I love these programs

Talk about anything related to lotteries... This is your place to chat!
Sooz
Proficient
Proficient

I love these programs

Post by Sooz » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:47 pm

OK, this may seem tooo obvious to all you younger guys. Several weeks ago I discovered the "countif" function in excel. With that, you can easily look at how many times a particular number has been selected over an array of selected numbers from many gats at once. Since then, I've been using the build-up method, and buying 20 tickets in Lottario, a 6/45 game. Not a week goes by when I haven't had at least one 3-hit. Couple weeks ago was another 4-hit. I didn't even make a post about it at the time. :-)
With Lottario, for $1 you get one chosen ticket and one "quick pick". That is, the quick pick is included whether you want it or not. (Of course I'd rather buy 2 chosen tickets for $1, but that's not an option.) My winners have almost ALWAYS been from my chosen numbers, almost never from the quick picks.
Of course, this is what the statistics predict anyway, but we humans aren't so logical. We are more influenced by anecdotal evidence than by statistics. GAT and WG are both awesome!!
Sooz

Ilovelottery
Regular
Regular

Re: I love these programs

Post by Ilovelottery » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:11 pm

Countifs is also great!

6/45 = 8 million tickets. 3N and above prize winnings tickets means just 2% are winning tickets. This = 1 in 42. Buy 20 tickets means 42/20 = 1 win in 2.1 attempts. But, you get 40 tickets, this means you win 1 in 1.2. This explains why you hit every time.

Why is it better than quick pick, well I guess it because of Gat. It's secret "Signature" is the reason.

Lottery programs users like us will help us win smaller prizes more often than non users, but winning the jackpot is still astronomical. Think about it, the designers of these lottery programs are the true expert in this field, if it's that easy, they would have won it many times already.

I am no great mathematical knowledge so I could be wrong so feel free to correct me. I just want to share my info to see if it helps.

Keep going Sooz and I hope you find a net win each time and share the idea with me. If you are constructing your own patterns on Excel, I can point you to the right place for easy formulas, you will be excited. Anyway, LA2.2 already has a lot, why bother?

Good luck everyone!

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:15 pm

Hi Sooz, nice approach here, it is very similar to what I do with the build-up mode, where I count the occurrences of each number among all proposed GATs. I have tested this approach mostly on 1 number fields but I really see no reason this couldn't be expanded to main fields like a 6/45. The analysis of Ilovelottery is correct, indeed playing with 40 tickets produces a 3 win almost on every draw, what is interesting however is the performance on 4+ wins. Playing with 40 tickets produces an overall chance of 1 in 18.32 for a 4+ hit on that 6/45 game, or about 5.46%, which would mean 18 weeks waiting time for a weekly played game. But to put this in the real perspective, we should really check what is the hit performance of the manually picked numbers and as Sooz say, almost all wins were produced by those 20 tickets. thus I wouldn't compute the chance against 40 tickets but only those actually produced by the picking method and since only 20 tickets were produced by the prediction process, the overall performance does indeed looks good. Was it the first 4+ hit or did you had another one during that period?

Sooz
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Sooz » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:19 pm

My post "Finally a 4-hit" was for the April 26th draw. After that, just the occasional 3-hits until the beginning of September. That's when i switched to the Buildup method and started using excel's Countif function to create the "synthetic" gats. After that it's been at least a 3-hit every week. One week i didn't play. And another 4-hit on October 11th. We'll see what tonight's draw brings. :-)
Each time, I wheel 12 selected numbers. I ask WG for 3-if-3 and an additional coverage of 4-if-4. WG usually gives me complete coverage for 3-if-3 in 20 tickets. But it gives me about 50% coverage for the 4-if-4. But when 4 of my selected numbers are winners, then WG has managed to put them onto one ticket.
Oh by the way, I use total real draws to be tested = 90, and total stat data = 13. This isn't because of any sophisticated backtesting. It's simply because when I switched from "Ontario 49" to "Lottario" I was too lazy to enter so much history. I had to reduce the stats to match my limited history. After that, those particular stats did so well, so I just left them that way. :-)
Yes, Good luck everyone!
Sooz

