Can't upgrade

Talk about anything related to lotteries... This is your place to chat!
Sooz
Proficient
Proficient

Can't upgrade

Post by Sooz » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:55 am

Hi Anastasios
I sent you a frantic email a few minutes ago, but now there's no rush anymore because it's too late.
I now have a brand new SSD hard drive. The very good news is that I managed to save my all my data. Only today is everything ok again as far as my computer.
But my subscription expires tomorrow, June 15th, in 15 minutes. I was able to get to the upgrading page but when I clicked to upgrade, this message came up: Requesting WG-1_8_4-setup.exe : You do not have permission to access this file.
So then I clicked on reset account but this message came up: Your account could not be found.
I suppose I'll just have to resubscribe as a new user? So that's what I'll do. No problem.
Just occurred to me - maybe because of the time difference between here and Greece, I thought I had an hour remaining but maybe my subscription had already expired.
Sooz

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: Can't upgrade

Post by lottoarchitect » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:30 am

Hi Sooz, the time used by the whole subscription mechanism on the server is naturally at GMT time. However this time doesn't contain the extra 1 hour Daylight Savings Time (DST), regardless if it is applicable or not. Given we are now in DST time, and the server time does not include this, that's why the links expired I believe. There is a good reason I DST is not used in servers time and it has to do with the integrity of the order events taking place.
I've sent you an e-mail.

saara

Post by saara » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:59 pm

Can any experts (Yes, Anastaious), tell me the formula to calculate the probability of selecting just one single number appearing? Example in a 5/50 game, if I said number 13 will appear in next draw, what is the odds? Is it 49/5? and if I then predict 2 numbers, how do I calculate the odds of BOTH appearing?
vitalbrands

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:26 am

Perhaps you should consult Wikipedia which explains this in more detail
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lottery_mathematics
If you just want to compute odds, the odds calculator in GAT allows very large values to be used (up to 1000 balls) something you'll not find elsewhere easily, including odds of various possibilities i.e. the chance to pick 1 OR 2 OR 3 correct numbers etc.