Mega Millions Covering Access Denied

G.A.T. Engine general discussion
lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: Mega Millions Covering Access Denied

Post by lottoarchitect » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:40 am

Well, technically speaking, the 2GB is a limitation for 32-bit applications, it does not refer to the OS running. 32-bit applications can access only up to 2GB of memory; WG is a 32-bit application. Now, in WG this additional memory setting adjusts the allowed size of internal data used by the engine to speedup the process - it is an upper bound. However, this does not refer to any extra memory overhead that may be used by the OS to keep track of the WG's memory usage. Most of the time this is not a problem as the internal structures will not reach that maximum setting, thus there is room for the additional overhead introduced by the OS (non-measurable by WG). Try to enter a value manually or lower the setting i.e. 1576. I suspect you get this memory error message after you have run the engine for some time, so it has filled up most of the allocated space.
You may also try the following: enable at the options "build complete speedup". This will identify in advance if the memory requirement is set to high, so you can try lowering the memory setting to a value that does not produce that error message.

NEMESIS
Regular
Regular

Post by NEMESIS » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:09 pm

Hi LA
What about my last reply .... is there a way to get thetotal number of times "each number" appears in the "Best Covering" results. I will try lowering the number of "Maximum Mother Blocks" in options "build complete speedup". Thanks,

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:46 pm

Unfortunately it is not possible to count the occurrence from within WG. This is an addition for the next update, along with dependency evaluation. Probably an excel formula can produce this but I haven't done this.
Maximum mother blocks is not related to what you face, unless if you use mother coverings! You stated a 60,6,3,3 no mothers involved here - do you use a mother covering? The memory setting adjustment I refer to is at the optimization panel.