Number groups - Generate Serotic Jackpot wheels

You ask, we answer...if we know the answer!
draughtsman
Site Admin

Number groups - Generate Serotic Jackpot wheels

Post by draughtsman » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:43 am

TRANSFERED FROM OLD FORUM

I would like to know how I can reproduce the well known lottonet system matrix with Lotto-Architect. Basically less tickets, same chances to win the jackpot guaranteed. Here is an excerpt of how their software achieves this to better understand the principle. I know it's with the numbers group option but can you explain if it's doable with Lotto-Architect with numbers group or do I need to add or create something else to get the same results? Explain procedure step by step so I can grasp as Lotto Architect in itself is challenging to learn thoroughly by itself.

Excerpt:

Our unique new MATRIX Systems are designed to enable users to play with most or even all numbers in the Drawing machine (barrel) at an extremely low cost and still be able to maintain [6 from 6] or [5 from 5] or [4 from 4] winning guarantee. That of course applies to Pick 6, Pick 5 (including Power ball) or Pick 4 Lotto type games. If normal abbreviated and optimized Lottonet systems were to be used, the cost of playing would still be prohibitive.
Lottonet Matrix Systems (irrespective of the size) are created as PAIRS, TRIPLETS, QUADRUPLETS or QUINTUPLETS. The QUADRUPLETS and QUINTUPLETS are used in Keno type Systems while PAIRS and TRIPLETS are used in Pick 4, Pick 5, Pick 6 or Pick 7 type Systems.

Lottonet Matrix Systems for PICK 4 games use 2 x 2 Matrix (2 + 2=4) in the System, irrespective of the System size.
If any two pairs out of say 15 pairs (as in System 30) correctly match the 4 winning numbers, the System wins a JACKPOT.

Lottonet Matrix Systems for PICK 5 games use 2 x 3 Matrix (2 + 3 =5) in the System, irrespective of the System size.
If any one pair and any one triplet out of XX pairs and triplets in that System correctly match the 5 winning numbers, the System wins a JACKPOT.

Lottonet Matrix Systems for PICK 6 games can have 2 x 2 x 2 Matrix or 3 x 3 Matrix in the System, irrespective of the System size. If any three pairs or any two triplets out of XX pairs or XX triplets in that System correctly match the 6 winning numbers, the System wins a JACKPOT.

Hi ben480,

what you present here is mostly known as Serotic wheels because he is the first one to create such wheels. It is easy to create wheels of that style in Lotto Architect as long as you target the Jackpot price only. You cannot produce 5if6 guarantees for example with the provided tools. This is something I'm accidentally work on these days and is indeed very interesting.

How to create such wheels:
Go to the number groups system.
For all the pairs: create as many number groups needed with the two numbers of the pair every time. Set matching criteria to 0 & 2 only (not 1).
For all the triples: create as many number groups needed with the three numbers of a triple every time. Set matching criteria to 0 & 3 only (not 1 & 2).
Finally create a number group with all the involved numbers and set matching criteria to the maximum possible (should be 4 for Pick 4, 5 for Pick 5 and so on). All other matching criteria should be unchecked.

All these number groups should be in the same session of course. Finally perform Stage 2 calculations with the session you have your number groups stored in. The output is what you describe.

cheers
lottoarchitect

Just want to make sure I got the first step right... I do numbers group numbers 1 and 2 then save then group 1 and 3 then save then group 1 and 4 etc... I would have created 4 groups in a session in the above correct?

Not exactly,

assume you have the following pairs of numbers:
Pair 1: 1 2
Pair 2: 3 4
Pair 3: 5 6

You have to create 3 number groups for the 3 pairs.
The 1st number group would have the numbers 1 & 2 (matching criteria 0&2)
The 2nd number group would have the numbers 3 & 4 (matching criteria 0&2)
The 3rd number group would have the numbers 5 & 6 (matching criteria 0&2)
etc for all the pairs you have.

Similarly for the triples. For every triple you have select the 3 numbers and matching criteria to 0 & 3.

thanks did the pairs:
1 2
3 4
5 6
7 8
9 10
11 12
13 14
15 16
17 18
19 20
21 22
23 24
25 26
27 28
29 30
31 32
33 34
35 36
37 38
39 40
41 42
43 44
45 46
47 48
and then how about the 49? ... as I am working on a 6/49 lotto. Is it finished for the pairs? Will the triples basically take care of the 49?

You can remove the last pair 47 & 48 and use a triple instead. If this will work depends on the size of your lotto game.

