playing online in Ontario

Talk about anything related to lotteries... This is your place to chat!
Sooz
Proficient
Proficient

playing online in Ontario

Post by Sooz » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:39 pm

Just some news that might be of interest to those of us in Ontario. I submitted a question to OLG about this matter. LOL it was so long ago, I had completely forgotten that I sent it. Today I received their reply. Here's a cut-paste:

"Thank you for contacting OLG. I apologize for the delay in response.
The website you provided in your e-mail is for the British Columbia Lottery Corporation (BCLC) lottery jurisdiction.
OLG lottery products are not currently available for purchase online. However, OLG is currently working to develop our Internet Gaming program and will make a formal announcement regarding launch timelines for PlayOLG.ca later in 2014. I encourage you to check this site often for information and updates.
I hope this information is helpful, and we look forward to seeing you online! "

Sooz

draughtsman
Site Admin

Re: playing online in Ontario

Post by draughtsman » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:37 am

I wonder what has held them back Sooz? Will internet gaming also include buying lottery tickets on line do you think?

Sometimes we think we are behind the times down here in Aust. but we have had lotteries on line for years. Can't remember the last time I bought a ticket at a kiosk.

cheers

draughtsman

Sooz
Proficient
Proficient

Re: playing online in Ontario

Post by Sooz » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:11 am

HI Draughtsman
Gosh I ASSUMED they meant lottery tickets online. I sure HOPE that's what they meant!
People are still having difficulty keeping up with new inventions with electronics. Woman in front of me this morning was comfortable inserting her credit card into the little machine but she didn't want to swipe it - she said it was too dangerous and easily stolen if you just swiped. What she said didn't make much sense to me. The clerk (presumably out of politeness) agreed with her. I just laughed and said my card is just about maxed out anyway so I'm not afraid of credit card thieves. :-) Gosh, so much socializing is done at the lottery queues - maybe that's why it's taking them so long - maybe there's no big demand for it going online.
Sooz