Use your own filters

You ask, we answer...if we know the answer!
Ilovelottery
Regular
Regular

Use your own filters

Post by Ilovelottery » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:07 am

Hi :roll:

I've only just started (testing)to create my own filters (Draw Filters Manager) and I could have 200 of them. I also saved it in Area and call it "MY own Filters"

As far as I understand it, the only way to use all or some of these filters is to go to Rejection Filters, Design and them select My Own Filters in the Area and choose one filter in the Filter drop down menu and then CREATE? is this the correct way? The tedious problem is if I want to use over 200 filters. Is their a way so that I can just select ALL the filters that I've created in My Own Filters?

Many thanks :D

Alan

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: Use your own filters

Post by lottoarchitect » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:29 am

Hi Alan, I'll first ask if you understand the concept of a draw filter. A draw filter is just a way to pick specific draws in your history to make an analysis in any parts of the program that use history draws to display e.g. statistics such as number groups or rejection filters. The default such draw filter is the "by 1" which means "use all available draw history". The only reason you'd have to create a new draw filter is to test if you may observe something in the statistics produced (e.g. in the sums filter) and take advantage of by not picking some specific history draws. The most useful ones are already included "by X" and "last X draws". I really don't see the need to even create one more besides the default included so I'm really curious what those 200 draw filters will do?? Keep in mind, you have to save a project to retain them.
There are some special cases that need the use of custom designed draw filters e.g. to extend the common appearances filter to check beyond the past 250 history draws but this is rather advanced (if I recall correctly this technique is discussed in the help file). Apart from such specific tasks, I really see no reason to develop a new draw filter.

lottoarchitect

Ilovelottery
Regular
Regular

Re: Use your own filters

Post by Ilovelottery » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:04 am

Hi

OIC :roll:

I thought the use in creating new filters would help me set up my own default/template that I can use for every project so I have misunderstood it.

Lately, I have been tediously using Number Groups a lot. Example: selecting 0-2 (max of 2) for group numbers 1 to 9, 20's etc. I know its available in Rejection Filters with just a few clicks BUT 1st digit will not work properly for me (you've already explained in other posts). I also have my ways of filtering which differs slightly after each draws, hence the reasons why I need to create my own so it will be available with just a click.

Nothing special about my 200 filters. It just things like Must have at least 1 number from.. (my own selection of let say 8 numbers etc).

I guess the way I can do this now is create in Number Groups, save in various sessions and then save all my created filters as a project and use this project as my template, correct? or is their a better way? If am right, I guess the important thing to do is to ensure I SAVE the project in a different name each time, right again?

Thx :lol:

Alan