If you play Pick 4, then only pairs can be used (2+2=4).
If you play Pick 5, both pairs and triples MUST be used to be able to produce a 5 number ticket (2+3=5). Neither only pairs or only triples can be used (2+2=4, 3+3=6 both not equal to 5).
If you play Pick 6 you can use either pairs or triples (2+2+2=6, 3+3=6). But you cannot have a pair and a triple in the same ticket.
If you play Pick 7, you need BOTH pairs and triples (2+2+3=7). You cannot have only pairs or only triples.

I hope you get the idea. If you create e.g. triples when they cannot fit, then they'll be skipped automatically so nothing to worry about. You'll just have numbers groups that do nothing really. Finally you can expand this idea of pairs and triples to introduce quads or pentads. It is exactly the same as creating pairs or triples but now you select all the 4 (or 5) numbers and setting matching criteria to 0 & 4 (or 5 for pentads).

Also if you create all the pairs possible for your game, you'll end up with many tickets.

Just did triples... 49 is left out alone at the end too. I guess it's the next groups that will take care of this last number. I may be back with questions on creating that last group.

Yes I will end up with many tickets however we can also filter a lot and use global numbers option to limit our selection of numbers. I have a great predictor in hand for 20 numbers and 42% of times gives out 6 numbers out of 20. I am not sure yet if all this will work perfectly, but I am working on it.

Is this predictor a known commercial program? However, in order to benefit from creating Serotic style wheels (they are not meant to be filtered in first place), you have to be able to predict correctly two numbers for your pairs and 3 numbers for the triples. It will not do any good just having all 6 numbers out of 20.

I think you meant to remove pair 47 48 and put 2 triplets 46 47 48 and 47 48 49, does this work out? Wait, I am confused, let me get back to you on this.

You can have pairs up to number 40, then create 3 triples 41 42 43 , 44 45 46, 47 48 49.
If you play Pick 6 it will work. Keep in mind that in Pick 6 only pairs or only triples can be in the same ticket (2+2+2=6 or 3+3=6). So, either your 6 numbers have to be in your 40 (from the pairs) or all your 6 numbers must be in your triples (41-49) to get a jackpot. This is called a split wheel and is not recommended to play this type. What I'd suggest is to forget about adding the last number.

I see, it makes sense to not filter Serotic wheels to benefit. The program is lottonet Integra XP-01. It does everything for me so why do I bother?... well I think I can add a little of Lotto Architect and hit the jackpot much faster! You can find them by doing a search in your favorite search engine. They been in business selling their software since the 1979.

It makes sense to omit the last number in the case of a 6/49, I agree

Hm, I've read their ad about their hit success. What lotto do you play? Where can I find history data for it? I want to test the efficiency of my prediction methods to see if I can match that success ratio. Also can you give a bit more detail how this rating is produced? How many draws tested?

I play a few lotteries... the one I am working on is Quebec Lotto 6/49 as it's only 50 cents per ticket. I will attach all drawings that were done in an email if you would like. here is a screenshot of their predictor and the % of success outputted... depending on the size of the system used. 20 numbers is 42%.

I have created many Serotic wheels with this procedure. Read my guidelines and you'll manage to produce such wheels. Its much more easy that you think really.

Guidelines:

For all pairs: create all required number groups to cover all your pairs. In each number group, select the 2 numbers of the pair and set matching criteria to 0 & 2 only (not 1).

For all triples: create all required number groups to cover all your triples. In each number group, select the 3 numbers of the triple and set matching criteria to 0 & 3 only (not 1 & 2).

All the above number groups MUST have different numbers among them. No overlapping numbers. This IS A REQUIRED property of Serotic wheels, not something wrong with Lotto Architect.

Finally create a number group with all the numbers involved in all your previously created number groups. Set matching criteria to maximum possible only.

That's all.

Luckily this program can do much more than creating Serotic wheels which is one of the many things number groups can do. The sad thing is people did not really understand the depth of this program. It offers very powerful tools which require a bit of thinking to realize all the possibilities and techniques it can offer which goes quite beyond the usual around. Sadly people don't learn to use their minds and want everything at a click of a button (I'm speaking generally). So if it doesn't say with big letters "Serotic wheels" then they assume it can't do it.
Producing Serotic wheels for Jackpots is the easy thing to do. The one I work on at the moment is to produce Serotic wheels with other guarantees (and largely reduced tickets to play). This would be something to sell quite expensive.

