SUM Expectation

Discussion on strategies that can be developed within Lotto Architect
draughtsman
Site Admin

SUM Expectation

Post by draughtsman » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:24 am

TRANSFERED FROM OLD FORUM

I would like to know if there is a way to find the most probable next sum within the bell curve with Lotto Architect. When charting sums, the bell curve shows up and I can see that some sums are late on forming the perfect bell curve. Is there a formula to calculate this?

I have the occurence of all sums and I know the occurence if there were 14 million draws. Surely there must be a gaussian formula to calculate this from the above info and the probability of distribution in a gaussian bell curve of sums. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Alcymart,

there isn't strictly a a bell curve representation in the program because this is advanced mathematics and most people don't really understand how to use efficiently this sort of information. You can see an indication of the relative frequency of the various sums (and other filters too) by observing the classic probability tables in the MAX% display format. Those values that display a 100% are at the peak of the bell curve (the total sum is a bell curve - other filters are not). To help you in estimating the next probable sums to come, some information can be found at the program's help file (read the rejection filters part).
cheers
lottoarchitect