Wheels -- more questions

Discussion on strategies that can be developed within Lotto Architect
frog_15537
Casual
Casual

Wheels -- more questions

Post by frog_15537 » Fri May 16, 2008 2:40 pm

Good morning all.

I have an eye for details and sometimes I notice things that others over look. I’m never sure if they are important. I’ve been playing around with wheels and noticed something I don’t fully understand.

I set m = 4 and p = 4 with the full/abbreviated box ticked. Generate the wheels and right click on a wheel to put the results in the details. On the details page I click on the hot/cold/due and then generate the numbers for “most frequent numbers”. All of that is fine.

A list of tickets is generated and I can see the actual ticket values by ticking on the substitute box. At this point I can generate the “report” which compares the history of the lottery with the tickets prepared by the wheel.

In the report section I’m looking at "Numbers" which appears to be the lottery draws for each week followed by the matches. The last entry in the table is labeled “picked numbers”. This is my problem.

The “picked numbers” are not all the same as the wheel generated numbers and contain numbers not in the wheel. I’m kind of curious where these numbers came from and why they are there.

I would think that the only numbers to be compared are those in the wheel generated tickets.

Thanks for your time.

Frog_15537

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: Wheels -- more questions

Post by lottoarchitect » Fri May 16, 2008 3:55 pm

Dear frog_15537.

I assume you refer to the report button which appears in the Hot/Cold/Due (HCD) system. This report does not compare the wheel produced with the numbers applied by the HCD. This report shows the prediction output (the numbers) picked by the HCD system compared to the history of your lottery. In a sense, you get an idea of what the quality of the picked numbers are in the long run by the HCD, as if you were using the HCD to predict numbers for all the history draws displayed at the report.
If you want to compare the actual wheel (with the selected/picked numbers) and how it performs to the history, you have to follow the following steps.
-Save the wheel and proceed to stage 1 calculations.
-From the Calculations select "compare tickets". There, select the generators tickets (which contains the produced wheel tickets) and set the number of history draws to compare. Under the columns 0,1,2,3,.. you observe how many tickets from the wheel returned 0,1,2,3,... correct numbers when the wheel is tested against the history draw displayed.
Pf course here you can suggest a good idea, which I have already thought about. The problem with the above procedure is that we use a static prediction from HCD (for the next draw to come) and the same picked numbers are used for the history comparison, thus the same wheel tickets are used. It would be beneficial to have a mechanism which picks the HCD numbers for a particular history draw and apply them to the wheel as if it was designed to use for that particular history draw and produce statistics for history based on that idea. This is something to add of course.

If you mean something else, let me know

cheers
lottoarchitect

frog_15537
Casual
Casual

Re: Wheels -- more questions

Post by frog_15537 » Sat May 17, 2008 11:25 am

thanks LA

that answered my questions quite well. the second part I had figured out how to save the tickets but for some reason I hadn't followed through with tthe "compare tickets". that's a extremely nice step and I think an important one.

thanks agian for the help.

frog_15537