Remove these tickets

Talk about anything related to lotteries... This is your place to chat!
Ilovelottery
Regular
Regular

Remove these tickets

Post by Ilovelottery » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:24 pm

Hiya friends,

I like to know whether is it possible to do this?

Refer to Lotto 49/6 and say 14 million possible tickets.

If I generated say 1 batch of 4m tickets and 1 batch of 5m tickets BUT I actually don't want these but I want the other 5m tickets, can it be done?

Probably so simple but I just can't get my head around it!

Thanks

Alan

draughtsman
Site Admin

Re: Remove these tickets

Post by draughtsman » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:04 am

Alan,

Yes this is possible but of course it depends on which 4 or 5 million lines you are going to delete to ensure you keep the winning ticket in your remainder. The task is to set up a series of rejection filters ie the filters that only let through the tickets you want and to reject all the others..... That is the task; the trick is to select the correct filters. eg you might decide that you will have a limited SUMS range say 130 to 200 - reject all other SUM values. You might decide to not have any tickets that are all even or all odd reject all these. You might decide to reject any tickets that have three consecutive numbers or more - reject all these. You might decide you don't want any tickets with numbers 1 or 10 or 18 or 23 or 42. Reject all these. You might decide you want to keep tickets that have at least one number from the previous draw. Reject all those tickets that don't have such numbers. And so on.

Anastasios's companion software to Wheel Generator and GAT - Lotto Architect can do all this. Create the big wheel (of all the tickets) within the program and start filtering. And within this software there are some extremely sophisticated other rejection filters including a back testing feature. Definitely worth a try.

cheers

draughtsman

Ilovelottery
Regular
Regular

Post by Ilovelottery » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:23 am

Hi Draughtsman,

Thanks for the reply.

I know most of the amazing features in LA, I use the filters all the time.

What I am trying to do would actually be straight forward if I LA had a feature that allows me to save the rejected tickets on file. You have that feature in in the View Saved tickets but not in the View Rejected Ticket.

I obviously did not explain things well so let me try again.

Here's a simple example of what I have done:

I ask for min 3-5 from 10N so left with about 1.5m tickets after rejection.
I then ask for min 3-5 from another different 15N which gave me, say 3.5m tickets after rejection.
I then ask for min 3-5 from 17N (could have same numbers as above) which gave me say 4m tickets.

Now I want all those tickets that I have rejected as well.

Can it be done?

Thanks you

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:54 am

Hi Ilovelottery,
unfortunately there isn't a direct way to get what you look for. The simplest would be to export the result when viewing the rejected tickets from each run, but this feature is not available in LA. However, you can do that in limited situations, provided you use a single rejection filter over the whole available tickets.
So, to get the rejected set of "I ask for min 3-5 from 10N so left with about 1.5m tickets after rejection.", you enable the filter as its negative which is "I ask for 0-2, 5 from 10N" so you'll be left with all the other tickets not picked.
This works ok if you use one filter only. There may be conflicts (not the desired outcome) if two or more filters are used negatively at the same time. This only works however if your initial tickets set is the whole tickets available.
Similarly, for "I then ask for min 3-5 from another different 15N which gave me, say 3.5m tickets after rejection.", the negative filter will be "I then ask for min 0-2, 5 from another different 15N which gave me, say 3.5m tickets after rejection.".
Similarly for "I then ask for min 3-5 from 17N (could have same numbers as above) which gave me say 4m tickets." the negative will be "I then ask for min 0-2, 5 from 17N (could have same numbers as above) which gave me say 4m tickets.".
lottoarchitect

Ilovelottery
Regular
Regular

Post by Ilovelottery » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:29 am

Hi again

I think that does the job.

I am embarrassed that I didn't think of that, it was so simple LOL.

In fact, I think it can do all that I ask for. I remember some time ago you told me when I import tickets, it will automatically append and remove any duplicate tickets anyway.

I will try it out later, thanks again.

Alan

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:36 pm

Just a correction, the negative of a filter is only at the requested parameters (we switch the settings), not the selected numbers. So for example on a pick 6 game, if we have the settings 1,3,5 selected (0,2,4,6 not selected), the negative is 0,2,4,6 selected (1,3,5 not selected).
Similarly if you use rejection filters like sums and you request the range 100-200, the negative will be selecting all the other values aoutside that range and deselecting the values of that range.
The import tickets automatically appends and eliminates duplicate tickets.