Ticket choice testing

Discussion on strategies that can be developed within Lotto Architect
frog_15537
Casual
Casual

Ticket choice testing

Post by frog_15537 » Sat May 31, 2008 3:47 pm

I’ve been working with the Hot/Cold/Due and wheels. I have arrived at a set of tickets that I wish to test further. Lets call them “SET A” By running them through the filters I can get a set of tickets that I can see and save to a text file. Is there any way to read the text file back into LA without disturbing the numbers or calculations that are done when LA is opened?

While in LA you can create a report and under calculations you can compare the tickets to the data base. This is all fine but in fact it can only tell you what has happened not necessarily what will happen. The tickets have been created using the historical data base and must relate to that database. How well your tickets relate to the historical file is dependant on your choice of filters etc.

What I’d like to do is take the comparison a step further and look at “future” drawings. What I want to do is create “SET A” and keep it available. Then after adding the next drawing to the database, I’d like to run the comparison and see how “SET A” tickets compare to the next drawing, the next ten drawings -- i.e. the next ten future drawings. At the same time I will be creating a new set of tickets as I add each new drawing.

If I can’t read the “SET A” text file back into LA, is this do-able under projects? At the end of ten days I would have ten sets of tickets to run the comparison on and the “SET A” will have been tested against ten “future” draws. It’s a way of testing what would happen if I spent the money but I don’t have to spend the money until I’m confident of my choice of tickets.

Hope this is clear about what I want to do. Can I do it? Any comments will be helpful.

Frog_15537

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: Ticket choice testing

Post by lottoarchitect » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:51 am

Hi frog_15537,

you can do this although not in the easiest manner. After you save your text file(s) with the tickets you have generated (the SET A), the next time you re-open LA you can import this SET A via the stage 1 calculations window (generators). You add the new "future" history draws you have (so they are part of the history database now) and you compare the imported set (which is now stored in the generators ticket listing) using the same comparison procedure.
A more straightforward way to be added in a future release is to hold within the project itself past generated tickets for this comparison process you want; something like a history log of the performance of your tickets. Hope the above helps.

cheers
lottoarchitect

frog_15537
Casual
Casual

Post by frog_15537 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:27 pm

Thanks LA, I thought I had seen an import function somewhere but could not find it.

frog_15537

Brian121

Post by Brian121 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:35 am

Great post!
Thanks for sharing good informative information.

helengee25

Post by helengee25 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:38 am

:D :D :D