Recommended Scans

Talk about anything related to lotteries... This is your place to chat!
NYYannkee
Getting used to it
Getting used to it

Recommended Scans

Post by NYYannkee » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:10 pm

As a new user of G.A.T. Engine 2.3a, I have a couple of basic questions: (1) what is the recommended minimum number of scans to get a prediction? 500,000? 1,000,000? 3,000,000? What category is best to select (for example in a 5-number lottery): Is it best to select 3 tables from 3/5, 4/5 or should I wait until a high Ratio % is determined for 5/5? So far I have had no success with the predictions...obviously my own fault as I have limited understanding of just what to look for. Any and all comments/help will be greatly appreciated to get me off to a good start. Thank you all.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: Recommended Scans

Post by lottoarchitect » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:58 am

Hi NYYannkee,
There is no minimum or maximum recommended, it depends solely on the reduced randomness behavior of your lottery game. The more you let the engine run, more possibilities are explored and this increases chances to find even better overall performers to use. Typically speaking up to a few million GATs scanned is adequate for most games but I would say to judge it by the hit performance indicated by GAT.
About the categories, experience has shown the most steady performers are usually the middle columns. If you request the bare minimum of numbers, the highest hitting column is not of use. There is a theoretical analysis here at the forums that explains this in detail. If you use several more numbers, the highest hitting column is also a viable option to use.
The basic principle to look for is regularity of hits. Checking around here you'll find lots of info on that principle.

Finally, I can't match your e-mail used at the forums with any licensed data. Please send a PM with your license data to assign you to the licensed users.

NYYannkee
Getting used to it
Getting used to it

Post by NYYannkee » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:56 pm

LA, Did you receive my PM with the registration info? Please let me know. If not, I will resend it. Thanks very much.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:18 am

I got it, you can check the group info by clicking on your nickname.