Struggling to import draw history

You ask, we answer...if we know the answer!
Ilovelottery
Regular
Regular

Struggling to import draw history

Post by Ilovelottery » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:11 pm

Hi

I can't seem to import data from the Euromillion. I've tidy the data in many ways, saved in many different formats but still can't do it. HELP.

Thx

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: Struggling to import draw history

Post by lottoarchitect » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:00 pm

It would be helpful to say what is your game, how did you setup that game and also give a sample of the lotto draws you try to import. 99% of the time, the problem is either something wrong in the lotto draws or a wrongly setup draw. You should stick with the plain text file. LA does not support other file formats, so this is wrong to begin with. If your data come from excel, there is the possibility EXCEL to introduce special characters (invisible in your text editor) which make your text file problematic. Copy the desired columns only in the notepad, do not save directly from within EXCEL. If you used word for the draws as well, these programs introduce special invisible characters. Use notepad to be ok.

lottoarchitect

Ilovelottery
Regular
Regular

Post by Ilovelottery » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:25 am

Hi

I play Euromillion 5/50 plus 2/11. I am sure my game setup is correct.

I download past history from here

https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/play ... esults.ftl.

You will see, date, comas, 5 main and 2 bonus numbers and raffle ticket numbers.
I remove the raffle ticket numbers.
What remains in Notepad is date, coma, and the main 5 numbers all separated by a coma.
I have tried import with and without the 2 bonus balls.

Hope you can help

Alan

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:53 am

It will help if you post a sample of the text file you try to import. The error is usually incorrect settings during the import wizard or something in the actual data (the text file you load in LA). From a quick look at the link, the problem is dates are not arithmetic i.e. the month is text, not numbers. You have to rename these to the relevant number.

lottoarchitect

Ilovelottery
Regular
Regular

Post by Ilovelottery » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:33 am

Thank you so much, it was the DATE and its now working.

I didn't think it was the date because I have successfully imported data in the Thunderball lottery but the date was replaced with the word "Undefined"

Thank you

Alan

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:29 am

Well, that's because the import couldn't identify proper days. Your first step is to rename "Jan" to 01, "Feb" to 02 etc "Dec" to 12 which is the relevant months. Then during import you have to enable "the file contains dates of draws" and enable Day/Month/Year dates format. You shouldn't have issues after that.

lottoarchitect

rhillstrand02

Post by rhillstrand02 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:00 pm

I'm just recently been looking into Lottery analytics and amazed at this site. I've just recently obtained a license and looking to import a new lotto. 5/75 1/15 game. Game is setup correctly, but the import file is not working. This snippet below is the data i have.

10/31/2014,11 - 29 - 36 - 58 - 67 - Mega Ball = 15 - Megaplier = 2X
10/28/2014,03 - 50 - 57 - 58 - 60 - Mega Ball = 11 - Megaplier = 5X
10/24/2014,02 - 14 - 21 - 28 - 55 - Mega Ball = 03 - Megaplier = 3X
10/21/2014,05 - 35 - 37 - 41 - 66 - Mega Ball = 11 - Megaplier = 5X
10/17/2014,21 - 31 - 43 - 56 - 60 - Mega Ball = 12 - Megaplier = 4X
10/14/2014,11 - 37 - 46 - 64 - 68 - Mega Ball = 15 - Megaplier = 3X
10/10/2014,02 - 32 - 35 - 50 - 59 - Mega Ball = 03 - Megaplier = 5X

What steps do I need to take in order to clean this up correctly?

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:39 pm

Hi rhillstrand02, I have tested the sample, the import AI identifies the dates correctly but skips the first real number, which it shouldn't obviously - I'll check what happens there as the sample is pretty clean. If you get the message "cannot analyse data" from the AI, then you have either forgot to activate dates during setup or there is somewhere a wrong value among the lines you try to import, so you have to inspect to find it, or try to import the whole thing in several pieces till you find the part that has the issues. Now, the AI skips incorrectly the first real number of your lottery game, so when the AI indicates "lottery analysed", change the setting "numbers to skip after the date" to 0 and click analyse, then import. Let me know if you still face issues with the import.

rhillstrand02

Post by rhillstrand02 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:49 am

lottoarchitect wrote:Hi rhillstrand02, I have tested the sample, the import AI identifies the dates correctly but skips the first real number, which it shouldn't obviously - I'll check what happens there as the sample is pretty clean. If you get the message "cannot analyse data" from the AI, then you have either forgot to activate dates during setup or there is somewhere a wrong value among the lines you try to import, so you have to inspect to find it, or try to import the whole thing in several pieces till you find the part that has the issues. Now, the AI skips incorrectly the first real number of your lottery game, so when the AI indicates "lottery analysed", change the setting "numbers to skip after the date" to 0 and click analyse, then import. Let me know if you still face issues with the import.
LA, thanks for the help. Looks I had to remove quite a bit of data and resort to taking out the dates, skipped 1 for numbers and imported fine. I wanted to keep dates but ordered my number accordingly.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:54 pm

Hi rhillstrand02, the sample you provided is very clean, the AI just doesn't figure out the first number after the date. I strongly suggest to include the dates in your draws history because it protects against double entries. I assume the rest of your history is as clean and correct as the sample you posted, thus when the AI analyse the results (and wrongly omit the first real number), adjust the setting "numbers to skip after the date" to 0 and click analyse again to correctly identify the draws, then import it. If you history indeed contain errors (i.e. out of range numbers), then you have to remove these of course before being able to import the whole thing.