That's everything I did however the last group Lotto Architect won't let me create it, and reads error" All possible numbers selected in a group. This has no effect"
I chose all numbers with matching criteria 6 and nothing else.

You need to create that last group only if you actually use fewer numbers than the maximum possible. So if you used all 49 numbers in your number groups, then you don't need to create the last one. You can omit it in that case. This last group helps the process to get rid of all other numbers not present in your number groups so to have all your tickets produced to contain only numbers from your number groups. Again make sure you don't have overlapping numbers among your number groups. This is what created this strange output of 8 tickets.

Ok, so no overlapping, I'll see if I can think of something, thanks for the prompt replies. If you ever sell your software, advise me and I will be the first one to purchase it.

Yes I will go to global filter and input fewer numbers, and give that a try, and No overlapping. Thanks.

Instead of doing this, the easiest way is to use the final number group I mentioned. The result will be the same but using the number group instead is much faster. This number group does exactly what the Global Number Filter will do.

no overlapping with pairs and triplets is a real brain teaser, I'll think harder.

To make it easier for you, in case of pick 6 games it doesn't make really sense to combine pairs and triples. They cannot be combined.
Either use pairs or triples, not both. Remember, the only valid are 2+2+2=6 (pairs) or 3+3=6 (triples). You cannot produce a sum of 6 with pairs and triples at the same time 2+3=5 (not 6). So you are thinking of something that cannot be done really.
Recall this from your initial post:
"Lottonet Matrix Systems for PICK 6 games can have 2 x 2 x 2 Matrix or 3 x 3 Matrix in the System, irrespective of the System size. If any three pairs or any two triplets out of XX pairs or XX triplets in that System correctly match the 6 winning numbers, the System wins a JACKPOT." They say the same thing: 2+2+2 matrix or 3+3 matrix only. Nothing else can be done. What they don't mention here but it is a requirement is that all those pairs or triples (not both) are non-overlapping too. I really don't see what troubles you so much. It is very easy to make Serotic wheels for Jackpots. A matter of a few seconds to setup the number groups really.

Ok here is an example for Pick 6. It took me 30 seconds to make that Serotic-style Jackpot wheel in Lotto Architect.

Serotic-style wheel for jackpot with 10 numbers.
Jackpot guaranteed if any 3 pairs (out of 5) contain all 6 numbers.
2x4 correct if any 2 pairs (out of 5) contain 4 numbers.
A prize if any 3 pairs contain 3 or more numbers.

5 Pairs in total:

Pair 1 numbers : 1 2
Pair 2 numbers : 3 4
Pair 3 numbers : 5 6
Pair 4 numbers : 7 8
Pair 5 numbers : 9 10

Here you can see that the pairs are non-overlapping. This is a required definition.

Create the following number groups:
number group 1 : select numbers 1, 2 (matching criteria 0 & 2)
number group 2 : select numbers 3, 4 (matching criteria 0 & 2)
number group 3 : select numbers 5, 6 (matching criteria 0 & 2)
number group 4 : select numbers 7, 8 (matching criteria 0 & 2)
number group 5 : select numbers 9, 10 (matching criteria 0 & 2)

Finally create a number group with all numbers 1-10 (matching criteria 6 only)

This will produce the below Serotic-style wheel (10 tickets):

01 - 02 - 03 - 04 - 05 - 06
01 - 02 - 03 - 04 - 07 - 08
01 - 02 - 03 - 04 - 09 - 10
01 - 02 - 05 - 06 - 07 - 08
01 - 02 - 05 - 06 - 09 - 10
01 - 02 - 07 - 08 - 09 - 10
03 - 04 - 05 - 06 - 07 - 08
03 - 04 - 05 - 06 - 09 - 10
03 - 04 - 07 - 08 - 09 - 10
05 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 09 – 10

Another example for Pick 6 which uses triples.

Serotic-style wheel for jackpot with 18 numbers.
Jackpot guaranteed if any 2 triples (out of 6) contain all 6 numbers.
3 correct if any triple (out of 6) contain 3 numbers.
A prize if any 2 triples contain 3 or more numbers.

6 triples in total:

Triple 1 numbers : 1 2 3
Triple 2 numbers : 4 5 6
Triple 3 numbers : 7 8 9
Triple 4 numbers : 10 11 12
Triple 5 numbers : 13 14 15
Triple 6 numbers : 16 17 18

Here you can see again that the triples are non-overlapping.