Sooz
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Sooz » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:13 am

Tonight's results. From the 12 numbers selected by GAT, there were 3 winning numbers. When I asked WG to wheel these 12 numbers to produce 20 tickets, the 3 numbers were present on 2 tickets. SO I won two 3-hits. As for the quick picks - nothing. :-)
Sooz

kiwi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by kiwi » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:08 pm

Hi Sooz

Can you tell how you do this? Do you take to top 19 GATs and export them in excel and use Countifs and from that you pick the top hitting 12 numbers?
How many GATs do you let it run for?

Thanks
Chris

Ilovelottery
Regular
Regular

Post by Ilovelottery » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:51 pm

Great results sooz. Beat the maths too.

Gat must be be very useful. Ooops, I know nothing about it!

Good luck everyone and get the big one just in time for this X'mas.

Sooz
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Sooz » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:43 pm

EXACTLY same results as last week - that is, from the 12 new numbers selected by GAT, there were again 3 winning numbers, which WG managed to place on 2 tickets. Quick Picks? Again nothing! Wouldn't you think I was due for a small quick-pick winner by now?

Kiwi sorry for not replying sooner, i only now saw your question. Yes you are correct - i ask GAT, in buildup mode to select 12 numbers. Then copy the results into excel so I have a grid of 12 by 19. So there are actually a total of 12*19=228 numbers (ranging from 1 to 45) in this grid. Then use countif to find the highest occuring 12 numbers and those are the numbers i plug into WG.

However, this week I didn't do that - there was one gat which really stood out as being the best looking - it even had a 6-hitter about 20 draws ago. So with RF=1, I ran GAT again, just for this particular table. And it was this table that came up with the 3 winning numbers.

How long do i let GAT run? Well it varies. This particular gat was only just over a million, number 1103928, and it looked so good that I just stopped soon after that around 5 million. But sometimes i'll even let GAT run as high as 30 million.

For next draw, I can't decide yet. Should i run gat again with RF=2 for that one nice gat. Or, because this is buildup mode, should i start over with RF=0.

Ilovelottery, Thanks for the good luck and good luck to you too and to everyone! :-) Most of us, I think, are playing different games, so we can ALL win! :-)

Sooz

kiwi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by kiwi » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:49 pm

Hi Sooz

Thanks for your reply and your details about my questions.

Can you tell me what you look for in a particular GAT and in the order you choose first, eg is it the Hits tab first then the Hits Produced tab ..... and how
you finally decide?

Thanks
Kiwi

Sooz
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Sooz » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:26 pm

Hi Kiwi
I'm not as organized nor as methodical as you seem to think but will try to answer. :-)
The first thing i look at is the hits graph itself. When I ran GAT in absolute or augmentative mode, as Anastasios has often suggested, i looked for regularity of hits. But now in buildup mode, i just look at the last part of the graph to see what the buildup actually looks like. The GAT program itself does a pretty good job of this though because the best-looking buildups are always at the top of the panorama column anyway. (My particular good-looking gat was actually at the top of the column.)

The number of hits is less important in buildup mode, because the number reached in buildup is never as high as when running GAT in absolute or augmentative mode.

One tip which Draughtsman once brought up - I like to see as few zeros as possible in the last part of the graph. So even before the graph starts "building up", the gat sort of has the right idea.:-)
LOL, I anthropomorphize the gats - LOL, can't help myself. To me they are marching in a band playing instruments and all doing their best to stay in step and on key. Go ahead and laugh at me. I KNOW this analogy is completely NOT mathematically accurate.

Another thing that made a difference: I started winning more when I switched from a 6/49 game to a 6/45 game. Obviously one reason is that the odds are better. But it seems to me another reason is this: The 6/49 game had 2 draws a week. The 6/45 game has only one draw a week. Therefore there's more time to run the program for longer and to reach higher gat tables. So I think it helps significantly to allow the program to run for longer.

That's all I can think of. Please ask if you have more specific questions. Good LUCK!
Sooz