Wheeling

Talk about anything related to lotteries... This is your place to chat!
CLTB
Regular
Regular

Re: Wheeling

Post by CLTB » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:31 pm

Hi Sooz

the positions I used are as follows:
1 - (1-15)
2 - (5-20)
3 - (10-25)
4 - (15-30)
5 - (20-35)
6 - (25-49)

I will need to check the build techniques suggested by LA to see how I can improve on the above.

With reference to your pause suggestion - do I do this once only or do I do it a few times?

Regards - Frank

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Hi CLTB, pause/resume is not part of the normal building process or described as a feature of WG. Sometimes, if you pause/resume an improvement can occur right away because the system restarts scanning from a different position and if an improvement is close to that area it is trapped. Generally you'll not benefit something of importance by doing that. Even if you let the engine work normally without pause/resume, an improvement will be found as well. A more advanced feature will come at the next release, named "Jitter" which can do much better work than pause/resume.

CLTB
Regular
Regular

Post by CLTB » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:47 pm

Thanks for the advice LA

Look forward to the next WG upgrade as it appears you have quite a few improvements in the pipeline.

Regards - Frank

Sooz
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Sooz » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:25 pm

Oops, Sorry. I didn't mean to mislead with that pause/resume tip. Thanks Anastasios for correcting so quickly. :oops:
.....Sooz

CLTB
Regular
Regular

Post by CLTB » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:09 am

Hi LA and all others

It’s been quite a while since my first posting however after what I thought was a very positive start, I hit the wall and just couldn’t get anything right. Work also took over and everything else took a back seat.

I am not sure if I am supposed to start a new post but as my questions below still pertain to wheeling I thought I would continue on this thread.

Some of the questions below are more a confirmation that what I have read on the help file I have understood.

1) “Guide” in filters: If I enable Guide in the filters, I will get exactly the filters I have requested. The reason I ask this is - in a previous game I did not enable “Guide” and on the Sums filter I got sums in excess of what I asked. I also requested Odd/Even and got some that were outside the range I asked.
2) Groupings: Earlier in this thread both you and Skirrow made suggestions on groupings. Unless I misunderstood, the groupings you suggested are not quite what I want. As an example what I am looking for are groups as follows: 4-8, 13-19, 22-28, 35-42. The numbers (before/after and in between) will/must be rejected. Certain number within the groups I will leave out when selecting My Numbers.
3) Distance: I have read the file on distance (difference between each number selected and the next number) and again not quite what I want. Is there a possibility to select just one ‘range” between the 1st number and the last number only. The range should be a ‘possible’ range e.g. between 30-35 – something similar to the Sums filter.
4) Positions: As previously suggested by you it is best to add increments of blocks (10-20% of total blocks) however I find the 1st added blocks achieve a 100% or close to 100% quite quickly and the other positions have quite low percentages. Do I add new (additional) blocks when the previous added blocks have reached close to 100% and ignore the positions thereafter or do I have to wait for ALL the positions to be close to 100% before adding the next increment?
5) Somewhere in WG I saw a reference to Fibonacci. Is this an additional filter or is it a completely separate method of wheeling.

Thank you in advance

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:28 am

Hi CLTB,

for questions 1-4, enable the guide mode in all those filters. When you have unchecked the guide, the engine attempts to find a balance among the coverage and the selected filters. If forcing e.g. a specific sum range hinders too much the coverage, the engine can decide to bypass that sum requirement in some blocks to increase the coverage too. In general when you have a filter in no-guide mode, you should expect some tickets to be outside the requested range; this benefits the overall coverage. On the other hand, if the filters are in guide mode, then the coverage can increase only within the exact constraints set by the filters and it is generally of lower % compared to a construction without guide active. So, if you want all the tickets to fully conform to the filters, enable them as guide. If you want the engine to have the freedom to decide what is the best achievable balance between coverage and selected filters, let the engine work with guide unchecked.
Also for this question "distance 1st number and the last number only", use the distance filter. You have to define the numbers you want the distance to work on. That filter has 4 boxes, the first two on top refer to the number positions, the latter two boxes to define the distances you permit. If you want to setup individual distances, enable the values mode (right-click at the distance boxes).
4) The incremental approach works good in any covering and settings. Keep in mind, getting 100% or not on a requested filter solely depends on what other filters are active at the same time or the strictness of the filter itself. If a given filter does not seem to go up in parallel to other filters, this filter is either too strictly defined or the other filters hinder it.
5)Not a filter but a shortcut to define the fibonacci numbers in a number group.

lottoarchitect

CLTB
Regular
Regular

Post by CLTB » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:46 pm

Hi LA

Thanks for the replies to my questions.