Create the following number groups:
number group 1 : select numbers 1, 2, 3 (matching criteria 0 & 3)
number group 2 : select numbers 4, 5, 6 (matching criteria 0 & 3)
number group 3 : select numbers 7, 8, 9 (matching criteria 0 & 3)
number group 4 : select numbers 10, 11, 12 (matching criteria 0 & 3)
number group 5 : select numbers 13, 14, 15 (matching criteria 0 & 3)
number group 6 : select numbers 16, 17, 18 (matching criteria 0 & 3)

Finally create a number group with all numbers 1-18 (matching criteria 6 only)

This will produce the below Serotic-style wheel (15 tickets):

01 - 02 - 03 - 04 - 05 - 06
01 - 02 - 03 - 07 - 08 - 09
01 - 02 - 03 - 10 - 11 - 12
01 - 02 - 03 - 13 - 14 - 15
01 - 02 - 03 - 16 - 17 - 18
04 - 05 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 09
04 - 05 - 06 - 10 - 11 - 12
04 - 05 - 06 - 13 - 14 - 15
04 - 05 - 06 - 16 - 17 - 18
07 - 08 - 09 - 10 - 11 - 12
07 - 08 - 09 - 13 - 14 - 15
07 - 08 - 09 - 16 - 17 - 18
10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15
10 - 11 - 12 - 16 - 17 - 18
13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 – 18

I setup a Serotic wheel too, it was easy! We stand as much better chances to win now and lower cost in tickets. Superb! Thanks for the great support!

If you want to directly create the tickets to play instead of the actual Serotic wheel, simply replace the numbers 1-18 with your own selection of 18 numbers. Place them when you creating the number groups. Also the final number group should contain your own selection of the 18 numbers.

We can do even better filtering slightly but it hurts the integrity of the wheel itself, but with someone with a low budget, it's an option. I am so happy about this. We didn't crack the lottery but with a good predictor, the sky's the limit my friend. I'll try to think through a little more because why not crack the lottery? Actually even if I find it, I'll keep it for myself so that lottery commissions keep lotteries still running. Keep it for yourself though else lotteries will shut down and we don't want that. Let's play intelligently and with restraint. Winning a 2nd division or 3rd or 4th division prize raises less doubt from lottery commissions and we will play for many more years to com my friend. It was a pleasure chatting with you and may God Bless you!

You can delete this post if you deem not appropriate but I want you to read it all first. I don't know how else to chat with you privately. I do have Yahoo messenger if you are ever interested to brainstorm new ideas on our findings. I am also working on recurrence analysis in an attempt to crack the lotto.

I will give a brief description of how recurrence analysis works, then describe its application to lottery results in order to make predictions (although the main Lotto draw has the largest data set of all the various lottery games - In recurrence analysis, a one-dimensional time series is expanded into a higher-dimensional phase space, in which the dynamic of the underlying generator takes place (phase space contains all the possible states of a system). This is done using a technique called delayed coordinate embedding, which recreates a phase space portrait of the dynamical system under study from a single (scalar) time series. To expand a one-dimensional signal into an M-dimensional phase space, one substitutes each observation in the original signal:

X(t)
with vector:
yi = {xi, xi-d, xi-2d, ... , xi-(m-1)d}

where i is the time index, m is the embedding dimension, and d is the time delay. As a result, we have a series of vectors:

Y = {y1, y2, y3, ... , yN-(m-1)d}

where N is the length of the original series. The idea of such reconstruction is to capture the original system states at each time we have an observation of that system output. Each unknown state St at time t is approximated by a vector of delayed coordinates:

Yt = { xt, xt - d, xt - 2d, ... , xt - (m-1)d}

Two of the most important parameters in a recurrence model are dimension and delay. They work together as a mathematical 'comb'. Dimension is the number of teeth on the comb, and delay the separation between them. The comb is moved along the data, one value at a time. Data are read off from the 'teeth', and form a coordinate in state space. It is this state space reconstruction of the initial phase space data from which predictions are made.

Some people use the concepts of "hot" and "cold" numbers, both of which are flawed. Over time, the distribution of drawn numbers will level out (it might take hundreds or even thousands of draws to do so, but eventually it will, unless the draw machine is biased in some way). Too many systems and methods simply look at the numbers, rather than the underlying process: the draw machine itself. The numbers are there only to keep track of the balls; you could have any set of symbols printed on them. What matters is how the balls behave, not what is on them. The motions of the balls are ultimately determined by the laws of physics, and constrained by the design of the draw machine from one week to the next. With the exception of quantum-level phenomena, no physical system is completely unpredictable. Recurrence analysis effectively provides a statistical interpretation of the underlying physics.

