Wheels

Talk about anything related to lotteries... This is your place to chat!
a12ab
Regular
Regular

Re: Wheels

Post by a12ab » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:09 pm

sorry forgot to mention that if l=1 say i got 41 combination to cover parameter mention above but when l=2,3,4 still 41 combination but all found lots of duplicates, i don't mind if it take more than that but of course not duplicates, what should i do here?

cheers

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:24 pm

Hi a12ab,

even at L = 2, some duplicates probably are necessary. You can't avoid that. The engine generally will not opt for a duplicate if there is another option that improves coverage for L>1 without the need of a duplicate. But at some point, duplicates are unavoidable, even for L = 2. I can add a function to disallow duplicates ever occurring but chances are you'll not be able to make L > 1 generally as close covers (maybe L=2 can be done but beyond that probably not). Actually I had this function in WG but disabled it because most of the time that was the case. If you want it, facing the case of not being able to make 100% L> 1, I can enable it for the next WG release. WG always try to pick the best blocks, among those allowed to pick, so if it picks a duplicate, it is for a good reason - no other non-duplicate block offers the benefits of that duplicate (and so picked by the engine).

cheers
lottoarchitect

a12ab
Regular
Regular

Post by a12ab » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:04 pm

so do you think having the percentage up to 100% is important for what i try to achieve here?

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:12 pm

If it is possible (given you utilize guide mode where k<>m), then yes 100% on any covering should be the target with the minimal amount of tickets. The higher the coverage on any construction, the better. L=2, given L=1 can be constructed 100%, can possibly be made 100% without duplicates (usually with more blocks than with the use of duplicates) but beyond that, it is necessary to have duplicates (or triple times or more a few of the blocks, depending on L). Quite often, even L=2 cannot avoid duplicates, otherwise can't be made 100%. Do you want this feature (avoid duplicates) to be re-included in WG?

a12ab
Regular
Regular

Post by a12ab » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:30 pm

because before i thought if the number i talked about last time hit 0 then i cover all possible possibility because guide mode on, and where 100% mean full construction,
but now i try to construct pick 6 and 7 from 24, 12 groups, 2 numbers each groups, 6if12
also pick 6 and 7 from 18, 9 groups, 2 numbers each groups, 6if9

and hopefully i can get those two wheels l=2,3,4 with no duplicates(when i aim all possibility covered 0 not 100%)
and when aim for 100% l=1 should be allright

which one i should pay attention to, that 0 (coverage) or percentage?

bias slowly from 500 to -900 or loosen up a bit since t is far from m?

a12ab
Regular
Regular

Post by a12ab » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:49 pm

yes of course i want the avoid duplicates activated, that'll be excellent

at the moment using the full construction for those wheels mention above work excellent, now i have sets of 36,30,24,20,18 that will will guarantee me 5 every week and 6 18-19 weeks from 20, once convert using the full construction the multiple prize i will get is too good to be true 8-)

the aim is how to i construct a filtered full construction wheel above when one of the 18 or 24 has 5 winning number i should have it as well with the fewer amount of combinations(cause will be multiply by the amount of sets i have in my 18's or 24's) and 5 winning number can be found up to 2 or 3 in the 24's and up to 5 in the 18's, winning number position in the 24's or 18's just slightly different between each other

any suggestion? not interested in abbreviated wheel nor key number

a12ab
Regular
Regular

Post by a12ab » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:55 pm

at the moment only WG can filter this kind of "wheel"

very smart software(can't imagine doing this on paper :ugeek: )

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:41 pm

which one i should pay attention to, that 0 (coverage) or percentage?
Actually, both refer to the coverage achievement. 0 means 100% coverage. This 0 is the uncovered combinations and the % shows the percentage covered. So 0 means 100%.
Some people prefer the missing combinations, some others the %. So I include both.

bias slowly from 500 to -900 or loosen up a bit since t is far from m?
Thats good to use. If the 1-block cover indicator says quite big values (e.g. 10000+), you may try to increase the tension too at least for the initial steps of the optimization but it is not that crucial. Most of the time, the expansion slider is enough to tackle even the most strange constructions. Another trick you can use, in your attempt to make the best possible, is as soon as you are at 99% or so, remove some blocks and increase the bias and let the engine work on that for a while, then add those blocks back. You can usually gain a bit of coverage that way and close the cover in fewer blocks.

I'm not sure I understand the rest of your questions regarding full constructions. Whenever you export via the save full construction (either real full or filtered), you can't process it further. It is already at the state defined by any filters in guide mode. You may re-import that back as mother covering and perhaps enable some filters in normal mode for further optimization or t if m with various L, based on the mother covering, but I'm not sure I follow you.

cheers
lottoarchitect

a12ab
Regular
Regular

Post by a12ab » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:23 am

what happen to my post?

a12ab
Regular
Regular

Post by a12ab » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:29 pm

hi again :)

i try to construct pick 6 and 7 from 36, 6if12 12 groups 3 numbers each group, requesting 1 number from each group

and same for 45 numbers 15 groups 3 numbers each group, requesting 1 number from each group (6if15) pick and 7

i believe in theory the 36 numbers only need 2018 for pick 6 and 363 for pick 7, why wg says range error,

can you please do this on your end?

please, i try to to this on paper, not fun :oops: