remaining numbers from each GAT for your play. But you'll see that the GATs have common numbers, and this step is redundant to a certain degree, unless you get new numbers into your set of numbers to play with. But how many numbers to play depends on your budget and system, this step is optional and more suitable for syndicates. Because of the playing time it takes for the GATs to hit your desired "hits".

So please share your experience, and we can pool them all together and find the optimized way how to choose and evaluate a GAT.

P.s.: I just returned to playing after a long time off thanks to my working life. I'll be testing the new updates and reporting further observations.

Kind regards,
Pusha.

kalmara
Casual
Casual

Post by kalmara » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:22 pm

Well, actually I forgot to change one digit in the WG and the shown in previous post wheel has the number 32 included, instead of 25. I corrected that in time and played the real result, which was this one:
http://s21.postimg.org/7cki40wt3/convering.png
Draw : 01-15-23-24-29-42
Result : 1x3hit (out of 12 lines and 12 numbers, which is not bad imo)
I'm going to continue using this GAT for at least 6 draws total (16,67% probability of a 4-hit). I made a new scan with RF=0 (and stat.data=19, because it gives me better overall results), just to do the ablation method and the result loser string was : 06, 09, 22, 30, 36. Only 1 number is deducted from the initial GAT string, and the new wheel will be made with 14 numbers, and I'm not sure how many lines - I'm thinking if 16 are enough for a 4if4 coverage, maybe NOT. :D I'm having trouble getting in the licensed WG section with the coverings, how come? My WG IS licenced and works like a charm, although I still don't know exactly how to drive it yet. :D
Anyway, I'm going to figure it out once again on-the-fly, most probably I'll try to make it wheel multiple 3if3 coverings, I'll post my results later this evening, since tonight is the second draw of the week, and the offices close in 40 minutes lol.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:56 pm

Hi Kalmara, abou this
Kalmara wrote:... I'm having trouble getting in the licensed WG section with the coverings, how come? My WG IS licenced and works like a charm, although I still don't know exactly how to drive it yet. :D
given the inability to directly connect a forum username to a program license,the forum rules suggest to send a private message to the administrator "lottoarchitect" with the UserID and auth.code to alow access to the whole forum.

pusha
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by pusha » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:15 pm

Kalmara wrote:Only 1 number is deducted from the initial GAT string, and the new wheel will be made with 14 numbers
As mentioned above. A series of number from a GAT is given to us by the GAT Analysis of the hole series of numbers. If you remove one number out, it could alter your hit probability a little or big time, so you just can't keep it simple by playing X times due your Y Hit-% of your desired Z-hit.

Cheers,
Pusha.

pusha
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by pusha » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:16 pm

pusha wrote:
Kalmara wrote:Only 1 number is deducted from the initial GAT string, and the new wheel will be made with 14 numbers
As mentioned above. A series of number from a GAT is given to us by the GAT Analysis of the hole series of numbers. If you remove one number from the series, it could alter your hit probability a little or big time, so you just can't keep it simple by playing X times due your Y Hit-% of your desired Z-hit.

Cheers,
Pusha.