About Australia Powerball

Requests, improvements, bug reports or any other discussion related to the G.A.T. Engine online service
lottoarchitect
Site Admin

About Australia Powerball

Post by lottoarchitect » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:51 pm

This game has completely changed from 6/40 + 1/20 to a 7/35 + 1/20 one. It is impossible to make predictions for this game based on the past 6/40 draws, so it will be suspended for about 25 new draws to collect some initial results of the new format. All existing subscriptions of this lottery will be adjusted accordingly for this waiting time.

Starbreaker
Casual
Casual

Re: About Australia Powerball

Post by Starbreaker » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:36 am

So this game went from 6/40 to 7/35? Damn, I wish American lotteries were so charitable and user-friendly like that. Here, the lottery games' parameters only keep going up and up and the odds of winning keep getting worse and worse. Like the New York Lotto, which started out in 1981 as a 6/40 game and over the years "grew" to become a 6/59 game that it is today. And also notorious for having one of the worst odds against winning in the world.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:45 am

I suppose this has to do with the overall population playing a particular game. If the jackpot is rarely get won, then the odds are pretty bad and will drive people away thus they have to reduce the odds, either by lowering the total balls or make more lower win divisions accessible by adding more drawn numbers. In USA, the odds are astronomical indeed but on the other hand population is maybe 15x more compared to Australia. Its a matter of balance I believe. Not sure about the NY game though, the reasoning behind such odds.

Starbreaker
Casual
Casual

Post by Starbreaker » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:28 pm

The New York Lottery Commission's reasoning is that the worse the odds, the less people win jackpots. And the less people win the jackpots, the higher the jackpots are gonna grow in long run. New York Lotto is already the worst-selling lottery in America, if not the whole world. But the New York Lottery Commission's idiotic reasoning goes that if after months of nobody winning the jackpot the jackpot will keep rolling over til it gets so big (at least $10-15 million), that people will then start buying up the NY Lotto tickets in droves. Of course, another reason for this is New Yorkers themselves. The quick-pick loving New York lottery players, being the f*****g idiots that they are, are all about that big jackpot. They don't care about the secondary/runner-up prizes, as everybody is aiming for that jackpot. That's why the New York Lottery Commission killed the Sweet Million four years ago, which as a 6/40 game had extremely favorable odds, but offered a fixed $1 million jackpot for getting 6/6 right (and $500 for getting 5 out of 6 winning numbers right and $40 for getting 4 out of 6 right). As a thinking lottery player who has won $500 and $40 runner-up prizes in Sweet Million multiple times, using various number selection/wheeling strategies, I loved that game. But New Yorkers wanted a game with big jackpots, regardless of how at an individual level they had next to zero chances of winning anything. And so Sweet Million was replaced by Cash 4 Life, another horrid game (5/60+1/4) with horrid odds. Adding injury to insult, the game costs $2 per ticket (versus $1 per ticket in most other games).
But such is the stupidity of the New York lottery players and the Lottery Commission who indulges them :) :roll:

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:09 pm

Surely I can understand your grief! I also hate such games, ok someone somewhere eventually will be very very happy winning that jackpot but honestly I think it is much better to spread wins to more winners with better odds. Even $1M is already quite much money for everyone to enjoy. There are even more crazy games, in Italy I think they have a 6/90 game!!!

Bill Munro

Post by Bill Munro » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:36 pm

Hi La,

Is it now time to reintroduce Australian Powerball which is well above 25 draws

KInd REgards,
Bill Munro

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:47 am

Indeed, it will get reactivated alongside the release of all the new upgrades.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:21 pm

Powerball is back on GAT online.

Bill Munro

Post by Bill Munro » Tue May 21, 2019 4:39 am

Hi Lotto Architect
Of the previous two draws of Australian Powerball, your GAT on Line has correctly predicted 6 of the 7 numbers from a pool of 18 numbers, what are the criteria to get the GAT to work considering that only 54 draws have been done. can someone help me with this ???.
Regards.
Bill Munro

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Thu May 23, 2019 9:52 am

Hi Bill, the help file explains an equation for the draws demand. If T=Total draws and S=Stat.data then the engine needs at least Draws=T + 2*S available history draws. So, given we have only 54 history draws available, you adjust T & S accordingly so the above equation does not surpass 54. eg. T=10 S=20 will work.