Custom Wheel - Saving Tickets

You ask, we answer...if we know the answer!
kweg
Regular
Regular

Custom Wheel - Saving Tickets

Post by kweg » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:53 am

Hi Anastasios
I am using Lotto Architect (LA) and am seeking advice on how to save tickets from a custom wheel with my selected numbers. I am playing Powerball which is 6 numbers from 40 and a powerball.

I constructed a 20 number 4 if 6 wheel , 100% guarantee, using Covermaster and successfully imported this into LA. It gives me 84 tickets.

In LA, I go into Wheels Manager, select this custom wheel, select my 20 numbers ( out of 40) and then tick the “Apply selected numbers to wheel “ box. I then have 84 tickets with my 20 numbers. However, I cannot see how to save these 84 tickets so as I can use the “Compare tickets” function. I have read the “Help” file and also the forum posts under LA but without success.

I tried using the “1” function. I set up a global numbers filter with the 20 non selected numbers “disabled” and with the Global Numbers Filter and Custom Wheels boxes ticked but this gave me over 30000 tickets – not the 84 I wanted!
Is it possible to save my 84 tickets for analysis under the “Compare Tickets” function and, if so, I would be grateful for advice on how to do this. Thank you.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: Custom Wheel - Saving Tickets

Post by lottoarchitect » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:32 pm

Hi kweg, up to this point you have done it correctly:
In LA, I go into Wheels Manager, select this custom wheel, select my 20 numbers ( out of 40) and then tick the “Apply selected numbers to wheel “ box
You don't have to use the global numbers filter at all; this is not what you are after anyway.

The first step is to actually save this wheel. Click on "save and name wheel" which is at the same page alongside with "apply selected numbers to wheel" and enter any name you wish. This will effectively store the wheel for processing (you can see it at the wheel manager). LA allows pilling up wheels and this is why this save operation is necessary. It is not enough to just click the “Apply selected numbers to wheel “ box.
Once you have saved the wheel, you are ready to produce the actual tickets for the comparison. Open stage 1 calculations and activate (check) only the "custom wheels" option. Then click calculate and then "save tickets". The system should report just 84 tickets (as many found in your wheel). Finally, open the compare tickets function and select as source "generator tickets".

kweg
Regular
Regular

Re: Custom Wheel - Saving Tickets

Post by kweg » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:00 am

Thanks very much Anastasios - this is exactly what I wanted. LA is an amazing program. I have been slowly exploring it for some time now and am continually coming across new features. I have in no way mastered the full use and potential of the rejection filters but I can easily see the potential to craft your own very sophisticated ones. By trial and error I have used the Group function to come up with 20 numbers that over time continually produce 3, 4 and even 5 hits. The problem is when I wheel these numbers ( using Covermaster) I rarely get the 4 or 5 hits. With your information, I am now going to construct various wheels, important them, and use the "Compare tickets" function to see if any of the wheeling systems can produce 4 or 5 hits if such numbers are included in the base 20 numbers. It may well be my 20 selections are not the best - for example I did a quick test using the "Hot/Cold" selection in one wheel and it gave good results but more work is required. Regards and thanks again.