I will enable guide mode for sums and also odd/even as I would prefer only those possibilities. I would think by this apparoach it should also reduce the number of blocks required without penalty?

For the question on groupings - are you saying it is possible to specifically select groups of numbers as outlined below and WG will ignore all other numbers outside of those groups and also ignore some numbers that I will not include within the groups (when selecting My Numbers) as long as I enable number groups.

For the question on distance I was hoping there is a way WG could accept a "possible" distance range between the 1st winning number and the last winning number. As the winning numbers are unknown it is difficult to state which numbers and also the distance. In sums we are given the option to indicate where the total sum of the winning numbers will fall within a range. So if I select between 100 and 200 and my winning numbers fall within that range, WG would ignore any combinations outside of that range. I was hoping I could do the same for the "possible" range distance between the 1st winning number and the last winning number.

Do the fibonacci numbers have any bearing on an outcome or is this just for information purposes?

Thanks LA

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:14 pm

I will enable guide mode for sums and also odd/even as I would prefer only those possibilities. I would think by this apparoach it should also reduce the number of blocks required without penalty?
If you construct a v,k,t,k (m=k) covering, also enable the "filtered over overall coverage. This will allow the minimum possible blocks that fully guarantee t hits IF the next draw to come is any of the blocks allowed by the filters in guide mode. Actually, by setting filters in guide mode, you essentially assume that the next draw to come will pass all these filters, therefore if v,k,t,k matches your needs, you get the most out of WG (minimal blocks, ensured guarantee) without any penalties. If v,k,t,k does not suit your needs, you can evaluate only the overall coverage and the guide filters simply dictate what blocks can be used.
For the question on groupings - are you saying it is possible to specifically select groups of numbers as outlined below and WG will ignore all other numbers outside of those groups and also ignore some numbers that I will not include within the groups (when selecting My Numbers) as long as I enable number groups.
Number groups only know how to treat a given block and say "this block qualifies or not based on my settings". In any number group you can have as many numbers selected as you want, regardless if they are in the "my numbers" list. This allow extreme flexibility on what you can achieve with the number groups. Therefore, if you set a number group 1-10 and you want up to 3 numbers from this group only (setting 0-3), if your "my numbers" does not contain more than 3 numbers in the range 1-10 then this filter will be always satisfied. If your "my numbers" panel has the numbers e.g. 1 2 3 4 8 ... (any other numbers > 10), then the above number group will allow only blocks that contain up to any 3 rearrangements of the numbers 1 2 3 4 8. As you can see, this number group does not care what are the other numbers in the allowed block, it depends on what are your "my numbers" but the requirement only up 3 numbers in the range 1-10 will be fulfilled (the filter must be in guide mode).
For the question on distance I was hoping there is a way WG could accept a "possible" distance range between the 1st winning number and the last winning number
That's what the distance filter will do if you setup it the way I said at the previous post. So, its not "hoping for", it is what it does. You declare that you want to define a distance (a range or individual distances) for 1st and last number, so if you play a k=6 covering, you setup positions 1 & 6 and at the distance boxes below what is the allowed distance for numbers at position 1 & 6. This obviously takes into account the numbers you setup in the "my numbers" panel. Again, set the filter in guide mode.

Fibonacci numbers added because a user asked for that. It is just an automated process to select these numbers in a number group. What to do with these numbers its up to the user.

lottoarchitect

CLTB
Regular
Regular

Post by CLTB » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:05 pm

Thanks LA

I am happy with the replies to the 1st and 3rd question but still a little confused with the reply on groupings.
I will however go over it again and also do a dummy run to see if I have understood.

Thanks again

CLTB
Regular
Regular

Post by CLTB » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:19 pm

Hi LA

IF AT ALL POSSIBLE!!!

When upgrading WG, is it at all possible to include a "secondary set of filters" identical to the ones that already exist? I know this sounds rediculous but the idea here is that - when running with the current WG, it takes a long time (sometimes overnight) just to have one run. Once that run is over only then can you now attempt a 2nd run with slight adjustments. Time of course is the big issue here.

If there are TWO SETS of filters that could run in tandem (but not interfere with one another) this would save a lot of time and also give the ability to do comparisons with the end results of both runs. This in turn would help in making better decisions/selections for future runs.

If this is not possible I would understand as I am sure a huge amount of time and effort has already been put into WG. I am merley putting this out there as a thought for the future.

Regards