Query About Order of Draws

You ask, we answer...if we know the answer!
Doomps

Query About Order of Draws

Post by Doomps » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:58 am

Hi,
I have been having a bit of fun importing draws. It was easy at first, until I found out that in my country they have a few barrells with corresponding balls only used with each particular barrel which they rotate between games each week. This meant I had to split my data into 3 and match my GAT anaylsis for the correct barrel and balls being used that particular week. I did this ok, but then the software no longer recongised my dates for the draws. I have read other posts and realised I should have put the data into notepad, but I'm not fussed about having dates in and have already imported my data and running GAT analysis,

so my question is - when you import there is a checkbox which says - reverse order of draws (if dates not provided)

what does this mean? does it mean I was supposed check this to reverse the draw order? I assumed draw 1 was the first draw, draw 2 the second etc... and onwards, which when the data was imported this was imported correctly - i.e. the draws were imported in descending order from the first draw ever done until the last. It's bugging me that my data may be in 'around the wrong way' can you please advise the interpreation of this checkbox? I have read the help section but it does not specify this feature.

Thankyou

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: Query About Order of Draws

Post by lottoarchitect » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:31 pm

Hi Doomps, if you define a lotto game that doesn't contain dates, then there is no way the import wizard to know the order of the draws. In that case, we have two possibilities when we try to import a history text file; 1) the draws are sorted oldest to newest and 2) the draws are sorted newest to oldest.
At the AI import wizard, the earliest (oldest) draw, as being understood by the AI, appears at the top always. If the AI understood the file in the opposite direction, so it displays e.g. the newest draw at the top whilst this is actually the oldest, you check that "reverse order of draws" so to bring the oldest draw to the top. This check box is available only if you define a lotto game without dates (so we assume there are no dates in the imported text file too).
Importing draws without dates is only offered for lotto games that do not have somewhere dates defined. It is highly recommended to use dates if they are available because they ensure no double entries will occur and the draws are always inserted correctly to the correct position in the history. The AI cannot identify if a history without dates has been imported at a previous time, so it is very easy to re-import the same data. If dates are available this cannot happen.

lottoarchitect