I love these programs

Talk about anything related to lotteries... This is your place to chat!
sasharp65
Casual
Casual

Re: I love these programs

Post by sasharp65 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:55 am

Hi Sooz. In the 6/45 game which category column were you getting your 19 sets of 12 numbers from? The 6 hit column?

Thanks.

Sooz
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Sooz » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:39 am

Hi Anastasios - yes I also thought it was rather outstanding!! It's taking me awhile to go through my incomplete notes to make the summary - but I will. :-) The way it came to an end makes me wonder if they changed the balls or something. I actually googled around but couldn't find out anything. The winning numbers last draw weren't anywhere near the top. One of the winning numbers was actually the least frequent, occurring only twice in the entire grid.

Hi Sasharp65 - I was (and still am) using the 5-hit column and only running in buildup mode. I had tried the 6-hit column for awhile (in buildup mode) but it had to run for a long time to fill up the column. And the 6-hitting buildups didn't have good-looking graphs. I think GAT prioritizes the gats in buildup mode so that the buildup is fairly regular - ie a one-hit, followed by a 2-hit, followed by a 3-hit, etc, and finally followed by 5-hits the more the better. My 6-hitting buildup graphs didn't look regular even when the program reached 30 million gats. I'm not sure what else the buildup column is prioritized for - maybe Anastasios can remind us. :-)

Sooz

NYYannkee
Getting used to it
Getting used to it

Post by NYYannkee » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:23 pm

Hi Sooz! Great posts. As a new user of GAT, I have a question about your reply to kiwi On Nov 09, 2014:

"Kiwi sorry for not replying sooner, i only now saw your question. Yes you are correct - i ask GAT, in buildup mode to select 12 numbers. Then copy the results into excel so I have a grid of 12 by 19. So there are actually a total of 12*19=228 numbers (ranging from 1 to 45) in this grid. Then use countif to find the highest occuring 12 numbers and those are the numbers i plug into WG."

My question is about how you set up Excel to do the COUNTIF function. I have exported the GATS into rows into Excel and then split the data using Text to Columns. I'd prefer to not have to run the COUNTIF function 39 times to determine the most occurring values ... is there a simpler way in Excel to run it on the string? Can you share the syntax you use in Excel to determine the most occurring values?

Thanks muchly! Good Luck!

NYYannkee

kiwi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by kiwi » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:06 pm

Hi NYYannkee

I used this video to do this, if you start at the 3min mark you can understand how to do this by using you GAT data instead of all the Lottery number data

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1acmWtFovQ

Hope this helps

Kiwi

Sooz
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Sooz » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:37 am

Hey Kiwi
Thank you so much for that video!
I had not heard of the frequency function! Took me awhile to play around with it though. The trick is to select an entire empty column of 45 or 49 rows where you want your new information before beginning to type the formula. He does that in the video. When I selected only one cell, the new information only appeared in that top cell.
Then just for fun, I tried the same syntax with countif (remembering to select the entire column) and that worked exactly the same!
So the syntax is either {=countif(G2:R20,A2:A46)} or {=frequency(G2:R20,A2:A46)}
Go figure!!
You don't type the curly brackets. Excel adds them after you press <shift><control><enter>
Obviously on my spreadsheet G2:R20 is the grid of gats and A2:A46 is the column with numbers 1 through 45. Yours may be different.

Yes previously it was quite tedious to type the countif function into 45 different cells. BUT I only had to do it once ever. Then I left that column of formulas in place and simply copied the values into another column in order to sort those numbers. Used paste special to copy only the values, not the formulas.

Then each new draw, I overwrite the same grid area ie G2:R20. Then the column with the frequencies repopulates with the new values.
NYYannkee does that make sense?
Sooz

kiwi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by kiwi » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:52 am

Hi Sooz

I use countif to check my tickets video to help,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCt7BGKPoKs

Kiwi

NYYannkee
Getting used to it
Getting used to it

Post by NYYannkee » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:26 pm

Sooz, Kiwi, LottoArchitect,

Thanks so very much for sharing all that you have shared regarding how to use this system of counting numbers. I tried it yesterday with SUCCESS! :D I played the top 16 numbers from the 2 hits table in Build-up mode (using COUNTIF) and scored two cash wins in 15 tickets (using a 3 if 5 wheel) and 3 free play tickets! I had 4 of the 5 numbers drawn in the game. :) (By the way, I had 3.5 million scans to work with too.) Fantastic program LA! Great way to start the day here in the states! For those of you that celebrate it, Happy Thanksgiving!

NYYannkee

...and thank you too, Starbreaker!

sasharp65
Casual
Casual

Post by sasharp65 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:10 am

NYYannkee, Congratulations on your 4 of 5 hit!

Judging by your name, I'm one state south of you trying to play PA's Cash 5 game. It rolls to $450,000 tomorrow.

I've only tried this build up method the last two days and only been able to get one number. But I was only request 11 numbers to wheel my budget. I might have to bump my budget up for tomorrow night for 15 tickets!

One question, why did you choose the 2 hit column?

Thanks and good luck!

NYYannkee
Getting used to it
Getting used to it

Post by NYYannkee » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:52 pm

Sasharp65, thanks for the thoughtful comment. Yes, I'm in upstate NY (and by upstate I mean I'm well over 100 miles north of the city. Upstate. LOL. Anyway, I sent you a pm. Using the 2 hits column seems to be the one to use for better hits percentages if you're looking for a 3-hit win (and although I had 4 of the 5 numbers in my field on Wednesday, I only had two 3-hit wins). But they were wins. I'm going to have to take a look at you Cash 5 game. NY doesn't roll over...payoff runs down to 2d tier (stops there too). Send me a pm if you want to reply to mine. Thanks.

NYYannkee

sasharp65
Casual
Casual

Post by sasharp65 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:38 am

Thanks NYYannkee. Sent you a PM.