Over time, the physical dimensions and features of the draw machine impose a degree of repetition on the way the balls move. I call this signature "characteristic behaviour", something which all machines have. Barring component failure, over time a given machine will exhibit the same behaviour (excluding scientific curiosities like the Lorenz waterwheel, whose behaviour is chaotic). Different designs of lottery machine will have subtly different characteristic behaviors. These are exhibited by patterns in the balls, which recurrence analysis can detect.

One objection to this approach is that a set of machines rather than a single machine is used to draw the numbers. However, I believe mechanical differences between machines of the same design are so slight that they can safely be ignored. Besides, it is not possible to know before each draw which machine is being used, so the assumption has to be made that it makes too little difference to be worth considering.

Can characteristic behaviour be quantified? Yes, and an entire branch of engineering is devoted to measuring the operating characteristics of machines. If you graph the behaviour of components over time such as velocity, frequency, and power, patterns emerge (the balls in a lottery machine can even be considered as another set of components). One equation I have developed for lottery machines uses six parameters:

Dimensions, d : the size of a lottery machine chamber, given by d = length x breadth x height
Shape, s : a measure of the shape of a lottery machine chamber; 1 for a sphere, 2 for a cylinder, 3 for a cube.
Rotor arms, a : the number of arms on the rotor (a = 0 if the machine uses a blower to mix balls).
Rotor speed, r : the maximum speed at which the rotor turns (again, r = 0 if the machine uses a blower).
Ball columns, b : the number of columns into which balls are arranged prior to being released.
Mixing time, t : the time which balls are mixed for before the first one is drawn.

The formula for characteristic behaviour is: Cb = d + s + a + r + b + t

This formula should yield a unique value for any given lottery machine design. After a recurrence model has been found for a given lottery machine, its Cb value can then be calculated. For a new design of lottery machine, its Cb value can be calculated first, then compared to those of pre-existing machines. It should then be possible to determine which recurrence parameters might work best for the new machine, avoiding the task of trying dozens of values of dimension and delay.

Another way to choose numbers would be to use a computer simulation of a lottery machine. A first approximation would be to model only the motions of the balls. Each ball would have its own subroutine, to handle its x,y,z coordinates and velocity. The physics engine would call each ball routine in turn and look for collisions, updating each routine accordingly. I suggest a time step of 1/100 of a second. The program would look something like this:

1 Initialize variables: time, positions, velocities, ball count
2 Set balls in motion; start timer
3 Call each ball subroutine in turn; check for collisions; miss out drawn balls
4 Increment timer by 1/100 second
5 Draw a ball after a specified time; decrement ball count
6 Repeat from 3 until all required balls have been drawn

Although this method and analysis takes into account the underlying physics of the lottery machine, do the lottery numbers themselves have an attractor? From my work so far the answer is yes, and it is most likely a strange attractor (in fact, it is the lottery draw machine that generates the attractor; the form of the attractor is ultimately determined by the characteristics of the machine).

There are still several other questions to be answered. Would analyzing the results by column have any effect on accuracy? Do different lottery games have different values of dimension and delay? (the answer is probably yes). What is the theoretical maximum number of accurate predictions? (there's actually nothing to say all six numbers can't be predicted). Do the values of dimension and delay for a given lottery change over time? Do lottery results exhibit stationary? (do the values of statistical measures like mean, variance, and standard deviation remain the same over time). The question of stationarity is one of the most important. Put simply, a system exhibiting non-stationarity is more unpredictable over the long term than one with stationarity (though it may be predictable over short periods). If the lottery results are non-stationary the values of dimension and delay will gradually change over time (and perhaps even the type of Predictor and Distance measure).

I don't claim using recurrence analysis only will guarantee your chances of a win, but I do claim it will improve your chances. I will find out by combining my knowledge with Lotto-Architect. It's the only software in the world that you can do just about anything you can think of. Long live Lotto-Architect!

ry only triplets with no pairs in a 6/49, watch the results and smile my friend! Down to 15 tickets with winning guaranteed still!!!

