Filter by Number Groups

Discussion on strategies that can be developed within Lotto Architect
draughtsman
Site Admin

Filter by Number Groups

Post by draughtsman » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:39 am

TRANSFERED FROM OLD FORUM

Hello guys, I would like to ask to following:
let say that I have some groups from which I’m 99.99 % sure that will be only one number drawn. Like- from:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 - will be drawn 1 number
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 - will be drawn 1 number
16 17 18 19 - will be drawn 1 number
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 will be drawn 1 number
27 28 29 30 31 - will be drawn 1 number
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 - will be drawn 1 number

how should I setup the filters? It will work?
Hi gunner39,

the following you ask is one of the main reasons Number Groups exist in Lotto Architect.

In a practical example, for the groups you mention
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 - will be drawn 1 number, simply select these numbers and set the matching criteria above to the number 1 only (all other numbers must be unchecked).
Then save this number group. Similarly for all the other number groups you have. Finally, to filter tickets with these groups, go to stage 2 calculations and remember to use the same session you stored the number groups in.

cheers
lottoarchitect

gunner39,

As an aid to understanding filtering by number groups try this

If in session 1 you have your first filter group 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 and then tick just the one match box the only number groups (lines) that will get through session 1 are those lines containing just one number of your string of numbers.

In Session 2 you filter the saved output from Session 1 thus if in session 2 you have your second group of 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 and have just the one matching box ticked, then the lines that get through session two will only have one number from your string. Thus at this stage after session 1 filtering and session 2 filtering your lines will only contain one number from 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 and one number from 8 through 15.

And so on for session 3 and session 4. At the end of the process your lines will only contain one number from each of your filter ranges. This is logical step by step filtering.

However the power of Lotto Architect in filtering is demonstrated if you simply place all of your filter ranges in the one session with just the one matching box ticked and you get the same result as achieved above.

I think your filtering theory is quite interesting as if you can ascertain from your draw history that the drawn numbers have a preponderance to fall in groupings as you have suggested then you are well on the way to getting a good result from your entry.

thank you guys, for your time.
It is possible to introduce, a feature like:
-form group from numbers with same skips
-form group with percentage between 10-20% appearence,20-30%...and so on
90-100% the last?

best regards
gunner

Hi gunner39,

your suggestion requires a lot of thinking to be implemented in a general way. At the moment, you have to do this analysis manually to find the desired numbers and then create the number groups. I have some ideas to automate some analytical processes and I'll have a look at this too.

cheers
lottoarchitect