Wheels

Talk about anything related to lotteries... This is your place to chat!
Maryland
Regular
Regular

Wheels

Post by Maryland » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:30 am

Haven't been able to acces Weef's or Peters Lotto Wheels pages. Anyone else have the same problem?

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: Wheels

Post by lottoarchitect » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:48 pm

Hi Maryland,

as far as I can tell Wilfried performs maintainance to his website. It should be up by tomorrow.

cheers
lottoarchitect

a12ab
Regular
Regular

Post by a12ab » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:37 am

hi
i try to make so called compound wheel with WG, i believe the one that you put your number pool into groups and request 1 number from each group, and the amount of numbers in each group can be different right, eg from 20 numbers 5 groups each with 3 numbers, and 1 group with 5 number requesting 1 number from each group, trying to construct pick 6 in 30 numbers 3if4 100% 5 groups, 6 numbers each requesting 1 number from each group, somehow i couldn't get WG to bring me 100% coverage even though i add so many block after reaching 90%, and i like to experiment same type but for 3if 5 , 3if 6 etc, it always stop somewhere under 100 %, ( vary some 90-97-98%) need help please

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:18 pm

Hi a12ab,

two things to keep in mind, have you reduced the bias of the engine at all? Also, are your number groups set in guide mode?
Now, since you attempt to build 3if4, the maximum overall coverage for your example is around 90% (480 combinations missing). This is normal because if you set those 5 groups in guide, you have restricted the set of possible combinations to be used for the construction and among those not allowed by the filters, are needed to make the overall 3if4 to 100%. Always keep in mind, when building with guide filters (such as matrix) we must be able to enable the "filtered over overall coverage". This is possible when m=k because in that case we aim to evaluate the filtered performance of the covering (otherwise no point to have the filters in guide mode). Therefore, if m=k and want filters in guide to construct filtered coverings, then go for it. If you target k<>m, then the overall coverage generally will not be at 100% because simply you don't allow needed blocks due to guide mode to make the 100% (have been rejected by your filters). If you insist in using these specific filters (which are a design for matrix) with a 3if4, then your only option is to uncheck the guide mode of the filters (set improvement criteria to absolute to boost coverage optimization and increase its ratio) so to let the engine concentrate mainly on the coverage and do its best on fitting in the filters. In your example, a quick run made the covering 100% in 43 blocks and then filters were around 90-93% for the 5 groups and 85% for the last group. Those combinations that did not pass the filters are those that are essential to make the covering 100% and in the case of guide, you disallowed them thus not possible to get 100% with guide with filters set like that. Hope you understand what's going on here.

cheers
lottoarchitect

a12ab
Regular
Regular

Post by a12ab » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:29 pm

hi lottoarchitect
yes i had the groups in guide mode requesting 1 number from each groups, and the "filtered over overall coverage" untick

so if i try to build a pick 6 2if3, 3if4, 3if5 don't put the groups filter in guide mode? is this what you trying to say?
but if pick 6 3if6, 4if6, 5if6 i can put the groups in guide mode? am right here? to get 100% coverage

i try both with bias + on both side( expansion and tension)and 0
need to know the difference when i play with this bias option, with + my construction will be this way if - will be this way, 0 will be like something else?

what bias setting you recommend for each of this setting? 2if3 3if4, 3if5, 4if5, 3if6, 4if6, 5if6? to get 100% coverage

please explain in step by step manner so i can understand it better

cheers

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:22 am

so if i try to build a pick 6 2if3, 3if4, 3if5 don't put the groups filter in guide mode? is this what you trying to say?
but if pick 6 3if6, 4if6, 5if6 i can put the groups in guide mode? am right here? to get 100% coverage
Whenever you set a filter in guide mode, there is a chance it will disallow blocks that are necessary to make a cover to overall coverage 100%. Also, when you want to construct a t if m where m <> k, you cannot use the "filtered over overall" mode of WG. Guide in general must be used (although not forced by WG) with the condition m=k (so to be able and evaluate a covering in terms of filtered coverage achieved. The filtered coverage can reach 100% no matter how many filters you have in guide mode. Also, when you set filters in guide mode, you assume that the next draw to come will satisfy these filters completely; if not, then you shouldn't use guide. For a matrix construction, the t if m guarantee assumes m=k. So, since m<>k can't be evaluated as filtered, then yes you shouldn't have these filters in guide. If m=k however, these filters can be in guide and evaluate the filtered coverage (this is what you should look after anyway in guide mode). The overall coverage however will not reach at 100% because simply the guide filters disallow blocks that are essential for that 100%. If you are in a position, no matter how many blocks you add and the overall do not increase, then this is the best you can have in terms of overall coverage. The remaining missing combinations indicated require blocks that have been disqualified by the filters in guide mode. You can't do anything about that, except perhaps don't use guide mode. You use the guide mode depending on what you try to achieve. In guide mode, you are interested basically for the filtered coverage achievement and let the engine do its best for the overall (will boost it as far as it can get).

For the bias, the tutorial explains the process. In short after a while reduce the bias in small steps whilst adding more blocks. Can't give exact figures because each covering is sort of unique. Just follow the engine tutorial on how to adjust the bias. Start with 0 to both sliders and at the end of the optimization you should be around -900 for the left slider. When t differs a lot to m, start with a higher bias value (e.g. 500).

cheers
lottoarchitect

a12ab
Regular
Regular

Post by a12ab » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:49 am

hi lottoarchitect

when i try to construct this wheel mention before (pick 6 from 18 4if4 6 groups 3 numbers each group requesting 1 number, guide mode active)

i realize that i can't have 100% coverage because of guide mode on right, but when do i know that wg cover all possible combination in guide mode, first i thought what i should see is in progress screen:

improvements: 15 (3 / 15999)
main coverage: 3630 (3566 - 0) / 8568 [58.304857%]

is it when underline nominal become 0? or something else?

a12ab
Regular
Regular

Post by a12ab » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:59 am

well i don't really care about percentage because this is not a wheel,

more of connecting each individual numbers in each group with others number in different groups,

but what i want when i try to construct 4if4 if i have 4 winning numbers each number from comes from each group(requesting 1 number)

i will have a 4 as well somewhere guarantee, that's why i need to have the guide mode active

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:27 am

Coverage of the combinations allowed by guide filters is possible to evaluate only if k=m. In that case, below main coverage a filtered coverage achievement is shown. In your 4if4 construction, you can only evaluate the overall coverage, even if you work on a restricted set of allowed blocks due to guide. If your overall doesn't improve with the addition of more blocks, then you can assume the same happens with the restricted set of blocks allowed by guide. The engine has used in the best possible way it could find the allowed blocks, so more blocks cannot offer something more to this coverage-wise. Still we can't evaluate that coverage if m<>k as filtered. I'll have a look in this possibility, if it is actually possible to evaluate filtered when k<>m but when I first made that, it wasn't possible to deal with that besides k=m.
main coverage: 3630 (3566 - 0) / 8568 [58.304857%]
This 0 shows the theoretical possible uncovered can become, assuming the covering can be made as pack design. 0 means for the given number b of blocks, it could constructed as 100% (meaning 0 uncovered combinations). This is explained in the help file too.

cheers
lottoarchitect

a12ab
Regular
Regular

Post by a12ab » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:05 pm

hi lottoarchitect

is there anyway when i want to have l=2,3, or 4 but not as duplicates? trying to construct pick 7 from 18 6if9 group number enable= 9groups 2 numbers each group, requesting 1 number from each groups

cheers