So it all boils down to how good the prediction method used. I am trying to achieve 100% success of predicting 6 numbers out of 20. Having a hard time with that. 42% is as much as I can right now.

a12ab
Regular
Regular

Re: Number groups - Generate Serotic Jackpot wheels

Post by a12ab » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:07 am

hi there, i need a step by step tutorial in constructing serotic wheel, i play 6/45 in australia, but i have sets 0f 30 numbers that will give me 5 from 6 drawn every week, how can i utilize this sets using serotic wheel, cause i want to have multiple wins, please help

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:32 pm

Hi a12ab, first mention the program you refer to. This is a subforum of Lotto Architect, if you want instructions for Wheel Generator, you should post to the relevant subforum.
For Lotto Architect, the process is described in all the above posts in depth. Also, LA can construct only Matrix (Serotic) targeting the jackpot. Also define what you mean by multiple wins.

cheers
lottoarchitect

a12ab
Regular
Regular

Post by a12ab » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:39 pm

hi there
well i have WG latest version, sorry if this is not the right place to ask, just tell me where should i ask this at? and what i mean by multiple win is to have as many as 8, 4 number win if i have 5 or 6 (hopefully 5) in my 30(1st priority) , although i'm playing 6/45 here in australia we have system play 4,5,7,8-20, here i will use system/pick 7 (mean i can mark 7 numbers in my playslip although it's a pick 6 game, and if 6 numbers drawn in my pick 7 i win jackpot) hopefully can achieve this multiple win mention above in 40-50 combinations of pick/system 7
and hopefully if the condition of the wheel are meet i can have jackpot, still in 40-50 combinations but this is only 2nd priority

kind regards

a12ab
Regular
Regular

Post by a12ab » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:00 pm

is this even possible to achieve? the objective is i like to have as many as 8, 4 numbers win if i have 5or6 in my 30

cheers

a12ab
Regular
Regular

Post by a12ab » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:43 pm

well maybe 8 too hard to achieve, how bout 5 multiples?

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:58 pm

There is a subsection dedicated to WG at the bottom of the "Board Index" page. Questions specific to WG should be posted there.

To the questions, since you can have 5 or 6 numbers in your 30's, requesting multiple 4-hits means to request a 4 if 5/6 setting L to the desired amount of t wins (e.g. 8). Alternatively, you could try a 5 if 5/6 (L=1) and set the additional coverage to seek for the desired 4 if 5/6 with L = 8. I can't tell if it is possible that many multiple 4-hits, just try it :)
Since we cannot know in advance the b value to use, try the approach recommended at
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=427&p=1469#p1469
at the section "Building from scratch sequentially in small increments".

However you are not ensured the jackpot when building a t if m for matrix. This is only possible when building a jackpot serotic covering. The least ensured is the t guarantee in an abbreviated serotic. The benefit of such constructions is that if you miss e.g. one number from a group, you are guaranteed at least a t-1 win, besides the obvious benefit of drastically reducing the cost of playing compared to the relevant abbr. covering. This is not the case with normal abbreviated coverings, where missing one number can't guarantee anything.

cheers
lottoarchitect

a12ab
Regular
Regular

Post by a12ab » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:43 am

hi
i guess what i need is not serotic wheels but compound, where i just request 1 number from each group, and the group amount of numbers can be different, but i do have a question, what if 2 or 3 winning numbers are in 1 group, like consecutive, what happen with my coverage, examples please

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:58 pm

If by compound you mean groups with a range of possible correct numbers to be picked, all you need to do is to set the range or the individual values requested out of that group. Serotic is just a special filtered build construction. WG can build any sort of filtered construction, given the combination of provided filters can produce what you are after. In filtered constructions, you have to set the filters in guide mode and also enable the "filtered over overall coverage". The more filters you add in guide mode, the more chances you'll not be able to make an 100% cover. This is because a guide filter "forces" the possible blocks that can be used, and within this restricted set of possible blocks to be used, WG tries to find the best coverage achievable. What sort of examples do you want?

cheers
lottoarchitect

a12ab
Regular
Regular

Post by a12ab » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:14 pm

hi lottoarchitect
example like, say i try to make pick 6 5if6 in 30, 5 groups requesting 1 number from each group, and say 2 winning numbers are in same group, is the mean i still can get 4 if 6 right?
group1= 1 2 3 4 5 6, group2=7 8 9 10 11 12, group3=13 14 15 16 17 18, group4= 19 20 21 22 23 24, group5=25 26 27 28 29 30, requesting 1 number
winning numbers are 1 7 13 14 25 26, i will have a 4 number win 100% right ? 1 7 13 25 - -
so when i select my groups don't put them in guide mode? so i can have 100% coverage?
please step by step instruction for beginner needed

cheers